[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to sign into the forums properly

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2017 in Tech Support
I have an issue to sign into the forums properly.

When I go to forums.maplestory.nexon.net (the forums for this game community) I do the following steps:
- Clicking the SIGN IN button.
- Signing in using my account login details.
- Moving to the page "Please wait..."
- Clicking on the earth icon (to check for my notifications) and a small message at the bottom-left corner of the screen a meesage "Page not found" appears.
- Clicking my forum nickname to move to my profile page and I discover I'm not signed it.
- Clicking again the SIGN IN button.
- Moving directoy to the page "Please wait..."
- Clicking my forum nickname to move to my profile page and I discover I'm not signed it.
- Clicking again the SIGN IN button...
And like this for many times until I'm finally fully signed in and can use to forums: edit my profile, post to discussions, etc.

Thank you for your attention!!
  1. Do you have a sign-in issues to the game forums, too?11 votes
    1. Yes, Nexon please fix!
       82% (9 votes)
    2. No, I'm fine.
       18% (2 votes)
    3. I'm not familiar with the issue.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    Same problem. This problem occurs when you click any link away from the main forum page right after logging in.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I did notice I had a similar login issue when my password contained a special character. Why? I honestly don't know, it works for me now. Try changing your password to purely alpha-numeric (A-Z upper/lower case and 0-9) and seeing if that helps.

Otherwise, people have been having similar issues and it seems to resolve itself randomly. Check if other computers work, try other browsers, try clearing your cache, the works.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I did notice I had a similar login issue when my password contained a special character. Why? I honestly don't know, it works for me now. Try changing your password to purely alpha-numeric (A-Z upper/lower case and 0-9) and seeing if that helps.

Otherwise, people have been having similar issues and it seems to resolve itself randomly. Check if other computers work, try other browsers, try clearing your cache, the works.

My password doesn't contain any special characters.

I don't have other computers.

I already have two separate browsers (Chrome and IE and logging into the forums on Chrome never works so I already use IE specifically for Maplestory forums which is, wow, not working properly anymore now) and I really don't feel like getting a third just to entertain Maplestory's Vomit-Failure of the Month/Week.

I'll try clearing my cache.

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Hahahahahahaha, this is affecting me again. Chrome works on my phone through data with a cleared cache, but nowhere else. Meanwhile, Firefox works swimmingly.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited February 2017
    Same here..I tired many times in any various tries.

This time I can write on forum at last,

- Click the Sub forum. They asked me to Sign in Again. When I clicked, it's Already Sign In. but it's back to the Main Site Forum.
    - When I click the Sub forum, it's back asking me to Sign in again. It's really an eternal circle... I have to do the same .
    - So I clicked on my profile/name "Arwen" , and the click EDIT PROFILE on the right up corner ( you can't do it from Account option)
    - Then I go to Change Password. Put old password, then give new password. When it's said on the left corner that new password has been saved. Then now it works properly. This happened to me earlier, I did the same..but then happened again.
    I wonder if we should change PW everytime we want to log in to forum ???

NEXON, Please fix it. Actually I like the old forum with the emoticon. This forum so boring...
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The issue stops after waiting for some seconds without uses after being logged into the forum. Need not to change to any page or click anything.
    However, it's not the best solution and sometimes this may not work.
    This should be investigated internally by the development team.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The issue still happens on signing in attempts. I spent like 15 minutes or more until finally I was being able to use the forums. After it finally worked, there is no more reason to worry until you sign out and have to sign in again...
    Please put attention! Please do something as it's stupid it actually happens like this!

Please don't leave it to continue to be like this!!!
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    The issue keeps persisting for me as of today!
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Happened to me again last week.

@Arwen Changing passwords did nothing for me, it didn't even change the password. What a great feature.