[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Night Walker Shadow Spark, Shadow Stitch, Dominion

Kawai1Kawai1
Reactions: 510
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Night Walker skills Shadow Bat(1st job),Shadow Spark(3rd job), Shadow Stitch(4th job), and Dominion(hyper) disconnect player on use.

More details: Shadow Spark didn't seem to be reducing Dark Omen cooldown, and Shadow Stitch would occasionally go on cooldown without binding anything but without disconnecting either. Bugs introduced with 12/15/2016 patch.

Steps to reproduce:
Logon to Night Walker and use the skills mentioned.

Character name: Kawai1
Character level: 210
Character job: Night Walker
World name: Luna
Date and time of the incident: 12/16/2016 at 0:30 CET
Vanz

Comments

• DanGoodwayDanGoodway
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    Having similar issues with shadow spark not actually dealing damage to mobs, line are appearing but no damage being inflicted, tested on red snails and enemies in temple of time

Shadow Spark causes DC to world selection menu
    Other skills don't seem to be affected

Character name: Fuzzwalker
    Level: 154
    Job: Nightwalker
    World: Luna
    Incident date 00:45 on 16/12/2016
  • ZzAsynHoixXZzAsynHoixX
    Reactions: 305
    edited December 2016
    Spirit Project is the main bug after update. Shadow spark and Shadow Stick can deal damage to mobs but kill. However, if u buff Spirit Projection and then use Shadow Spark and Shadow Stick, they lead to d/ced. Dominion causes d/ced. Shadow Bat is fixed
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    Just want to point out that he copied my thread from 20 mins earlier word for word.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6885/night-walker-shadow-spark-shadow-stitch-dominion
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    I'm legitimately getting really fed up with this nonsense. Now Night Walkers are virtually unplayable until next week, since Nexon won't bother to fix this abomination.
  • ShadoeGuyShadoeGuy
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    ZzAsynHoixX

Spirit Project is the main bug after update. Shadow spark and Shadow Stick can deal damage to mobs but kill. However, if u buff Spirit Projection and then use Shadow Spark and Shadow Stick, they lead to d/ced. Dominion causes d/ced. Shadow Bat is fixed
    So basically Spirit Projection is causing these issues?
  • KnofbathKnofbath
    Reactions: 740
    edited December 2016
    ShadoeGuy
    ShadoeGuy said:

ZzAsynHoixX

No, without Spirit Projection on, Shadow Spark and Shadow Stitch don't do any damage at all and Shadow Stitch doesn't bind. So there are at least 3 bugs, 2 of them related.

Dominion is just it's own bug all together. Use Dominion, and you disconnect.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited December 2016
    Lol, this game is garbage.
  • FatZeroFatZero
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    gg, feel likes i am mainning a bug walker
    YinYangXAveenge
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Knofbath
    Knofbath said:

ShadoeGuy
    ShadoeGuy said:

ZzAsynHoixX

No, without Spirit Projection on, Shadow Spark and Shadow Stitch don't do any damage at all and Shadow Stitch doesn't bind. So there are at least 3 bugs, 2 of them related.

Dominion is just it's own bug all together. Use Dominion, and you disconnect.
    ^Bumping cause of similar issues.
  • VanzVanz
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Bump, because i'm suffering the same fate and ensured GM Malmol understood that NW has been buggy throughout these December updates.
  • QuietAvianQuietAvian
    Reactions: 325
    edited December 2016
    Quite frustrating to see skills I used hours ago just fine, suddenly disconnecting me a few hours later. Is someone actively updating the game while it's live, or is someone at Nexon trying to mess with Night Walkers specifically? I've done 3 runs of Chaos Horntail (second ended as the day changed), Dominion and various other skills were fine. I finished my first stone and waiting the required 8 hours now, about 2 hours left I figure check what's going on in-game. Suddenly crash when using Shadow Spark or Dominion, even non-buffed aside from our free revive.

I would like to be enjoying 5th job but at this rate, Nexon is clearly stating with these problems we shouldn't exist in this game. I can see if something was broken right off when you login, but literally hours later and no real reason for why it's crashing?! You're basically limiting our ability to fight already, or use any sort of map attacks. I also had a random runtime error, using dark omen on a large group of mobs. It's increased for more mobs hit, for the times you do get multiple platforms covered in one attack.

Starting to question if it's been a good idea, to even return at this rate given the lack of respect certain classes get. You promptly fix various bugs for some classes, while others are simply forgotten about and swept under the rug. Shadow Bat was fixed but even then, I really wonder if something else was triggered because of how it works. Since they seem to break more than they fix, it's starting to seem like they'd rather us quit playing.
  • UkatsuUkatsu
    Reactions: 900
    edited December 2016
    I'm experiencing the same problem also. Very frustrating after returning to the game from a few months of a break. I DCed doing Pink Bean due to the shadow spark dc problem. After reading this thread I tested it on the penguins at Snowy Hill (one map left of el nath) and found the same thing. Without spirit projection I'd see damage numbers but nothing died. With spirit projection I dc. It seemed to dc me more when hitting more than one mob.
  • LordOfNightLordOfNight
    Reactions: 925
    edited December 2016
    My Nightwalker is also suffering from these bugs. It seemed that there has been too many bugs associated with the Nightwalkers since the very beginning of the V patch. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited December 2016
    I don't understand how nexon is able to fix 1 bug (shadow bats) and instantly make new bugs.

Getting really fed up with having a bugged char all the time. Fix your bugs!!!!
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited December 2016
    I've been having to rely on Quintuple Throw and Shadow Bats for mobbing, since those are literally the only things that don't cause disconnections. To be honest, I don't know why everyone is surprised this even happened, lol.
  • KrierzKrierz
    Reactions: 405
    edited December 2016
    Impossible...really impossible... at this point i think they don't even try the classes before put the game online after the patch! Otherwise there's no an explanation! After the bat bug now we have 4 more skill bug! Try to hire someone who knows how to update the game propelly please!

Ps: GG again nexon! And thank you to don't let us play, i'm really experiencing the real life -.-
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited December 2016
    I sent in a video of me disconnecting. I've finally made it.
  • ShadoeGuyShadoeGuy
    edited December 2016
    RegretfuIly

I sent in a video of me disconnecting. I've finally made it.

Let's hope it goes through. I'm okay with Shadow Bats being my main mobbing skill with Quin throw. But, i'd rather have Shadow Spark there as an option when I need it too. -_-
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    edited December 2016
    I actually don't really know why they needed a video of me disconnecting, when they told me they were able to successfully reproduce the bug on their end.
  • Mprimeau421Mprimeau421
    edited December 2016
    YEAH! I'm having all the same issues as alllllll of you! literally cannot train without disconnecting unless ms is trying to make me kill one monster at a time...... literally have to use the quad stars and dark omen just to kill , its freaking annoying AND I JUST STARTED PLAYING AGAIN AFTER A YEAR I'm soooo maddd right now