[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Name taken (When character has been deleted)

LadyLunarLadyLunar
Reactions: 500
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Name taken (When character has been deleted)

Brief bug summary: I deleted an old character I do not play, so I can make a new character with the same name.
However when I try to make the character its telling me that the name is taken! Its clearly not, its deleted!

Can you please inform me to how I can use the name?
Or can you inform to how long it will take to refresh so we can use deleted characters names.

World name: Luna
Date and time of the incident: 04/01/2017 - 18:49

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    LadyLunar
    LadyLunar said:

Bug type: Name taken (When character has been deleted)

Brief bug summary: I deleted an old character I do not play, so I can make a new character with the same name.
    However when I try to make the character its telling me that the name is taken! Its clearly not, its deleted!

Can you please inform me to how I can use the name?
    Or can you inform to how long it will take to refresh so we can use deleted characters names.

World name: Luna
    Date and time of the incident: 04/01/2017 - 18:49
    Not sure what might be different, but I delete and recreate characters with the same name in the same minute multiple times, so don't think there's a refresh (unless that's only for lvl 1 char.). Are you sure you're spelling the name the same way? (Like l vs I (cap i) or something like that?)
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    I can confirm this is a bug and also note that this is related to Luna only. I think its related to the migration and the issue some people couldnt be transfer because the names on their accounts are now taken. I guess this should be fixed after the migration process is closed (after 12th Jan) but prolly gonna last a bit longer than that.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    For Luna players affected by this, wait until after the final migration next week to attempt taking the character name again.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20150/last-chance-global-migration-update
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    MegaScience

For Luna players affected by this, wait until after the final migration next week to attempt taking the character name again.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20150/last-chance-global-migration-update
    So its gonna be fixed by then? or you just guessing?

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    It should be solved at that time.
    AlexisShion
  • LadyLunarLadyLunar
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    Looking forward to being able to use the name, thanks guys :)
    @YinYangx
    The character name i wanted was pretty old, made it a year ago. Maybe thats why when i deleted it, its not letting me use it. Any new character I make, I can reuse the name.