[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Now that you nerfed the Santa Box

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

I find it funny that the main reason to nerf these boxes is "to reduce the grinding mentally" when this game is nothing BUT one big grindfest.
    So why would you rail on reducing the grinding mentality (which is purely my own speculation, I might add) if you think the game is a grindfest?

The main point is that there are more events coming, there are more ways to get coins in the future. It's not the end of the world.
    Booberpuppy

That's fine you dislike grinding, I get it. But in turn, do you actually LIKE having an event destroyed with restrictions such as this? They took it to insulting extremes. They could have done this more tastefully is my ultimate point. What they did was spitting in the player's faces, and I know I'm not alone with that feeling.
    They limited the number of coins you got from a reward box that's absurdly common anyway. That's hardly "spitting in the players' faces".

Either way I suggest people calm down and relax a little. Getting irrationally angry solves nothing.
    DalethAzureNargaValryia
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    If it was to reduce the grinding mentality the items would cost lest and coins would be easily obtainable... simple.
    Celeste123AramyGamesday
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Either way I suggest people calm down and relax a little. Getting irrationally angry solves nothing.
    Do I smell a threat? lol... Usually happens when we're on to something. Yeah, I'm admittedly pretty emotional over this because of how ridiculous it is, and I'm not afraid to lock horns with people's irrational justifications for Nexon's shortcomings.

I stand firmly by what I said about how I feel about what they did and how they went too far with it, and I know from the many posts on this forum and others, and in-game chat happening recently on this issue, that I am far from being alone with my views.
    WANHEDAdeadend5193
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Booberpuppy

That's fine you dislike grinding, I get it. But in turn, do you actually LIKE having an event destroyed with restrictions such as this? They took it to insulting extremes. They could have done this more tastefully is my ultimate point. What they did was spitting in the player's faces, and I know I'm not alone with that feeling.
    They limited the number of coins you got from a reward box that's absurdly common anyway. That's hardly "spitting in the players' faces".

People are rightfully angry at this. Personally, I can't play every day and when I do get a chance, I don't have hours to spend on the game. Events with daily login events and "stay on for this amount of hours to get this prize" are chores, not fun. The limit means that because I do not play every day, I will not be able to get the prizes. Events should be playable, even if you have life obligations.
    BooberpuppyTemptationCeleste123PlasticHollyRedLeafHeart777GamesdayMisterKrekelWANHEDAdeadend5193
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Once again in Maplerustory. If you take advantage of something from the beginning before it gets fixed, you can get away with it. Waow now i can get 100 coins per day when new events come, when i could've and should've just farmed like 5000 coins in a few hours and bought all the stuff i wanted.

If people knew Nexon would nerf the rates and cap it to fking 10 a day after, i wouldn't have spent 3000+ coins on damage skins just to get one skin i wanted. Didn't get, but at least i got the name change, mounts, and some chairs.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    There is no amount of reasoning that can justify a measly low limit of 10 coins per day from the santa boxes. The utility items (scrolls and such) in the shop already have a purchase limit, so there shouldn't be worries about players inflating their ranges to absurd amounts.

I get that Nexon wants to make the chairs "rare" but the prices on them are ridiculous. As with the current limits, we can only purchase 2 chairs at max before they're removed for the season 2 shop - this is assuming we don't plan on buying the vengeful ring and upgrades. So we're forced to pick a select few "rewards" by having us ration our coins.
    BooberpuppyWANHEDA
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited December 2016
    I completely understand unlimited coins is a bit too much.. And I agree, but who in their right mind would nerf it to 10 per day. I'm sure everyone would've accepted, let's say, 100 coins per day. I also don't accept the fact that this was "planned" all along. If this was a planned feature, why give the box a chance to give a random amount of coins? Why not just 1? I'm also bothered by the fact that Nexon, in classic Nexon fashion, sneakily adds this little change to the patch notes well after the initial patch notes were posted, which further raises suspicion that this wasn't planned at all. It's almost like they're thinking "Maybe they won't notice".
    It's not so much the fact that these boxes are nerfed, it's more the way Nexon does this to the community over and over again, and then wonder why everyone is P'd off all the time. Can't they just for once host an event that doesn't make everyone angry over basically nothing?
    BooberpuppyTemptationPlasticHollyGamesday
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Tanya
    Tanya said:

People are rightfully angry at this. Personally, I can't play every day and when I do get a chance, I don't have hours to spend on the game. Events with daily login events and "stay on for this amount of hours to get this prize" are chores, not fun. The limit means that because I do not play every day, I will not be able to get the prizes. Events should be playable, even if you have life obligations.
    Grinding events where you have to collect millions of boxes for your stuff are pretty much the exact opposite of what you want, in that case.
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

There is no amount of reasoning that can justify a measly low limit of 10 coins per day from the santa boxes. The utility items (scrolls and such) in the shop already have a purchase limit, so there shouldn't be worries about players inflating their ranges to absurd amounts.

