[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

any specific place i can find some...story???

BlaxtarBlaxtar
Reactions: 860
edited December 2016 in General Chat
I mean,i was doing the root abyss stuff and I was wondering. 'where did a demon find a time bending chicken in a suit' 'where did a demon find a random clown and why is he there'
'where did a demon find a doll with a VERY annoying darkness spam' 'where did a demon find a legitimate looking boss that is actually the most simple' the wiki appears to have nothing in terms of explaining these questions. and I looked in a few other places...is it something nexon just went past?

Comments

• BlaxtarBlaxtar
    edited December 2016
    and just noticed I didn't swap over to the questions tab......
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Magic.

They're just designed to look like Alice in Wonderland characters. Crimson Queen is the Queen of Hearts, Pierre is the Mad Hatter, and Vellum is the Jabberwocky. People speculate about Von Bon being the Mad Hatter, but I personally think he's the Dodo Bird. There's no particular lore-based reason, just design.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Magic.

They're just designed to look like Alice in Wonderland characters. Crimson Queen is the Queen of Hearts, Pierre is the Mad Hatter, and Vellum is the Jabberwocky. People speculate about Von Bon being the Mad Hatter, but I personally think he's the Dodo Bird. There's no particular lore-based reason, just design.
    I thought Vellum might be the Caterpillar. A non-Hookah-smoking earth-digging Caterpillar >.> And maybe Von Bon's the Rabbit, but like... as a chicken. I don't know ._.
    JettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

Magic.

"wtf is a jabberwocky?"
    *googles*
    JESUS CHRIST WHAT
  • BlaxtarBlaxtar
    edited December 2016
    wasn't that demon with the patch a story boss...Damien was it? was hoping the bosses would have a story but apparently the dire situation needed Alice in wonderland characters. what about lucid?
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited December 2016
    Blaxtar
    Blaxtar said:

wasn't that demon with the patch a story boss...Damien was it? was hoping the bosses would have a story but apparently the dire situation needed Alice in wonderland characters. what about lucid?
    NOOOO Damien has a story! I know because my heart is still crushed into shards and grinded into dust. It's a Blockbuster along with Black Heaven, which features the boss, Lotus! Access Ereve Conference Hall through the Dimensional Mirror, walk to the archway with the tiny bird things, click it, and play Heroes of Maple, though chronologically, Black Heaven happens first.

Also, Lucid isn't out yet.
  • BlaxtarBlaxtar
    edited December 2016
    yay. multi chapter campaigns.... guess its worth looking into for some answers. and forgot lucid wasn't out xD so many events and stuff going on I thought she was already out along with 5th job....
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    @Aggraphine

A jabberwocky, a mythical creature from Lewis Carroll's "Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There". It was part of a nonsense poem that Alice saw in a book written in mirror writing, which she holds up to a mirror to decipher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabberwocky

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought --
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
    He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

After finding the poem, Humpty Dumpty proceeds to explain several of the terms, like "mimsy" meaning "flimsy and miserable".

The Jabberwocky also made an appearance in the live-action Disney film back in 2010 (the Bandersnatch and Jubjub bird also appeared in the film). Alice slew it with the vorpal sword on Frabjous Day.