[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Awesome job nexon for making the game crash!

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
edited February 2017 in Rants and Raves
It amazes me how terrible nexon's updates really are cause every time I play the game for set amount of time it crashes! "Maplestory has suddenly stopped working". Give me a break nexon. You're never gonna fix anything.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    And yet, barring a single disconnect yesterday evening, I've had zero problems with getting, and staying, on and neither has most everyone in my guild+alliance.
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    I've had some issues with crashing/lag but not all of it can be blamed on Nexon or the game. The game is played on a PC. PCs can have issues. PCs do wear down over time and need proper and regular maintenance to stay strong and stable. I'm aware that some people do proper maintenance on their PCs but not everyone does.
    To cover yourself (and your PC), do regular maintenance on your PC. Be sure to defrag your computer regularly (once a week or more). It's always good to restart your computer regularly or to shut down your PC when you aren't gonna be using it for awhile. If you cover all your bases and make sure that your PC is running optimally, and you continue to have issues, then you can blame the game/Nexon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Cobain wrote: »
    I've had some issues with crashing/lag but not all of it can be blamed on Nexon or the game. The game is played on a PC. PCs can have issues. PCs do wear down over time and need proper and regular maintenance to stay strong and stable. I'm aware that some people do proper maintenance on their PCs but not everyone does.
    To cover yourself (and your PC), do regular maintenance on your PC. Be sure to defrag your computer regularly (once a week or more). It's always good to restart your computer regularly or to shut down your PC when you aren't gonna be using it for awhile. If you cover all your bases and make sure that your PC is running optimally, and you continue to have issues, then you can blame the game/Nexon.

Yeah, all Maplers' PC's randomly decided to wear down in the same way when the V patch hit.
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Cobain wrote: »

Yeah, all Maplers' PC's randomly decided to wear down in the same way when the V patch hit.

Oh I'm definitely not saying that. What I am saying, is not all the lag and crash issues can be blamed on Nexon/Maple. That's not saying that Nexon/Maple are free of blame. Like I said in my original post, I've had issues as well. But I take regular care of my PC and I've experienced far less issues then most the people complaining on the forums has.
    JettLuvsU
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    i'm mainly lagging, the only times I'm crashing is at the login page.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Ten attempts, still cannot pass the server select page, due to a billion run time errors or just random crashes..
    THIS IS A NEW PC, so don't gimmie the crap that pc's wear down in time, blah blah...

I've had to uninstall and reinstall this game on this pc SO MANY TIMES since December... It's a freakin' nuisance !
    My pc specs are more than good enough to run a game such as maple... So who has the problem now? Hmm?