[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

reward point shop

LOLYOUGOTSCREWEDMANLOLYOUGOTSCREWEDMAN
Reactions: 610
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello maplers, first time here and i was wondering if you guys think nexon should add more stuff that buff you to the reward point shop such as bonus potential cubes, honor stats reset, and more stuff like that, feel free to type what you want to be added.
  1. what do you think about my suggestion31 votes
    1. yes, i love the way you think!
       97% (30 votes)
    2. no, this is a bad idea
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    I do think that more needs to be added to the rewards shop. At least a pet every month (even if the actual water of life is kept out of the rewards shop for the sake of "profit"), increase the limit on some items (cubes, shop permits, PsoK especially) etc... Generally I believe that almost everything outside of premium NX accessories should be accessible through the rewards shop, but I doubt NexonNA will do that
    Its2Sharp4U
  • TigrecitoTigrecito
    Reactions: 650
    edited September 2016
    Yay!, bonus potential cubes ^^.
    PhantomMasterThiefIts2Sharp4U
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2016
    MY SOLUTION:

Me: Remove Rewards Shop and Reward Points

Everyone: WHAT THE HELL?

Me: Replace Maple Reward Points with plain maplepoints (Each boss will award 50 maple points)

This would open up the whole cash shop!!!!

It would be cool to have these all the time:

-Buy more than 5 cubes per month (bonus cube problem solved)
    -More PSOKS available
    -Anvils
    -All Pets (Perm too)
    -Megaphones
    -FM Shops
    -Gachapon
    -Philosopher Books
    -Fashion (Beauty Coupons)
    -Surprise Boxes
    -2x Drop Coupons
    -All Cash Shop Promotions
    -Character Expansion
    PhantomMasterThief
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    We really do need bonus potential cubes in the rewards shop because the only way of changing bonus potential is with NX at the moment.
    It's also been about 1.5 years (around the Black Heaven patch) since we had pets in the rewards shop and they should be put back on rotation again.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    gamechanger

I do think that more needs to be added to the rewards shop. At least a pet every month (even if the actual water of life is kept out of the rewards shop for the sake of "profit"), increase the limit on some items (cubes, shop permits, PsoK especially) etc... Generally I believe that almost everything outside of premium NX accessories should be accessible through the rewards shop, but I doubt NexonNA will do that
    It'd be nice if they, y'know, rotated some of the crap in there like they used to back when it was first released. It rotated around like... four times? After that it just kinda stayed the same.
  • ChristmasChristmas
    Reactions: 1,130
    edited September 2016
    Daxterbeer

MY SOLUTION:

Me: Replace Maple Reward Points with plain maplepoints (Each boss will award 50 maple points)

-More PSOKS available
    -Anvils
    -All Pets (Perm too)
    -Megaphones
    -FM Shops
    -Gachapon
    -Philosopher Books
    -Surprise Boxes
    -2x Drop Coupons
    -Character Expansion
    nexon then makes no profit. this wouldnt happen
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion, Bonus Potential Cubes are one of the sole reasons this game is still pay to play. I know Nexon bristles when they hear that phrase, "pay to play," but if they don't like it, they should change the game so that it is slower but still possible if you don't pay. That way people who want to get strong without waiting can pay, while others who wish to build their character methodically and don't mind a slower pace can also get to a point where they can kill fun bosses as well. The only downside I could see to this however is people starting to think the game is too easy, and Nexon may lower the % of raising bonus potential tier if more people were to get access to those cubes. Just some thoughts, I agree with the original post, I just think it may have unforeseen effects like having to use more to get them to legendary.
  • LOLYOUGOTSCREWEDMANLOLYOUGOTSCREWEDMAN
    Reactions: 610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I just really hope they would change it cause those cubes are the only thing i want right now. Its a pain to see legendary weapon with rare bonus potential, i prefer removing the bonus potential from the weapon so my ocd wont kill me.
    JettLuvsU
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

MY SOLUTION:

-More PSOKS available
    -Anvils
    -All Pets (Perm too)
    -Megaphones
    -FM Shops
    -Gachapon
    -Philosopher Books
    -Surprise Boxes
    -2x Drop Coupons
    -Character Expansion
    I would love that, but it mean that we woulden't have to buy NX again, You know Maple Ponits are preety much NX , and nexon will lose money , not that i want them be Rich or something, in short Never will happen Nexon Cares too Much aboutt thier Money , Plain and simple, Please prove me i'm worng.

