[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamers Have no Access to Active V Skills

StarfishSoupStarfishSoup
Reactions: 100
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill Functionality

Bug Summary: When active skill nodes are loaded into the V Matrix of 5th job Beast Tamers, they successfully come up in the skill menu. However, the only active skill that can be used successfully is Champ Charge. When attempting to use any other V active skill (such as the Hook skill, Will of Erda or any of the Decent Buffs), an error message comes up that says "switch to the correct animal to use this skill"-- this message comes up no matter what animal mode the character is in, including none.

In addition, attempting to use the skill Mana Overload prompts another error message that says "cannot be used with the equipped item". This means that Beast Tamers also do not have access to Mana Overload, which is clearly a bug since the patch notes describe it as a universal mage skill, and Beast Tamers are a mana-based class.

Steps to Reproduce: Log into a 5th job Beast Tamer, load any of the nodes for skills listed above into the V matrix and attempt to activate them.

Character Name: Zoophiliacs
Character Level: 210
Character Job:Beast Tamer
World Name: Kradia
Date and time of incident: Anytime starting immediately after the update where V skills are released.

Please acknowledge these bugs as soon as possible, since every report has been ignored so far and these bugs make the 5th job advancement useless for the entire class. It is understandable that Beast Tamers are rare and their smaller bugs overlooked. However, the fact that they received a new active skill shows that they have been acknowledged enough by Nexon's programmers that an entire job advancement shouldn't be rendered useless because of such a trivial bug.

Comments

• bowlwithlegsbowlwithlegs
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    I hit the same issue, if I knew playing a Beast Tamer came with so many bugs and garbage like that I probably would've chosen a different class. I was so excited to hit fifth job and then none of the skills worked :C
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited December 2016
    I'll vouch for this i main one on reboot and can't even play it due to this -_- wish you guys would focus on fixing things that happen to do with characters -_- its been glitched ever since V came out
  • StarfishSoupStarfishSoup
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017
    Bumping before today's maintenance, because this is still way too fixable a bug to be making an entire class obsolete past 200.