[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Annnnnd were back to (UNABLE TO CLICK SERVER)

Comments

• NeetCoreNeetCore
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2017
    I've been playing around the same amount of time :P they honestly don't care for anything but money anymore
  • diegozapata24diegozapata24
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Same problem as yesterday.... x2
    Useless 5 hour maintenance... x2
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    Reactions: 865
    edited February 2017
    NeetCore wrote: »
    I've been playing around the same amount of time :P they honestly don't care for anything but money anymore

Well if you are in a major gaming compony that is constantly losing their player base, I believe they have all the right. (I play for fun i don't care about the money needs LOL)
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited February 2017
    Bug type:
    Login/logout issues

Brief bug summary:
    Unable to log in after logging off; says "Character ID already logged in". If logging in with a different account, unable to select a world or channel.

More details:
    This is the same bug that was occurring prior the unscheduled patch for NGS errors. Upon logging out, your character is not truly recognised to be logged out by the game - it will display online status in buddy/guild/party, but the character cannot be tracked and has disappeared from the map they logged out in. This will continue for an indefinite amount of time (before the unscheduled patch, I would hang in limbo for up to 40 minutes before being truly logged out. Currently, one of my characters is still stuck and I will update with how long it has been when it gets unstuck. EDIT: It was finally kicked from the game after 30 minutes).

However, even if you are able to log in with another account, there is also an issue where you frequently reach world selection or channel selection and are unable to click anything. Everything is displayed as usual and your mouse is able to hover over relevant choices. You can also use tab/arrow keys to toggle selection. It's just that no selection can actually be made, and you therefore cannot log in.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Attempt to log in.
    - If successful, log out again and find yourself unable to be log in; character is supposedly "logged in already".

or,

- Attempt to log in.
    - Be met with inability to select world/channel (I get unable to select world, some people are affected by channel selection)

Date and time of the incident:
    After the unscheduled game update on 2 February 2017.
    diegozapata24NeetCore
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    TheKilz wrote: »
    Tired of ranting, actually, even in my own head. Game updated, and my first login was fine, but I restarted the game after not being able to accept or finish some quests. Now I can't even select a world... >_<

Lol I was able to play for a good 20 minutes. I used one of the 2x they provided for yesterday's problem and after a while of fighting I wasn't able to do anything. Looks like I lost another 2x card like yesterday....

Same. My head hurts...

• HaijuroHaijuro
    Reactions: 310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The funny thing is, I was about to buy some NX this week for the first time in a while, but now seeing how unstable the game can become so suddenly I'm rethinking that decision. In fact I'll probably be taking a break for a bit, hopefully they'll get their [poop] together before I come back to it. I can't even tell if the comp items I claimed and exp I got today got lost, because I can't even log back in.
  • AnoryAnory
    Reactions: 425
    edited February 2017
    I don't want to sound ungreateful, Nexon, but... A boost potion (untradeable) that doesn't work for characters over 200? Good thing I knew about it only AFTER I accepted the reward with my 200+ character...

Anyway, I've logged in fine for 2 minutes. After that, I kept dcing, tried again 4 times, and finally crashed.
    So... I'm guessing the maintenance was not very effective...
    Or is it because I have Windows 10? Are there any known solutions for people with this operating system?
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Haijuro wrote: »
    The funny thing is, I was about to buy some NX this week for the first time in a while, but now seeing how unstable the game can become so suddenly I'm rethinking that decision. In fact I'll probably be taking a break for a bit, hopefully they'll get their [poop] together before I come back to it. I can't even tell if the comp items I claimed and exp I got today got lost, because I can't even log back in.

Give it time! I'm sure most data got saved.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    Anory wrote: »
    I don't want to sound ungreateful, Nexon, but... A boost potion (untradeable) that doesn't work for characters over 200? Good thing I knew about it only AFTER I accepted the reward with my 200+ character...

Anyway, I've logged in fine for 2 minutes. After that, I kept dcing, tried again 4 times, and finally crashed.
    Or is it because I have Windows 10? Are there any known solutions for people with this operating system?

They are still working to resolve the issue at hand.
  • AnoryAnory
    edited February 2017

Ok, I'll wait patiently for a response.
    TheKilzDreamWeaver
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017

Ok, I'll wait patiently for a response.

It might be a while so take some time to yourself and enjoy a nice movie with a cup of nice tea!
    AnoryDreamWeaver
  • AnoryAnory
    edited February 2017
    I do enjoy me a hot cuppa tea. <3 I won't try to log in until tomorrow, it's 40 mins to midnight. I reckon I won't be able to do anything tonight.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    I do enjoy me a hot cuppa tea. <3 I won't try to log in until tomorrow, it's 40 mins to midnight. I reckon I won't be able to do anything tonight.

Alright have a wonderful night!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

You could see the items in your giftbox notifier before claiming them, you know.
    It says right there that the potion can't be used over level 200 and is untradeable. How is it Nexon's fault that you didn't bother to read?

As for the dc'ing issue, it's not an operating system issue. I have Windows 10 and have been logged in for over an hour with no issues. The game servers themselves are still broken, though, and if you disconnect once (which you are very likely to do if you change channel) you are pretty much doomed, judging by what I read here and on reddit.
    TheKilz
  • WickedSpiritWickedSpirit
    Reactions: 530
    edited February 2017
    After updating maplestory to the new patch it worked well. I closed to game, reopened now and TADAM!!! Can't select any server!!
    Woww seriously nexon! Do you hire people with no coding knowledge or what??? You suck big time.
  • khelkhel
    Reactions: 445
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    if you're reading this but you're just lurking in the forums sign in and post. they won't notice until we get this to maybe 10 15 pages.
    TheKilz
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    After updating maplestory to the new patch it worked well. I closed to game, reopened now and TADAM!!! Can't select any server!!
    Woww seriously nexon! Do you hire people with no coding knowledge or what??? You suck big time.

Give it time and all wounds will be healed my son.
  • TheKilzTheKilz
    edited February 2017
    khel wrote: »
    if you're reading this but you're just lurking in the forums sign in and post. they won't notice until we get this to maybe 10 15 pages.

Seriously ahahah!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

You could see the items in your giftbox notifier before claiming them, you know.
    It says right there that the potion can't be used over level 200 and is untradeable. How is it Nexon's fault that you didn't bother to read?

As for the dc'ing issue, it's not an operating system issue. I have Windows 10 and have been logged in for over an hour with no issues. The game servers themselves are still broken, though, and if you disconnect once (which you are very likely to do if you change channel) you are pretty much doomed, judging by what I read here and on reddit.
    I concur, I was logged in fine after the update but I logged off to switch characters and then it just went to hell
  • AnoryAnory
    edited February 2017

My apologies if my rant annoyed you so.

I suspected that. My question about Windows 10 is not without reason though, considering many people complain about it being a bit of an enemy to MapleStory.
    Either way, I don't have much of an option aside from waiting. With a hot cuppa tea.