[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hayato Bossing

OverArchOverArch
Reactions: 720
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I've been playing a Hayato for the mega burning event and I'm up to level 140 so I've put in a decent amount of time. My damage is pretty low since I'm waiting till i can equip my cra's to fully upgrade my gear so that's partially it, but I've had a pretty tough time with bossing. I've just gone to the quick draw stance and used the regular attack, but that's it. What's the best way to boss with Hayato and any other tips you might have for the character?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Frozen set? You should at least 100% trace it and get it to five stars.

And yeah, Rai Blade Flash works fairly alright, but I heard Shinsoku is better for DPS after a point.
  • OverArchOverArch
    Reactions: 720
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

Frozen set? You should at least 100% trace it and get it to five stars.

And yeah, Rai Blade Flash works fairly alright, but I heard Shinsoku is better for DPS after a point.
    Yeah I'm using frozen for now. I'll try that out, thanks!

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Rai Blade Flash will be better for now. Shinsoku, I think, starts getting better as your damage increases. Plus there's a hyper skill that adds an extra line of damage to it around the 150s or so. Shinsoku has the added benefit of allowing you to move and, I think, jump while using it.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited December 2016
    From my point of view as a late-game Hayato, Shinsoku doesn't end up being your better 1v1 damage skill unless, from before V, you hit cap with it. Shinsoku, with all Hyper Bonuses even, is only superior in lines per second, not damage per second. However, it doesn't mean it's useless though. Assuming you have a 100% critical rate, you can use it as a quick and steady source of healing due to it's high tick rate coupled with the insane proc rate of Warrior's Heart, a passive from 3rd job that heals 4% of your max HP at a 40% chance of your critical hits.

If you just need damage, use Rai Blade Flash. If not, you can chill and use Shinsoku.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    When bossing, use Shinsoku to raise your blade meter quickly. It's best to only do this if you have a really low blade meter or when the boss used weapon ignore (lots of 1's, so it's a good time to use it over Rai Blade Flash) This powers up your Ult quicker, since you only gain +2 per attack, and also raises your passives that the Blade Meter gives you faster in Battoujitsu stance.

On the field, using Rai Sanrenzan and Summer Rain to kill enemies is basically the only thing you should really do besides using mobility attacks to get around faster.