[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shining Santa Boxes issue - Christmas 2015

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,340
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
This is a remake of a thread from the old forums http://maplestory.nexon.net/community#/showthread.php?1500863-Can-t-get-certain-items-from-the-Shining-Santa-Box

The issue returned in 2016, but Nexon representatives continue to insist that everything is working as intended, the drop rate is low and we just randomly got unlucky.
2016 threads:
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6340/some-accounts-jobs-do-not-receive-lucky-winters
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6391/shining-santa-boxes-not-rewarding-certain-items
The issue also happened in 2014, (remade) thread for that occurrence:
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9927/shining-santa-boxes-issue-christmas-2014

Proof of the existence of the old thread (since Nexon is adamant on deleting the old forums, and the wayback machine won't archive them):
http://i.imgur.com/yaKZkOm.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-03-2015 09:34 PM #1
ShinyLyni

Can't get certain items from the Shining Santa Box

Bug type: Event, drops

Summary: Can't get some of the items from the Shining Santa Box

Details: I've already opened at least 2000 boxes on my Xenon, and not once have I seen a single Lucky Winter buff or a Santa Sled Mount. I've gotten it about 10 times each on my Kanna and Wild Hunter, and I've opened maybe 700 boxes at most on each of those characters. I've talked to a few of my friends and they seem to have this problem too; I'm not sure if I'm extremely unlucky or if it's a larger bug. I'm not even sure if it's job-exclusive or something, and I don't know the exact steps to reproduce it. If anyone can add on, it'll be helpful.

Steps to Reproduce: Not 100% sure about this, but basically keep opening boxes and notice if certain items appear or not.

Character name: Lyni
Character level: 209
Character job: Xenon
World name: Windia
Date and time of the incident: Dec. 3, 2015 (throughout the day)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-05-2015 09:54 PM #2
    EarlTea

I also cannot obtain lucky winter buff or santa sled mount. I have opened more than 2500 boxes but I have yet to get one. I do not know if I just have really bad luck, but I hear people can get the buff pretty easily from the boxes.

Character: Misakina
    Job: Bishop
    World: Windia

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 01:12 AM #3
    JaysonL

I can confirm that this glitch is happening to me too. I've opened about 3000 boxes.

Character: JaysonEvan
    Job: Evan
    World: Khaini
    Level: 211

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 04:37 AM #4
    Mascarade

BUMP!
    This is SO UNFAIR nexon why are you not fixing it or taking these two drops out for everyone ? I've spent HOURS grinding for boxes gotten well over 6k boxes and no Lucky winter / 2x drop or santa sleighs / mounts in any of those boxes.

This is always something I personally use to save up all year and use accordingly. And no THIS time I don't want to have to work 10x's harder than everyone else to get the same dang things! i.e. get several chars until I find one who can obtain these, just sick and tired of the glitches and things that are unfair about this game. And no I do NOT need a lecture on how wonderful nexon is and how ungrateful I am.. so don't bother .. please... I happen to think the Christmas events are great! And for once worth doing and enjoyable so its not that at all..

Character name: iseeyou07
    Character level: 211
    Character job: Bow Master
    World name: Bellocan
    Date and time of the incident: Dec. 3, 2015 -(the entire event)

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 04:49 AM #5
    PrinceWicked

Same for me, no lucky winters or sleigh mounts. I've opened atleast 3k boxes. Please fix.

Character name: Terasecond
    Character level: 209
    Job: xenon
    World: broa

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 12:56 PM #6
    aeswag

Joined thread title: Unhappy Not Receiving Lucky Winters From Shining Santa Box

Bug type: Item

Brief bug summary: Some players (including myself) do not receive Lucky Winter Buffs when opening Shining Santa Boxes. Personally, I have opened roughly 4,000 or so and not received one while I have received about 50 Enjoyable Winters, which I assume are at about the same rate as the Lucky Winters. I also do not receive the Santa Sleigh Mount - 7 Day Coupon but I don't care about that lol.

More details: Again, this isn't affecting anyone and I know many people who have this bug on their main and then collected boxes on an alternate character and got Lucky Winters from them.

Steps to reproduce: Open boxes on a character that has this bug.

