[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Snowflakes droprate

RailBirdRailBird
Reactions: 2,450
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Is this literally meant to be a joke? Because it's not funny.
First someone tries to convince me that the reason v-coins from Santa Boxes were nerfed is because it was promoting bad grinding oriented gameplay (because that's not what Maplestory has always been anyway?). And now they have us collect 300 snowflakes with an almost non-existing droprate, for 12 days in a row. Isn't this EXACTLY what you were trying to prevent?! A mindless, boring grindfest with little profit.
I'm sorry, but whoever's in charge of event planning, you're doing it wrong.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Funny, ain't it? Don't worry too much though, this is a returning event from last year, same abysmal "why in the crap am I doing this to myself" drop rate and all.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

I'm sorry, but whoever's in charge of event planning, you're doing it wrong.
    It's not whoever's in charge of event planning. It's whoever's in charge of coming up with excuses for spiteful nerfs.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    Are the chairs all the same chair anyways - just the snowflakes stack more on each other each time? o.o I do want the 12 slot chair bag... but considering I couldn't even complete the quest after 5 DIPQ runs & 3 Evo Lab runs (with wolf familiar) its safe to say I'll be skipping this one :P

Doing the daily amount of PQ for coins to buy chairs from the V shop and opening boxes would be faster... and cooler chairs :)
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2016
    Really. 300 Snowflakes and you have 14 days to complete it 12 times. I did 1 run of DIPQ with a 2x drop coupon from the winter event plus Big Spider and only got 22. So 5 runs of DIPQ with those 2 things, 110 Snowflakes (just over 1/3 done) is a bit much for 12 Snowflake Chairs and a Bag to put them in. I would like to do it but way too much grinding to do it so forget it.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Tanya
    Tanya said:

Are the chairs all the same chair anyways - just the snowflakes stack more on each other each time? o.o I do want the 12 slot chair bag... but considering I couldn't even complete the quest after 5 DIPQ runs & 3 Evo Lab runs (with wolf familiar) its safe to say I'll be skipping this one :P

Doing the daily amount of PQ for coins to buy chairs from the V shop and opening boxes would be faster... and cooler chairs :)
    Wait, we get coins from PQ? How and which ones?
    EDIT: Nvm, found in update notes.
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    edited December 2016
    I literally just got the twelfth and only the twelfth on my first clear five minutes ago and it looks like.

I'm assuming the previous 11 simply are how many snowflakes are in the chair. As I DID NOT bother getting them.

PREVIOUS CHAIRS ARE NOT REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGHER STACKED CHAIRS.

If you want ONLY the 12-stack chair, you only have to suffer ONCE. :3

I had the same idea too doing the event, and happened to clear it while grinding. However, it's fortunately not the case at all.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited December 2016
    CryoGX
    CryoGX said:

I literally just got the twelfth and only the twelfth on my first clear five minutes ago and it looks like.

I'm assuming the previous 11 simply are how many snowflakes are in the chair. As I DID NOT bother getting them.

PREVIOUS CHAIRS ARE NOT REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGHER STACKED CHAIRS.

If you want ONLY the 12-stack chair, you only have to suffer ONCE. :3

I had the same idea too doing the event, and happened to clear it while grinding. However, it's fortunately not the case at all.

you get the chairs in a random order as far as i know
  • CryoGXCryoGX
    edited December 2016
    Dnaman101
    Dnaman101 said:

you get the chairs in a random order as far as i know
    I forgot to mention; Cassandra gives you a UI to choose which chair you want after completing the quest. You just have to scroll down and select the last chair!