[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let us forfeit the special beauty coupon event

FlareyuFlareyu
Reactions: 455
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm positive you can't pet ignore these and the only items I want are the black heart day cases. These coupons eat up inventory space big time.
JettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to MapleStory, where the events are so awesome that nobody could possibly want to opt out of them.
    And you're right, you can't pet ignore these coupons, because Nexon in its infinite wisdom only allows pets to ignore tradeable items.
    Lilyflower
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    Your pet can't loot random beauty coupons if your inventory is already full (of random beauty coupons)

p03wv8tb.jpg
    Dnaman101Goomu
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    The problem comes in to play when you are bossing, questing, etc. You can't pick up items that you need to, some of them being timed and all that business, and then the ones where that message pops up, telling you to clear inventory space (even for rewards that do not allocate to the USE tab) and is extra annoying if you're in a place where being constantly and relentlessly being assaulted by monsters (catch your breath so you can drop an item, because makes holy s--ttin' perfect sense, right) and it's an inconvenience to you + whoever else might be in the group, tapping their foot and waiting on you. Then you gotta go about explaining how your inventory was full and all that crapola, if you aren't already kicked out of the group because of the fact that almost all Maplestory players are about the most impatient salts concentrated in to one game and want everything done perfectly smoothly and want it yesterday, most especially in the daily questing environment!

This is the same lazy Nexon behavior with these regurgitated annoying annual event mechanics going unfixed, as usual...or maybe they just secretly like to read our complaints and leave in certain elements they know we will gripe about.
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    What I don't get is why these coupons won't stack in inventory.
    They all have the exact same expiration time, so that's not a reason.

@Booperpuppy, we can drop items without catching our breath now.
    BooberpuppyLilyflower
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited February 2017
    Nexon could just make the expiration time be when the event ends so they stack.

Edit: They are so easy to get there is no reason for them to have a 1d expiration time. The only reason to have a 1h expiration time is so they don't stack and fill up our Use inventory every minute
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Dnaman101 wrote: »

Edit: They are so easy to get there is no reason for them to have a 1d expiration time. The only reason to have a 1h expiration time is so they don't stack and fill up our Use inventory every minute

They do all expire at the end of the event, that's the ridiculous part.
    Lilyflower
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That's weird because I know in the once you pick them up you have 1 day to use them or they expire.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20571/special-beauty-coupon-event-2-8-2-28 even says 24 hours here
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

That's weird because I know in the once you pick them up you have 1 day to use them or they expire.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20571/special-beauty-coupon-event-2-8-2-28 even says 24 hours here

I know it says that.
    Have you tried actually picking one up and looking at it, though?
    Lilyflower
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited February 2017

I know it says that.
    Have you tried actually picking one up and looking at it, though?

I haven't been on yet but I am about to get on now to check it out
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    Your pet can't loot random beauty coupons if your inventory is already full (of random beauty coupons)

p03wv8tb.jpg

This is absolutely no option, cause full inventory and than pets still looting will lag you out and ultimately dc you. So the game will become unplayable in that way.

• BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    @Booperpuppy, we can drop items without catching our breath now.

@AKradian Sweet, thanks for telling me that, I legit didn't know about the change. Kudos to Nexon for that one. Now let's see them keep moving in that better direction and fix this 1 per slot nonsense spam already.

• DutchWarriorDutchWarrior
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2017
    The funny thing is, who in the world with a normal brain would think that 1 beauty coupon per slot is a good idea???
    Like for real, the unlimited patch was designed to increase the cap of pots and all.. But lets make an event that drop beauty coupons where you can store 1 per slot....
    Sometimes i think they hired timmie (from south park) to work at the office... lmao
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    I guess the new patch doesn't have the items stack either.