Character name: Grimm
    Character level: 213
    Character job: Blade Master
    World name: Renegades (GRAZED)
    Date and time of the incident: December 6th, 2015 @ 3:55 PM EST (but it's been going on since the start of the event)

Please fix this soon because the event ends on Christmas and I was really hoping to make a stockpile.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 01:08 PM #7
    EddieFoxFox

I had the reverse happen where I didn't get Enjoyables and only got Lucky's but eventually i started getting them.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 03:56 PM #8
    SaladKing

I have the exact same problem. I don't get Lucky winters or the Santa sleigh mount. I thought I was the only one lol.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 07:06 PM #9
    aeswag

Quote Originally Posted by EddieFoxFox View Post
    I had the reverse happen where I didn't get Enjoyables and only got Lucky's but eventually i started getting them.
    How many boxes did it take? @.@ It wasn't until I reached like box 1,500 when I decided there must be a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SaladKing View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I don't get Lucky winters or the Santa sleigh mount. I thought I was the only one lol.
    Nah someone else on basilmarket is having the same problem and I knew there was something wrong when I saw them start pouring into the market haha.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 08:03 PM #10
    Rexaar

Did not obtain even one Lucky Winter or santa sleigh mount even once when opening more than 2000 boxes

Character name: Rexaar2
    Character level: 222
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Scania

Just wondering does it only happen to lv 200+ characters?

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 09:02 PM #11
    Loonacm

Do it on other mules! Some characters are like... stuck, where they only get one or the other.

Sometimes you can get it unstuck by exiting the game and coming back in.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-06-2015 09:49 PM #12
    Sasis

Quote Originally Posted by Loonacm View Post
    Do it on other mules! Some characters are like... stuck, where they only get one or the other.

Sometimes you can get it unstuck by exiting the game and coming back in.
    This. I got lots of Lucky Winters on my 15x char while i got ZERO on my 214 DrK.

Maybe it's somewhat related with the lvl so chars 200+ couldn't get these.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017

Loonacm

Nope, incorrect, it has nothing to do with your level. I get both on my level 224... presently, but yesterday I only got drop ones and no experience ones. On my level 186 Zero I got only experience ones yesterday and no drop ones (haven't checked it today). On most of my other mules I get a mix. Usually you can fix the problem by exiting the game and then going back in.

Mmmm, by the by, if you find one that gives experience ones and no drops, like my Zero, then you should try and get as many as you can, while you can. I got around 230 yesterday!

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 03:55 AM #15
    JKPN002

Character Name: NewAurora
    Level: 223
    Job: Bishop
    World: Bera

Unable to obtain any Lucky winter buffs despite opening over 3k worth of Shining Santa Boxes. I also participated last year and got none as well.
    Is this a sort of bug where if you have a specific item in your inventory you don't get the item?

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 07:52 PM #16
    iSilenT007

Joined thread title: Is the shining santa box bugged?

I opened 6k+, not one single Lucky winters and i get 1 enjoyable winter not even every 100 boxes. It seems highly impossible for me not to get a Lucky winter coupon having opened 6k boxes at least.

I think my account is either bugged or cursed LOL

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 07:53 PM #17
    BakuLen

Same problem here. Glad to know I wasn't only one.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 08:03 PM #18
    Apollon

I've gotten over 30. So I dunno.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 08:17 PM #19
    Loonacm

Do it on a different character/mule. Or try logging out and logging back in (or resetting your computer), that sometimes fixes it.

...not entirely sure why you would though. I try and find the mule that only gives experience ones and then harvest as many boxes as possible!

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 08:59 PM #20
    KittyIsAU

Oh thank god I'm not the only one that's been experiencing this. Even after opening 5000 or so boxes, I've yet to get a Santa Sled Mount coupon or the Lucky Winter Buff, but I've been able to get these items from the shining santa boxes on all 5 other characters I've farmed on.

IGN: ThunderIsAU
    Level: 211
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    World: Chaos

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-07-2015 09:22 PM #21
    iSilenT007

Character name: iSilenT
    Character level: 244
    Character job: Zero
    World name: Galicia
    Date and time of the incident: Since the event came out

I opened 8,000 boxes, NOT ONE SINGLE LUCKY WINTER!

THE CHANCES OF NOT GETTING ONE IS IMPOSSIBLE!

ALSO NO SLED MOUNT COUPON!!!

And enjoyable winters is probably somewhat bugged for me i get 1 every 100 boxes, sometimes none. this is absurd.

Last edited by iSilenT007; 12-07-2015 at 09:26 PM.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    12-08-2015 07:30 AM #22
    thrakkes

Lucky Winter is used to have lower chance to gain. Got two of them, so I used 1 Saturday for my Chaos Vellum run. Also got many mounts, up to 7-8. I farmed WAY fewer boxes, I probably got around 500 since Reboot patch. For my case it would be since Friday and didn't open them yesterday.

thrakkes, Hero Lv216 in Mardia: no issue as things seem normal.

But what is not normal is the ridiculous drop rate of christmas boxes, I am sure it should not be that high, so I don't bother farming them as much as you guys :P I might try get a few boxes for Shade before they get nerf if it happens. I dont need them very much on Hero.

Last edited by thrakkes; 12-08-2015 at 07:33 AM.