#KThxBaiNaoWillMakeGmsGreatAgain :D

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    I can't make any guarantees, but I will bring up a few of the items mentioned above, as well as pitch some of my own ideas. Hopefully, we can improve the Maple Rewards shop in a way that everyone can benefit from.
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Don't forget Reboot's woefully empty Rewards Shop. It needs a pet, or water of life, preferably both.
    PetalmagicIts2Sharp4U
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I can't make any guarantees, but I will bring up a few of the items mentioned above, as well as pitch some of my own ideas. Hopefully, we can improve the Maple Rewards shop in a way that everyone can benefit from.
    Even reboot? We just wish they had a pet or even Water of Life in the Rewards shop...
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited October 2016
    The Reward Points shop really needs Bonus Potential Cubes, IMO.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    I agree with the bonus pot cubes part. Could also use neb fusion tickets, quest boosters and maybe even cosmetics. As for Dax's suggestion about changing to MP, I agree sort of.

I actually like the current limitations of the rewards shop, this makes it so it's not abused so bad since to some extent it already is. *cough* star planet bots *cough*

The only reason I agree with Dax is because it will open up the majority of the cash shop w/o having to recode everything or whatever. The rewards shop really really needs improvement in terms of item list.

I suppose if they did Dax's suggestion and even went as far as removing limits on how many of an item you can buy but STILL keeping the limit of 30k or 45k (I forgot which one) it wouldn't be so bad.
  • 5toxic5toxic
    Reactions: 505
    edited October 2016
    Fluff yall saying replacing reward points with maple points aint gonna lose profit for nexon, 1st off the most you can realistically get is 1k points in one month thats only 30k points which is nothing thats couple cubes, maybe some psoks, or whatever but nexon will still have profit cause people dont wanna wait to cube their stuff or want to spend up to around 30min or more doing bosses every single day with the rest of their dailies and so on. And those saying there b star planet guess what it's being removed when fifth job comes or a little after, so dont come at me with this weak stuff of nexon losing profits, not to mention sayying 30-45min on bosses isn't bad, ya please people spend loads of time doing other stuff making it much longer and a lot of players got lives 2 attend to so ya, sorry for da ranting.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    5toxic
    5toxic said:

Fluff yall saying replacing reward points with maple points aint gonna lose profit for nexon, 1st off the most you can realistically get is 1k points in one month thats only 30k points which is nothing thats couple cubes, maybe some psoks, or whatever but nexon will still have profit cause people dont wanna wait to cube their stuff or want to spend up to around 30min or more doing bosses every single day with the rest of their dailies and so on. And those saying there b star planet guess what it's being removed when fifth job comes or a little after, so dont come at me with this weak stuff of nexon losing profits, not to mention sayying 30-45min on bosses isn't bad, ya please people spend loads of time doing other stuff making it much longer and a lot of players got lives 2 attend to so ya, sorry for da ranting.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2016
    A minor annoyance I find in the reward shop is that items get "SOLD OUT." I don't feel happy having a limit of 5 cubes. 17k for 5x blacks and 5x reds. I'm also thinking if we can even get 30k reward points now that Star Planet is gone.
    Lilyflower
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

A minor annoyance I find in the reward shop is that items get "SOLD OUT." I don't feel happy having a limit of 5 cubes. 17k for 5x blacks and 5x reds.
    From a business perspective, I understand the limitations. The game can't be completely free, they still need to pay for servers, staff etc etc. So it makes sense if they decided to play w/ a player's frustrations w/ the cube limit in order to motivate them to actually make a cash purchase.
    Daxterbeer

I'm also thinking if we can even get 30k reward points now that Star Planet is gone.
    Posted this in another thread but this might work here.

Currently I do the following bosses:
    ra 1
    ra 2
    ra 3
    ra 4
    ht
    zak
    easy mag
    ranmaru
    vl
    ani
    cht
    krexel
    mad ran
    pb/cpb
    hilla
    ephenia
    gollux
    black viking

This ends up to 810 RP. 850 if I get lucky w/ both sides of Pianus.

On MC, I have 3 24-hour boxes that is at an almost constant rate of 200 RP, and one 6 hour box w/ an almost constant rate of 70. So my total for MC per day (assuming I only do 1 6-hour box per day) is 670.

This leaves my total to roughly 1480. Multiply it by 30 it's 44,400. So yeah, it's possible.