[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World record time increasing faster?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Hey, idk if this is the right place to ask about this, but I've been doing one of the duration records and I was neck and neck with this other person. But somehow he's now 3 minutes ahead of me when I was 1 minute ahead of him before.

Is something going on or is he cheating somehow?

Comments

• ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited January 2017
    From my experience, delays in server makes you lose time. ie. 30 seconds can be 30.5 seconds. So, if you are in the same channel as him, you should be at the same time if no one d/cs or relogs.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited January 2017
    Modesty
    Modesty said:

From my experience, delays in server makes you lose time. ie. 30 seconds can be 30.5 seconds. So, if you are in the same channel as him, you should be at the same time if no one d/cs or relogs.
    So would that mean a more crowded channel or less crowded channel would cause less delay? (cause I AM trying to 1 up him/her)
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited January 2017
    It's extremely random to say the least. Sometimes low pop channels have high delay and channel 1 has low delay. It's also pretty hard to tell. It's easier to tell on 2x exp/drop events when farming mobs though.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited January 2017
    Nah its more or less if you change channel/move maps that makes time go slower. So if you went into the cash shop for 3 minutes that would definitely make you lose that time :vc
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited January 2017
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

Nah its more or less if you change channel/move maps that makes time go slower. So if you went into the cash shop for 3 minutes that would definitely make you lose that time :vc
    and what if you lag a LOT while training from killing so much and pet loot? Cause I'm starting to think that's what got me.