[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What does your keyboard layout look like?

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

My left hand is always on the homekeys (ASDF). I wonder the same for alt jumpers since in any other keyboard scenario alt is one of the rare-use keys.
    For me it's more that I got used to jumping with ALT from the times when I didn't need to keybind so much stuff and because it was the default. I'd always start MS up with my right hand on arrows, and left hand on SHIFT/CTRL+Z+ALT. Cause that was all I needed aside from buffs that I had on my insert/end/delete etc keys, and reaching A/S/D for the few other skills I had.
    Now I can't imagine changing it and made all my other skills and movements work with it. I have two different hand positions for training versus bossing. And alternate between jumping with index finger and thumb depending on which keys I need to reach.

Edit: I also dislike jumping with space because of the noise it makes and how it doesn't feel as precise, somehow. Plus, space has always meant dialogue for me as I play a lot of VNs.
    Same here. I've gotten used to jumping with ALT and the default key configuration from ye olde days of Maple and it's weird for me to use the ASDF scheme since I don't play a lot of other RPGs. It's part of the reason I'm having some trouble with my Evan since she has so many skills that I had no choice but to resort to ASDF and it confuses the shet outta me when I fire her up and instead of jumping when I press ALT, she doesn't do anything. Fighting's still kind of awkward for me too since not only do I have to remember the different Evan + Mir combos, but where each attack key even is. It doesn't help that I don't play her all the time. Here's what her keyboard looks like:

• nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    KeepComingBack

Threads like these make me confused about how other people's hands work...
    LOL. I agree with you 100 percent. Although, knowing if they use a laptop keyboard may help too
  • zSethzSeth
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    im shocked that so few people use the "Z" Button :o it's at a perfeckt spot when your jump is on "alt" and it is like the next best key to "ctrl" and "shift" ... ._.
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

D jumper here haha, i just dont get how people use alt as jump.
    it always felt awkward for me.
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

My keyboard layout has stayed basically the same since I first started Maplestory ages ago. Jump has always been on space, teleporting moves always on shift, main two attacking skills on C and V, buffs on End and Delete and top row of numbers, pots on Page Up and Page Down.

All my characters follow this same basic pattern if able so I don't get confused switching between them. I also hate clutter so I always remove all the unnecessary hot keys from the board.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited September 2016
    Laptop

• SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    I recently changed my keyboard setup from what was close to default settings. Now I find it a lot easier to put jump on shift, and my potions on ctrl/alt. Since they're on both sides of my keyboard I can press them with either hand.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    zSeth
    zSeth said:

im shocked that so few people use the "Z" Button :o it's at a perfeckt spot when your jump is on "alt" and it is like the next best key to "ctrl" and "shift" ... ._.
    It depends on which finger you hit the 'Z' button with. I imagine most just use their pinky and believe me... it hurts after a while.

• DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,965
    edited September 2016
    Muh.