[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why does everyone and their Mom play Reb00t?

SecondHeroSecondHero
Reactions: 1,320
edited December 2016 in Rants and Raves
It seems like the easy mode server for an already relatively easy game.

The only 2 positive things it has on normal servers are the population count and the fact you can buy Illbis from a NPC. Otherwise, it's a worse game.

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016
    They don't want to spend money. Reboot offers an experience without spending big bucks to get where you want. I personally don't like it as the server itself promotes botting but if it helps bring in a bit more money and helps Maple stay alive then I don't see a problem with it staying.
    JettLuvsU
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited December 2016
    Who cares.
    JettLuvsU
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited December 2016
    I play Reboot because of no need to pay in order to advance and no trading with other players.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    I'm with you OP, I don't understand the appeal of Reboot. Maplestory was never about high numbers on my screen, and I cannot justify leaving my guild and just abandoning everything in Windia that I spent years to build up
    LilyflowerAaronHuskySecondHero
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

They don't want to spend money. Reboot offers an experience without spending big bucks to get where you want. I personally don't like it as the server itself promotes botting but if it helps bring in a bit more money and helps Maple stay alive then I don't see a problem with it staying.
    Permolas
    Permolas said:

I play Reboot because of no need to pay in order to advance and no trading with other players.
    See. This is my biggest issue.

You DO NOT HAVE TO SHELL OUT NX TO ENJOY THE GAME OR ADVANCE.

One of my friends that started playing about a week ago on Windia already is level 150 doing daily boss runs and getting good gear. He charged 0 NX to his account.

You don't have to spend big bucks on any of the worlds. Going from 1-200 has never been simpler than now, and the game is FULL of content and events right now to assist you with climbing.

The trade-block stops you from funding your other characters aside from botting/meso farming/buying NX and removes a huge portion of the social aspects of this game as a MMO. I fail to see how people distort this backwards reality.

To top it all off, you can FIND or MAKE cubes and attain the majority of the items you can purchase via meso from Reboot's cash shop by simply playing the game, bossing, and doing dailies. All of which are easier if you could trade, use the auction house, or bank your earned things to your other characters. If anything, I feel as though Reb00t really empowers hackers and people that heavily spend NX more so than any other World.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    If they would just suck it up and add Water of Life to Reboot's reward shop, then there would be no pay-to-win at all. I mean, technically it's not pay to win, but there's pay-to-advance-faster in the form of pets. Outside of the 5-hour Snail, 7-day Puffram, and RNGesus blessing you with Blackheart boxes from Hilla that actually drop the pet, there is no way to get a pet on Reboot, which means your meso gain is severely limited compared to someone with at least one pet.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

If they would just suck it up and add Water of Life to Reboot's reward shop, then there would be no pay-to-win at all. I mean, technically it's not pay to win, but there's pay-to-advance-faster in the form of pets. Outside of the 5-hour Snail, 7-day Puffram, and RNGesus blessing you with Blackheart boxes from Hilla that actually drop the pet, there is no way to get a pet on Reboot, which means your meso gain is severely limited compared to someone with at least one pet.
    I find it hilarious that the people on Reb00t at the top of the server are the ones that either hack or shell out TONS of $$$ on NX. It's the complete opposite of the philosophy players use to go there in the first place.

And almost everyone has a Kanna with a pet to spam Kishin and Maple Farm all century.

On Reb00t, you can't buy Fusion Anvils or Surprise Style Box items with meso, so that was a huge turn off for me. Straight back to Windia as soon as I saw the very limited shop.
  • NovasiriNovasiri
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2016
    TBH I play on Reboot for differing reasons than those stated here. The shop means little to me, I rarely visit it and see no reason to, as unlike main servers everything has a time limit. My reason for playing on Reboot is the simplicity. There's no annoying % scrolling, there's no having to worry about having to buy NX only cubes for BONUS potentials to be end-game viable, and there's no having to reset your gear over and over because you didn't get the exact % scroll job you wanted on it. You can earn everything through in-game playtime. It's only a matter of how much you're willing to do.

Yes I miss the Player trading, but that's the entire point of Reboot, to be a server where your progress is marked by how much YOU want to do. I'm not the richest, in-fact my Kanna is sitting at 150 as a LS mule. I get all my mesos from daily stuff such as bossing. But social interaction has been actually quite nice for me. I've been in several parties on grinding maps between WG and even leveling characters, and the guilds are incredible on Reboot. Most of the time having the characters who have reached that 'end-game' status being MORE than willing to help those with carries of things like CRA, HMAG, and before the MIA of Gollux, Hellux.

It's just a matter of what you make of it, or work to make of it. Which is why I love it.

Editied to Add- As for the Botters and Hackers, every server has them. There's no creeping around that one. Except on Normal servers you have the displeasure of being spammed by them for 'BUY MESO CHEAP'. Which I do NOT miss what so ever.
    Nativeftw