[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Even after last maintenance...

LightDevilsLightDevils
Reactions: 800
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Even after the last maintenance I am still unable to play, but the problem is different for me now. When I go to select the server, my computer makes a sound and I stay at a black screen and have to force restart my computer because task manager doesn't even work.

Comments

• mielastiamielastia
    Reactions: 310
    edited February 2017
    i had that too you have to make sure task manager always on top on options is enabled at least that works for me
    LightDevils
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    My game closes at the title screen where I enter my pass. Don't know if I'll even be able to partake in the awesome event starting tomorrow.
  • SeleianceSeleiance
    Reactions: 930
    edited February 2017
    It might not be the task manager isn't working. MapleStory in full screen mode tends to monopolize the screen when it isn't responding. This wouldn't be as huge a problem if not for the fact that it also makes it impossible to click anything, since you will just end up clicking back into MapleStory. When you bring up the task manager, press 'M' and then alt + E (the task manager's keyboard command for "end task"[Fun fact: The reason that the 'E' on the "End Task" button is underlined is to illustrate that there is this alt button shortcut for it]) Provided there aren't any other applications open that begin with 'M' that might be selected in its place, it should select and force quit MapleStory, which should also get your screen back to normal too.

With that being said, it certainly would be a lot better if this issue didn't exist in the first place. I don't know how many people know of this. I figured it out one day when I got tired of having to restart my computer every time MapleStory decided to freeze up.
    LightDevils
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    took me 5 hours to login once and got booted
  • MystrieMystrie
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    This is ridiculous! It takes me about 10+ tries to get on Maplestory. So frustrating. I get the black screen with the circling cursor and hear that sound. I have 2 laptops and even my Asus gaming laptop needs about 5-6 tries to get onto the game. That one DC's at just about any point of logging on. Sometimes I loop back to the password and PIC screen after character selection, sometimes after server selection. It is always a crapshoot. I cannot believe the problems.
  • BanzaiBanzai
    Reactions: 440
    edited February 2017
    Same Problem Here... If u try to open the game on full screen is a pain because it not let you use Task Manager to do an End process. My only Option was Sing Out From Windows to be able close the game.
  • LightDevilsLightDevils
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2017
    Ty for the info guys, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. The game has been running smoother (lag wise) I just sometimes can't get on with ease