[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So what did nexon do to evans post revamp?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Evans seem to be more fun pre revamp as mir no longer attacks with frost breath and fire breath and mir doesn't even attack most of the time anymore.

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    What? Mir does attack a lot, with a lot of skills(i didn't really play evan so i don't know names), and now we see evan attacking, before was basically Mir, in my opinion they are much better now.
    JettLuvsU
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Evans now consist of a dual-character system; you can attack with Mir and separately control Evan (who uses elemental attacks). When certain skills are used in combination with each other, they become "fusion skills", resulting in special moves. For example:
    Mir can use Dragon Flash, which causes him to dart back and forth in a short area. Evan can use Wind Circle, which creates a gust of air that damages and pushes back enemies. When you use Dragon Flash immediately followed by Wind Circle, Mir will then perform Wind Flash, where he flaps his wings to generate gusts of wind at enemies. Evan can then return Mir to his side using the "Return!" skill.
    Typically this means that you have to continually set up fusion skills to maximize DPS, however you can mix and match which skills you use to accomplish your goals.

http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Evan/Skills
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited January 2017
    I agree, I used to really enjoy evan - so much that I mained one and got it to lvl 200. I quit maple for a few years and now evan is so different. There doesn't seem to be a way to glide on Mir anymore (unless I am missing a skill / forgot to set something?), and many of the attacks seem to have changed. I don't even know where to start. I have never really been one to quit a character when the skills are changed - but in this case they changed the play style a lot. I would honestly just be happy having the mobility of gliding on Mir back, that was so much fun and made evan unique.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Tanya
    Tanya said:

I agree, I used to really enjoy evan - so much that I mained one and got it to lvl 200. I quit maple for a few years and now evan is so different. There doesn't seem to be a way to glide on Mir anymore (unless I am missing a skill / forgot to set something?), and many of the attacks seem to have changed. I don't even know where to start. I have never really been one to quit a character when the skills are changed - but in this case they changed the play style a lot. I would honestly just be happy having the mobility of gliding on Mir back, that was so much fun and made evan unique.
    I know right? I really miss the re revamped evan where mir attacks instead of your characters. Did they get rid of evan's mount quest at lvl 50 or is it still there? I'm currently doing all the quests right now so I can unlock the mount quest as I skipped the evan quests and I'm currently lvl 51.

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    Evan's mount quest should still be there. I have it in-progress.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

Evans now consist of a dual-character system; you can attack with Mir and separately control Evan (who uses elemental attacks). When certain skills are used in combination with each other, they become "fusion skills", resulting in special moves. For example:
    Mir can use Dragon Flash, which causes him to dart back and forth in a short area. Evan can use Wind Circle, which creates a gust of air that damages and pushes back enemies. When you use Dragon Flash immediately followed by Wind Circle, Mir will then perform Wind Flash, where he flaps his wings to generate gusts of wind at enemies. Evan can then return Mir to his side using the "Return!" skill.
    Typically this means that you have to continually set up fusion skills to maximize DPS, however you can mix and match which skills you use to accomplish your goals.

http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Evan/Skills
    I think this was an unnecessary change to evans. Why not just keep evans the way they were? I liked having fire breath on my mir and watch it attack instead of my character.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

Evan's mount quest should still be there. I have it in-progress.
    Okay thanks! And do you have to upgrade the saddle every time mir grows at job advancements or is the saddle a one time quest? And how much does it cost?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2017
    @Dark20
    Evans weren't that viable, their boss skill was pretty short(i would say shorter than other mages), his mobing was lame for the revamps that came for all jobs, and also he only used fire, and now he use more elements, which i find much more cool since he's suposed to be this multi-elemental dragon master.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited January 2017
    I'd say the mount costs a fair amount; in the lower millions of mesos plus the time to gather materials. But, again, mine's just in progress and I haven't been trying to complete it.

Since Evan no longer has 10 job advancements I don't believe you need to upgrade the saddle each time. Additionally, the quest is at a weird level since many areas have had their level ranges changed.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Mained evan day 1...while I do miss the glide, I enjoy the new playstyle even more.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    I like the new Evan...but I just can't get a handle on all of the combos...(basically I cannot be a bossing Evan cuz I cant use 20 different skills >.<)
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Neospector

I'd say the mount costs a fair amount; in the lower millions of mesos plus the time to gather materials. But, again, mine's just in progress and I haven't been trying to complete it.

Since Evan no longer has 10 job advancements I don't believe you need to upgrade the saddle each time. Additionally, the quest is at a weird level since many areas have had their level ranges changed.
    Wait so what level is the evan mount quest now? At least I don't have to upgrade the saddle anymore.
  • Dark20Dark20
    edited January 2017
    Orblit
    Orblit said:

Mained evan day 1...while I do miss the glide, I enjoy the new playstyle even more.
    Wait no more gliding? What has nexon done? Why nexon? Why does every class feel the same now?