[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not MapleStory? Not In General Chat

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited September 2016 in General Chat
If your post is not about MapleStory, please do not post it here in the General Chat. #Irony
FawnLilyflowerMakazeKiba

Comments

• nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    I thought this is one of the jobs for "Maplestory" forum moderators. Are you firing them like Trump ?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

I thought this is one of the jobs for "Maplestory" forum moderators. Are you firing them like Trump ?
    No but, much like the "Do not pass when opposing traffic present" road signs I've personally seen, you have to tell some people this stuff.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    Aggraphine

nenenenene

No but, much like the "Do not pass when opposing traffic present" road signs I've personally seen, you have to tell some people this stuff.
    Still doesn't explain why our CM has to emphasize on this since it is already covered in the Code of Conduct sticky post under "POSTING RULES AND REGULATIONS".

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

Aggraphine

nenenenene

Still doesn't explain why Michael has to emphasize on this since it is already covered in the Code of Conduct sticky post under "POSTING RULES AND REGULATIONS".

Do you mean to imply people actually read that?
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    Two different cases. You are in the direction of assuming a low median age of forumers. I'm in the direction of what triggers our CM to do this.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

Two different cases. You are in the direction of assuming a low median age of forumers. I'm in the direction of what triggers our CM to do this.
    I can assure you, they are not assuming the forumers are "low aged", they are just pointing out that some people ignore the rules or just assume "general chat" means you can post anything in general, this happened on the old forums even when it was highlighted that "maple general chat was only for chat about maplestory" and some random guy would post there every couple of months about his or her daily life gripes like having to take out a loan for a house and being mad that the loan system is made to make you perpetually in debt.. etc.

They then, in that same thread, complained about people telling them not to post about this in the Maple General chat area because they thought "this was a General chat section, so i can post about any General topic i want"...etc.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    Sigh... I just want to know what triggers Michael to create THIS particular thread. Not your general assumptions on historical belief.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Probably the fact that General Discussion was inundated with a bunch of random garbage mixed with everyone reading the forums rules in the same way as they read the EULA/Terms of Service/Terms of Use/Privacy Policy/etc of various things.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

Sigh... I just want to know what triggers Michael to create THIS particular thread. Not your general assumptions on historical belief.
    There has been a handful of posts we've had to move into off-topic already.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

nenenenene

So basically this
    Aggraphine

Probably the fact that General Discussion was inundated with a bunch of random garbage mixed with everyone reading the forums rules in the same way as they read the EULA/Terms of Service/Terms of Use/Privacy Policy/etc of various things.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

nenenenene

Yeah. But why? Isn't that the job of the moderators? Are they ("we") complaining to you that it is a hassle for them ("we") to move to off-topic ?

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    @nenenenene

Is it one of their responsibilities? Yes.

Is it a janitor's job to keep an establishment clean? Yes. Does this mean picking up trash? Yes.

Does that mean you should just throw your trash on the ground because you know it's someone else's job to pick it up?

No.
    AggraphineMegaScienceKerqxonUzumeLilyflowerToymaker
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

@nenenenene

Is it a janitor's job to keep an establishment clean? Yes. Does this mean picking up trash? Yes.

Does that mean you should just throw your trash on the ground because you know it's someone else's job to pick it up?

No.
    @THEBOSS
    But still... Why THE BOSS has to post a notice in the lobby to remind everyone after 10+ years ? Seriously... Are you or one of your peeps complaining to you? Or you just have a bad day ? ;-)

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

KThxBaiNao

@nenenenene

No.
    @THEBOSS
    But still... Why THE BOSS has to post a notice in the lobby to remind everyone after 10+ years ?

Honestly? Just because the forum rules exist wherever the hell they are, doesn't mean everyone's going to read them. And yes, some people need to be told things they should already know. It's simply a reminder.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

But still... Why THE BOSS has to post a notice in the lobby to remind everyone after 10+ years ? Seriously... Are you or one of your peeps complaining to you? Or you just have a bad day ? ;-)
    And why, exactly, does it concern you who posts this? Did you have a bad day today? He's just clarifying the rules for the people that obviously didn't read them, and his job includes what the moderators do too. He isn't exempt from it.
    LilyflowerCatooolooo
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

nenenenene

And why, exactly, does it concern you who posts this? Did you have a bad day today? He's just clarifying the rules for the people that obviously didn't read them, and his job includes what the moderators do too. He isn't exempt from it.
    You still don't get it. What's the trigger???? As for why? Because he's THE BOSS!!!! No one care about me that i have a bad day. I care about our BOSS if he had a bad day!!!!
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    edited September 2016
    nenenenene

Uzume
    Uzume said:

nenenenene

You still don't get it. What's the trigger???? As for why? Because he's THE BOSS!!!! No one care about me that i have a bad day. I care about our BOSS if he had a bad day!!!!
    @nenenenene - I appreciate the concern. I didn't have a bad day. I just noticed a few posts that had to be moved, and would like to prevent creating more work that necessary for the volunteers and myself.
    LilyflowerUzume
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited September 2016
    @Michael Thanks for looking after the volunteers including yourself for us. I hope they don't take your volunteer effort for granted. :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited September 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

Why did you move the kitty headphones thread to off-topic? That's definitely on topic since it directly involves items and designs FROM Maplestory.

...unless you moved it there because you're trying to hide it, as in, Nexon ripped off/stole the design from one of the others.
    Yeah, just like every game out there that has something based on real life in it ripped off/stole the design. Valve ripped off numerous firearm manufacturers with the Counterstrike franchise. As did every other modern-military-loadout shooter. Ace Combat series ripped off aircraft manufacturers. World of Tanks ripped off tank manufacturers, et cetera ad nauseam.

It's off-topic because it has nothing to do with maple, the mention of the items in maple is tangentially related at best.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Man, what happened to this thread?