[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

so how about that garbage chocolate event?

choozchooz
Reactions: 1,815
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
You know, the one with the buff tied to a mechanic that constantly stops you and debuffs you when you're picking up combo orbs and just trying to train?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    You mean the one that stops adversely affecting you once you max it out at 250? The same chocolate event that you have to opt in to in order to have anything affect you in the first place?

I'm rather enjoying it myself, the buff is very nice, helps me out a lot with grinding in Vanishing Journey. Plus the chocolate mobs are really neat, as is the whole chocolate world. Plus the chairs and face accessory things are pretty cool too.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    it doesn't actually stop, and it would be cool if you didn't lie to defend bad design?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    I managed to combo-orb my way up to 671 choco power yesterday, so I don't see how I'm lying.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    You can't even see it beyond 250, so thanks for lying even more.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Oh, I see what you're doing. You're trying to equate combo to choco power. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    You can't even see it beyond 250, so thanks for lying even more.

Except he posted this to Discord yesterday:
    NkX7WeL.png
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    So? Mine wouldn't go past that at all. Are you trying to say it's even worse than I was saying? Not helping your case. It especially doesn't help your case because IT STILL HAPPENS WHETHER YOU HAD IT PERSONALLY HAPPEN TO YOU OR NOT.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Once you max out your choco power at 250, combo orbs do not cause you to spew chocolate everywhere anymore.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    pro tip: telling people something won't happen to them does not matter if it already happened to them. Give up.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    So what you mean to say is you're just complaining for the sake of being negative, and this thread has no purpose other than to be an outlet for your complaints?
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Now you're avoiding the fact I told you that you're wrong and I had the personal experience to back it up. Get out of my thread if all you're going to do is lie.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    pGeCwHv.png

Take careful note of the "You have gained experience (+2786212)" line in my chat window. That was from a combo orb.

You wanna keep this rolling, bud?
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I can't believe you're still dodging it! No wonder Nexon polices the opinions towards them on this forum, it wouldn't last 5 seconds.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    What am I dodging? The fact that you just want to pitch a fit unopposed? The fact that, when confronted with how the event works past a certain point, you refuse to acknowledge it and proclaim that Nexon "polices opinions"?
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Since post one you've been doing nothing but denying the fact that combo orbs will always, always be able to interrupt your gameplay, 250 or not. You saying it doesn't does not make it fact. You want nothing more but to pretend you're a good citizen and that nothing is ever wrong with the game, it seems. You'd be wrong. You're here to discredit me with your carnival of stupidity. The lot of you can go choke on it. There's no value in these forums.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    Since post one you've been doing nothing but denying the fact that combo orbs will always, always be able to interrupt your gameplay, 250 or not. You saying it doesn't does not make it fact. You want nothing more but to pretend you're a good citizen and that nothing is ever wrong with the game, it seems. You'd be wrong. You're here to discredit me with your carnival of stupidity. The lot of you can go choke on it. There's no value in these forums.

IzwZnw0.png

As soon as you hit 250 choco power, you do not get sent into a choco frenzy by combo orbs. I don't know how much clearer I can make this for you, aside from recording a half-hour-long video of myself grinding and collecting combo orbs.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    I can confirm that aggraphine is correct about this @chooz
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I don't know how many more ways I can say "what you said doesn't matter because it happened to me" but i'm going to find them all, because maybe one of them will convince you that you are wrong and you can't fight things that happen in reaelity.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2017
    Have you actually gotten to 250 choco power yet? Because if you had, you'd see that you, in fact, are wrong.
    Synxin
  • SynxinSynxin
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Git Gud and get to 250 choco power so you can prove yourself wrong already.