[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hard Magnus Anti-Hack Glitch

baddenboy12baddenboy12
Reactions: 430
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I think I speak for many of us here that do Hard Magnus when I say its time to remove the irritating anti-hack auto failure glitch. This glitch seems to happen at complete random during runs, though it becomes incredibly frustrating when it happens just as you are about to finish him off. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing if we didn't have to artificially extend the fight to account for the ridiculous 15min restriction so that we can get the drops. So on top of praying we don't have the anti-hack feature activate during our run, we also have to endure that fear for atleast 15mins so that the run (upon completion) is not a waste of time. I am pretty sure this does nothing but hinder the regular player's ability to fight the boss the intended way. Hackers can easily circumvent this feature with their 3rd party programs.
I feel it is time to lift the 15 minute restriction since players these days can kill Magnus within a few minutes with a bit of coordination (not the same as years ago when 15 minutes might have been a reasonable time to beat him).
I also feel the anti-hack feature implemented into Hard Magnus is nothing but a detriment to the game and should be removed.
DedicatedBMKerqxonWildFreek
  1. Do you believe its time to remove the Hard Magnus 15 minute drop timer and anti-hack glitch?55 votes
    1. Yes
       98% (54 votes)
    2. No
       2% (1 vote)

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited September 2016
    I support this. There are A LOT of people who can beat Hard Magnus in less than 15 minutes either by themselves or with a party. This anti-hack measure was implemented a long time ago and I think it's time to remove it and to also remove needing 3 people in order to get drops.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2016
    They should also remove the anti-hack glitch from lotus, which you can run only once per day......
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited September 2016
    July
    July said:

They should also remove the anti-hack glitch from lotus, which you can run only once per day......
    I don't think that's an anti-hack glitch. Damien has that as well and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. They are both the most elite bosses so it makes sense for it to be limited to only be able to enter 1 time per day and 1 clear per week.

• AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited September 2016
    I believe that the current anti-hacks should be removed, but anti-hacks in general shouldn't be. In this case, there needs to be a better anti-hack measure than just time and party size. However, I do believe 2 people should be required to get items from HMag. This will at least make more people work together to get rewards.
    JettLuvsU
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2016
    forumsareannoying

July
    July said:

I don't think that's an anti-hack glitch. Damien has that as well and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. They are both the most elite bosses so it makes sense for it to be limited to only be able to enter 1 time per day and 1 clear per week.

No, there is no sense making it 1 enter per day. its ok to keep the 1 clear per week. no reason to stop ppl from trying again at same day after fail/glitch.

They gonna follow KMS and remove the 1 enter per day in upcoming patches.

And if you have 4 more revives and yet when you click ok to revive but it kicks you and your team out, its anti-hack glitch. or falling staff all over the map none-stop like the stones in hmag. talking about lotus not damien.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    They changed in KMS 30min of cool down per entry for Suu(Lotus) and Damien, it should be basically in the next patch, when the others balancing comes(before 5job).
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Before others start to comment, I just want to point this out:

Thinking that this would stop hackers at all, you must be not well informed or ignorant to the facts. The only reason why players ever got caught cheating is when Hard Magnus was literally unbeatable with the old damage cap (1mill-1) during release in GMS.

Supported.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Hey there, we're looking into the restrictions and glitches you guys have mentioned.
    Its2Sharp4UMegaScienceJettLuvsUKeksbaddenboy12PonPonJulySwordStakerSkyTheDestroyerSqampand 1 other.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey there, we're looking into the restrictions and glitches you guys have mentioned.
    would adding more time for parties to complete it possibly be on the table?
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited September 2016
    Yes, YEs, YES! OMG I Hope the suffer will be no more soon enough
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Why is Nexon just now "looking into" these issues though? We have been complaining about them and documenting them for years
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    I mostly think Nexon wants us to send a video of these glitches and restrictions. But I am wondering why Nexon can't reproduce restrictions. I will repeat again.

Restrictions:
    - Being in a party of 3 people minimum.
    - Get timer under 15 minutes.

So, if you kill Hard Magnus alone, in less than 15 minutes, Magnus won't drop Magnus Coin and Tyrant cape
    If you kill Hard Magnus alone but timer is under 15min, it still won't drop these items.
    If you kill Hard Magnus in a party of 3 ppl minimum but in less than 15 min, it still won't drop.

But if you kill Hard Magnus in a party of 3 people minimum (everyone must be still online, no d/c) and with timer under 15 minutes, it will drop Magnus Coin and Tyrant capes. Of course, everyone must have hit Hard Magnus at least once!! If you are not sure, if your name is on Agressive board, then you have done dmg at least once.

These are steps to reproduce Nexon. @KThxBaiNow If you have a character in Mardia and its world alliance, I can carry to show you XD I can't make a video.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

I mostly think Nexon wants us to send a video of these glitches and restrictions. But I am wondering why Nexon can't reproduce restrictions. I will repeat again.

Restrictions:

So, if you kill Hard Magnus alone, in less than 15 minutes, Magnus won't drop Magnus Coin and Tyrant cape
    If you kill Hard Magnus alone but timer is under 15min, it still won't drop these items.
    If you kill Hard Magnus in a party of 3 ppl minimum but in less than 15 min, it still won't drop.

But if you kill Hard Magnus in a party of 3 people minimum (everyone must be still online, no d/c) and with timer under 15 minutes, it will drop Magnus Coin and Tyrant capes. Of course, everyone must have hit Hard Magnus at least once!! If you are not sure, if your name is on Agressive board, then you have done dmg at least once.

These are steps to reproduce Nexon. @KThxBaiNow If you have a character in Mardia and its world alliance, I can carry to show you XD I can't make a video.
    I honestly believe the problems come from the fact that the testing is done by the korean devs, who are more than likely testing this on KMS servers (though god knows why). And on KMS servers Magnus is working correctly. Thats the only reason you wouldn't be able to confirm at least some of the problems with magnus (drop restrictions, attack ranges are far bigger than the animations are etc...) and other similar problems that we have been facing for years that "can't" be reliably reproduced.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    PonPon
    PonPon said:

Yes, YEs, YES! OMG I Hope the suffer will be no more soon enough
    Even if they do "fix" this, in 5th job it's 5 lives per person. Welcome back to suffering.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    You know, it's been a WHILE that they don't have the 3 party members and 15 min stuff, i remember seeying playes killling mag in less than 1min with partys or solo when the slight increase in cap came before 5job, so they can remove that as far as i know....

@TheHoA it's 15 per person still lower than before but ''soloable'', at least this incentivate party play.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

Restrictions:

I cannot show meteor glitch right now, but I can show screenshot of my solo run I just did. Completed on Sunday October 9th, 2016 so today, at around 5pm PST Magnus died. Hope the picture will show correctly.

http://imgur.com/5xnVVzj

*If you don't notice, I am in party of 1 (myself) and timer is under 15 minutes.
  • Randomcity2Randomcity2
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    @KThxBaiNow . .. this is a super horrible run on Hard Magnus but I did kill him solo time left on clock definitely less than 15 minutes and no coins or capes. No capes can be chalked up to horrible luck with drop rate if you want to say it should be dropping with my kill conditions but no magnus coins is proof of no rewards for killing solo in GMS.