[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to login to the forums

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited January 2017 in General Chat
Unfortunately, I have no idea where threads like these go so if someone can help me with that, and this weird issue that will be great.

For the past day I have been unable to login to my Nexon Forums account through Google Chrome. When I login and go to the next page it'll appear as if I have logged out. However when I go to the main site page (not forums) it shows my account logged in. I tested this with another account but I had no issues like my main account.

I've disabled extensions, cleared history/cookies/etc, made a new profile, and re-installed Google Chrome. With no successful login.

I tried logging into my main forum account through Mozilla Firefox with success of having no such bug occur.

I know that at least one other person on the BasilMarket Forum had a similar issue:
http://www.basilmarket.com/Cant-log-in-nexon-forums-Thread-b5LgL

If anyone has any insight or if an official can foward this (even with the lack of information how this issue is happening) that would be appreciated.

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    This exact thing happened all throughout the latter half of December for me. And it wasn't restricted to one device, either. All my laptops, desktops, tablets, phones, etc. couldn't stay logged in on Chrome. But on Firefox, it worked fine. Then, the day I complained about it, it randomly started working again lol.

The last thing I remember doing before it miraculously started working again was disabling wifi on my phone, opening an incognito tab (for cleared cache), and logging in. It worked, and I stayed logged in... Then, I started being able to log in from chrome on my other devices. Not sure if it was just a coincidence or if doing that somehow unblocked my account or something lol.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2017
    My issue is actually logging into the website...since the forums remember me on my computer...
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2017
    After hundreds of attempts I've manged to somehow miraculously log-in to the forums without it appearing logged out going to another page through Google Chrome.

As far as I know, I have no idea how, or why I'm having this issue.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited February 2017
    Cleared my cache so I had to deal with this issue again. I have no idea why such an issue like this occurs in the first place.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    i ran into that too, it just started working again after a while, no clue what's causing such a strange error.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited February 2017
    It didn't work on Chrome normal mode for me. Then I use incoginto mode for Chrome and logged in just fine.

Then I go to Settings -> Show advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All Cookies and Data -> search for maplestory.nexon.net -> clear datas for both main site and the forum -> reload theh forum -> log in -> Magic!

Well that is all that happened to me. I don't know if it works for other people. But worth a try :D
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited March 2017
    I honestly wonder when this will ever get fixed or recognized. But it's probably hard to due to the frequency of reports:

Google Chrome

Going through this over and over is an absolute pain.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I honestly wonder when this will ever get fixed or recognized. But it's probably hard to due to the frequency of reports:

Google Chrome

Going through this over and over is an absolute pain.

I just gave up very early on, and use Firefox for these forums.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    It was happening to me as well for a solid week. I cleared everything I could clear, but it didn't do anything for me. No alternative browsers worked either. Then it magically fixed itself.