[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Will we ever get a bard class!

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
So i saw how much of a variety of class maplestory has but i noticed it lacks one kind of class to be finished......A BARD.
Like a class that shoots with music and kills enemies.
Like with a E-Guitar or a trumpet or a violine.
That would be pretty interresting.
But the most burning question is will we ever get one.
  1. Would you want a bard class21 votes
    1. Yes totally
       52% (11 votes)
    2. NO
       48% (10 votes)

Comments

• yeendevyeendev
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited February 2017
    I'd really love a Bard class. I think that's one of the few areas they haven't addressed yet in making classes.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2017
    According to the trope, Bards are a party class. They best benefit when with others, much like Bishop and BT. MapleStory is also a game that has recently (well, relatively) become more a solo ORPG than a MMORPG.

If you want to be faithful to the Bard's original characteristics, then this class may suffer. Short of giving Bard the ability to summon team mates (foreveralone.jpg), I find it hard for the Bard to be self-sufficient while keeping to the original mechanic design.

That said, I would LOVE to see a minion-master class, so Bard could be this. That, or make a Necromancer. (tech. what Battle Mage is, but EHHH.)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Not to sure i see the Benefits :o
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited February 2017
    What about a maid class?
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Deathmobs wrote: »
    Isn't Chase basically a bard class?
    I ment like using music as a weapon.

• MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    memory of playing Ultima on my pc...
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    A bard could be possible as a class with several monster debuffs and many self buffs, more than what BT or Bishop could ever provide.

Bard could be that Ocarina using class that uses quick-time directional key presses that plays song-spells that are stronger the more successfully the keys are pressed without failure. The less successful the keys are press, the weaker and shorter potency the skill has.

Basic songs can use up to 3 skill presses while more complicated songs can use up to 8 but can be really useful and/or strong in a boss fight or debuffing a whole map of monsters. Think of it like playing an Aran class except the skills only come into effect/do damage after you finish the combos.