[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

CC or teleport make your character get stuck

SmadarSmadar
Reactions: 800
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
This issue happening these days in game : https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5k7f32/psa_owl_of_minerva_tpplayers_stuck/dblwlk2/
About 36 hours ago I changed channel and teleported with my main character, got black screen for many minutes and had to restart my computer to solve it.
Since then, I cannot log into this character.
I had live chat with 2 GMs that sent my character to a "safe place" but I still cannot log into it.
Sadly NEXON support team and experts trying to blame my computer, my internet provider or my geographical living zone.
I play maple story from the same location for 12 years and I explained to the GMs that I can log into 50 different characters with no problem only my main character that had black screen is bugged. as I understood there are more players who randomly crashed from the game at the past few days and cannot log into their characters since then.
Since NEXON work like robots I will add the details below. I will be happy if more players who had a similar issue will add to this thread so it will wake up NEXON to fix this ASAP. ( I have on my character many NX items that will expire soon , a store, cubes etc. I expect them to release my character from this bug )

bug type : cannot log into the game with one specific character that crashed.
( there is a message in game saying that I logged in but I cannot be found and the character is actually keeps walking in character selection page )
IGN: Queen0fNova
server: SCANIA
time of event : 25 December around 4 - 4: 20 AM PST

I am tired of NEXON blaming everything but their servers / game / function, and do not take responsibility or have the qualified people to solve such a simple technical issue.

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    Did you save the conversation you had with the GMs?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    It is not necessarily a "simple technical issue"; I can't replicate this at all and can change channel just fine.

Did you restart your computer entirely? On Windows 10 and 8, the normal shutdown button is a "hybrid shutdown" to decrease boot time. To fully shut down your computer, open the command prompt and type "shutdown /s".
    There may be something wrong with the individual character, or it may be a computer issue.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited December 2016
    @Neospector

I'm not a professional or anything like that, but if she can log into all of her other characters except that one, wouldn't that not be a computer issue and more of an issue with Maplestory?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    @forumsareannoying

It may be corrupted registry files within the game client for that specific character (a redownload will fix) as opposed to a game issue itself (I.E. a broken map or item). Nexon can fix the latter with the patch, only the user can fix the former.
    If it's the latter, then it's still difficult to narrow down what the issue might be. OP claims changing channels caused the disconnection. As I just logged into my Jett to check, it's not changing channels specifically that locks your character out of the game (at least not at a 100% reproducible rate). We're dealing with a level 246 Kaiser, for example, so maybe the issue is with rendering the wings, or one of the items they're holding, or the specific map they're on, or some combination of the above.

There are a lot of issues that can be solved simply by restarting or redownloading. Even though everyone complains about it being part of the "customer service script", it's the most fundamental troubleshooting process there is.
    OP could also attempt to log in from another computer. If they can log in from there, then it can't be the game itself that has an issue. If they can't log in from another computer, then it's most likely a corrupted item/whatever.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    forumsareannoying

Did you save the conversation you had with the GMs?
    No I did not... I still have ticket conversation with them.

• SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

It is not necessarily a "simple technical issue"; I can't replicate this at all and can change channel just fine.

Did you restart your computer entirely? On Windows 10 and 8, the normal shutdown button is a "hybrid shutdown" to decrease boot time. To fully shut down your computer, open the command prompt and type "shutdown /s".
    There may be something wrong with the individual character, or it may be a computer issue.
    If you read my post and the link you could see that there is an issue with characters that have black screen when they cc and crash.
    I had no issues and cced just fine for many days until 1 time !!! I had black screen and my main character is gone. some people are stuck from December 19th and NEXON are not even aware of it. I was trying to log in from few computers and from few IP addresses , my computer is new and I have no problem to log into many other characters but the one who one time randomly got black screen when changing channel.

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited December 2016
    @Smadar

If others cannot replicate then there is more to it than a simple technical issue.
    It's also kind of my job to reply and all.

I'll see if I can push about the disconnection issue, although it should have been forwarded already.
  • SmadarSmadar
    edited December 2016
    I saw that you are volunteer in the forum and edited my post... sorry for that.
  • MewsMews
    edited December 2016
    I also have the same exact issue, and so do other players I know who also have this issue.
    I first disconnected due to a channel change and after that I am no longer able to log onto that character specifically. But every other character on the same account is accessible. I've even tried on another computer, different internet connection, and different locations. Same results.
    All symptoms listed by Smadar in their Original post are correct, and I can say that they apply to me as well.
    Ign: mewys
    Server: Khaini
    Time of Incident: December 22nd, 2016. At around 9:00 pm PST
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited December 2016
    I'm also experiencing this issue (I'm the player who has had this issue since the 19th), and I know many others who are as well.
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue, happened yesterday. This bug can be more complicated than what people think it could be.

IGN: Gangsta

I already sent a ticket about it.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2016
    I think I may be having the same issue. I turned off my cpu before going to work, turned it on afterwards to complete the 5th job on my Angelic Buster, screen takes forever to load, can move around for about 3 seconds and then the screen freezes.

That's garbage to happen right before I can complete my 5th job advancement, only had 1 crystal left.