[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This better not represent GMS' community..

SterblightSterblight
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Used to play on EMS. I go onto reboot and experience the 2x lag hell everyones talking about. I just ask a question along the lines of "Does nexon know about it? Are they going to work on it anytime soon?" Suddenly the guy I was whispering starts getting all aggressive. Whaat? I thought EMS was bad but at least I could ask a question.

I hope everyone else is better here. Keep in mind this is the first person I spoke to in game lol. Not a great first impression.

Comments

• PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    decided this wasnt the right thread to post my rant
  • HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    The community got bad after Big Bang when a lot of loyal social players left and the new generation of little kiddies came into our lives.
    It's almost like you want to ask: "Why even play the game if you want to solo/be left alone?" It's an MMORPG not a Single Player game.

If you they want to play this as a Single Player game, then go make an "illegal" version or something, at least that way you'd be the only one on it and experience no lag period.

It can't be helped, most kids on MapleStory don't know what the meaning of MMO's are because it's either their first MMO, or they're just anti-social like me IRL, except I'd actually respond try to be talkative/respectful if someone asks me a question or needs help, unless they're rude to me.

So basically, yes over half (maybe more) of the GMS Community is disrespectful, but there are still a handful of really nice people.
    A friend an I met someone the other day in Gold Beach who was Lv.200+ and randomly invited us to a party and gave us HS while asking for fame in return, I told them to not bother faming me back since it wasn't that important, but yeah they were nice enough to stick around til we left for Riena Strait.

This was in Reboot btw, the one World you'd probably think has the most rude people since everyone would be fighting over EXP since it's technically 2X all the time, and Mesos Farming.
    AK712JettLuvsUxLelouchzValryia
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited December 2016
    sad to hear you have such experience... I think Reboot actually has the most friendly player base out of all servers haha. Don't mind that one random guy you run into who's a jerk to you
    JettLuvsU
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

The community got bad after Big Bang when a lot of loyal social players left and the new generation of little kiddies came into our lives.
    It's almost like you want to ask: "Why even play the game if you want to solo/be left alone?" It's an MMORPG not a Single Player game.

If you they want to play this as a Single Player game, then go make an "illegal" version or something, at least that way you'd be the only one on it and experience no lag period.

It can't be helped, most kids on MapleStory don't know what the meaning of MMO's are because it's either their first MMO, or they're just anti-social like me IRL, except I'd actually respond try to be talkative/respectful if someone asks me a question or needs help, unless they're rude to me.

So basically, yes over half (maybe more) of the GMS Community is disrespectful, but there are still a handful of really nice people.
    A friend an I met someone the other day in Gold Beach who was Lv.200+ and randomly invited us to a party and gave us HS while asking for fame in return, I told them to not bother faming me back since it wasn't that important, but yeah they were nice enough to stick around til we left for Riena Strait.

This was in Reboot btw, the one World you'd probably think has the most rude people since everyone would be fighting over EXP since it's technically 2X all the time, and Mesos Farming.
    Yep. This is basically what us good players on GMS are dealing with. And it's not bad enough that it's little kiddies, it's rich, entitled, selfish kiddies. But really, there are some really nice players still on GMS. You just won't find them in Henesys, Ardentmill, FM, or really any place large amounts of people AFK.
    xLelouchz
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Nexon hasn't made party play viable yet. You're forgetting that some players are competing for level ranks as well.
  • AzgaurdAzgaurd
    Reactions: 670
    edited December 2016
    At this point Sorrow, I doubt they ever will. It's pretty difficult to balance something like that. Generally for a large portion of Maple's existence, if you are strong, being solo awards more exp than being in a party. So it is inefficient to party with other players, especially if they are weaker than you are (and even if they are stronger, they are getting more kills, doing more damage, 'taking' more of the exp). If they were to make party play truly viable, they'd have to hit the nail right on the head. Otherwise it'll be stronger than farming alone and everyone will just mandatorily group together arbitrarily and then proceed to play solo, just all together on the same map. It's difficult to get something like that correct, and Maple honestly never really has. No arguments here though, I just accept it as part of the game. I prefer party play more anyways. Every second solo where you are taking a drink or itching, or adjusting your position in your chair, you are wasting exp, and I hate that feeling. In party play, you (as the other member(s)) get the liberty to do all those things, and so do I. Much better for a grind-focused farming session in my opinion.
    JettLuvsUxLelouchzIvangold
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Azgaurd
    Azgaurd said:

Every second solo where you are taking a drink or itching, or adjusting your position in your chair, you are wasting exp, and I hate that feeling.
    Aren't you taking the game too serious??? 0.o Feeling bad for actually not being glued to the keyboard? My advice take a break! ...

On topic, since the V update it seams like reboot was invaded by a storm of little brats that don't know how to share a map (I only ask to share when the other channels are taken), but cry for cra and other bosses carries. I hope they quit soon and the server population goes back to what it used to be.
    Jacaru