I get that Nexon wants to make the chairs "rare" but the prices on them are ridiculous. As with the current limits, we can only purchase 2 chairs at max before they're removed for the season 2 shop - this is assuming we don't plan on buying the vengeful ring and upgrades. So we're forced to pick a select few "rewards" by having us ration our coins.
    Current rates. There's an entire event lined up called "It's Party Time!" whose sole reward is V coins.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Tanya
    Tanya said:

Grinding events where you have to collect millions of boxes for your stuff are pretty much the exact opposite of what you want, in that case.
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

Current rates. There's an entire event lined up called "It's Party Time!" whose sole reward is V coins.
    You can't deny that a limit of ten coins after a day of no limit at all feels entirely like a knee-jerk reaction to their own mistake.
    Celeste123WANHEDA
  • ICSOblivionICSOblivion
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Tanya
    Tanya said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I really hope that we really get to enjoy that event, due to the inmense amount of lag and DC´s a lot of ppl are suffering (me included).

• HiekHiek
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

There will be more events occurring on the 15th, when 5th job and Arcane River open. Check the in-game event tab (hotkey "event").

What we currently have now are the High Five events, minus the NEXUS event, plus some Christmas stuff.
    The real question is: "Are the current items in the V Shop going to be replaced, or just added onto it?"
    Because, if they get replaced, then it doesn't even matter if there are new V Coin events because most of us won't even be able to obtain 1200 before "Season 1" V Shop ends, and if they stay, who is to say that the new Ring won't also be 1200 Coins, which we have no idea if these new V Coin events after the 14th is going to improve much, since we will still need to finish obtaining the Vengeful Ring before getting the Master Ring SS.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    Hiek
    Hiek said:

The real question is: "Are the current items in the V Shop going to be replaced, or just added onto it?"
    Because, if they get replaced, then it doesn't even matter if there are new V Coin events because most of us won't even be able to obtain 1200 before "Season 1" V Shop ends, and if they stay, who is to say that the new Ring won't also be 1200 Coins, which we have no idea if these new V Coin events after the 14th is going to improve much, since we will still need to finish obtaining the Vengeful Ring before getting the Master Ring SS.
    The coin shop does not reset until December 27th. That leaves 12 days worth of new events to gather enough coins. If they do additional hot weeks or hot times then you'll be fine.

Regardless, you don't know if the new events are going to improve anything, but assuming they won't is rather odd, since it makes little sense to make an event like that.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Regardless, you don't know if the new events are going to improve anything, but assuming they won't is rather odd, since it makes little sense to make an event like that.
    Seeing as this event went from one day being: "Oh wow if I want to get a nice ring or some chairs or maybe a damage skin or two I can farm up a lot of coins and buy those items!"
    to the next day being: "Really 40 coins per day? Guess this event is done since I'm not gonna be able to buy anything now."
    I'm not really expecting much from the upcoming events to remedy this failure.
    And seriously, Maplestory has always been and will always be a game that involves endless hours of grinding to achieve certain goals.
    If one of those is to farm coins from boxes to buy items from an event shop that don't give you any "power" then just let the people do it and don't go around telling them it was done to reduce grinding.
    Well it actually did since a lot of people are now just ignoring the event as there is no more point for them to participate in it with this joke of a daily limit.
    KittyIsAUWANHEDA
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited December 2016
    Nightcrawl3r

...a lot of people are now just ignoring the event as there is no more point for them to participate in it with this joke of a daily limit.
    Yup that's me, and a lot of other players I know. I'm not even logging in to actually play/grind or level up right now, and very few of my in-game buddies are either, some because of the nasty lag, others because of the spiteful and ludicrous daily cap they put on the V coin. We'll see how things pan out when full fifth job hits, but if things keep going the way they are right now, I'm done.
    Nightcrawl3r
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    honestly santa boxes were more fun without limits.
    i hope i will see nightmares of nexon chasing me with a bag of santa boxes. kek.