[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bonus potential cube not working

zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
Reactions: 710
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Bonus potential cube not working (Green cube) From the Marvel machine doesn't work when I try to use it on items.

Brief bug summary: Well, When I go to use the cube on my item, it asks if I want to, I confirm, Then It says are you sure etc. I click yes and it doesn't do anything.

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce: Use cube on item -> Confirm you want to use -> Watch nothing happen.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: zLuminate

Character level: 139

Character job: Luminous

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 10/12/16

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time) GMT

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Would you have a picture of the item in question?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Do you currently have bonus potential on the item in question?
  • zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
    edited December 2016
    MegaScience

Would you have a picture of the item in question?
    Aggraphine

Do you currently have bonus potential on the item in question?

imageThis is the message I confirm then nothing happens.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    There is no bonus potential on that item, only regular potential. Bonus potential will be explicitly labeled as "Bonus potential".

Here is a picture of an item with bonus potential:

Cubes (regular or bonus) cannot add potential to an item, only randomize it. You will need to find an item with bonus potential or find a bonus potential scroll (I received one from a Christmas sock recently) in order to use the cube. I would also suggest looking into advertising a cubing service to make mesos, if you cannot find either of the above yourself (so at least you won't leave this whole thing empty-handed).
    zSuperSaiyan
  • zSuperSaiyanzSuperSaiyan
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

There is no bonus potential on that item, only regular potential. Bonus potential will be explicitly labeled as "Bonus potential".

Here is a picture of an item with bonus potential:

Cubes (regular or bonus) cannot add potential to an item, only randomize it. You will need to find an item with bonus potential or find a bonus potential scroll (I received one from a Christmas sock recently) in order to use the cube. I would also suggest looking into advertising a cubing service to make mesos, if you cannot find either of the above yourself (so at least you won't leave this whole thing empty-handed).
    Ohhhh, aha. Okay. I'm new to all of this and theres so much to learn.

How embarrassing..

Guess this can be closed then :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    You'll need a bonus potential scroll, they're blue in color, and unfortunately I'm not aware of how you get them beyond events.