[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Voice Acting... Please. Stop.

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi everyone! Mostly new to the forum but I need to bring this subject up: the voice acting of some of the classes like Luminous, Demon Avenger/Slayer, and the others which I've heard about but haven't played. I like the Maplestory background music and skill sounds but I'm really tired of hearing the voice acting... (This is the end. This is the end. THIS IS THE END! YAAAAH!) I was just thinking if there's a chance that this could be chosen by the player, such as the volume, the frequency or just choosing to mute it. Perhaps maybe a check box or something under the Mute check box... And, in advance, yes I know I can just mute sfx but that would mute other sounds too, when I really just want to stop hearing the voice acting. Thanks for anyone who reads this and/or replies!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Mute "Skills".
  • BXLBXL
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Mute "Skills".

But then I wouldn't be able to hear the skills? What sounds make up the "skills" categories exactly?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    No no no, there are three volume sliders, with accompanying mute toggles. There's Music, which controls the BGMs, obviously, then there's SFX, which controls the sound effects and is what you're thinking of; lastly, there is Skills, which is nothing but the voice-overs for various class's skill usages.
    Ivangold
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I've also been wondering for a while, does the "Skills" option also affect boss voice acting (i.e. Empress)? Or is that under SFX? How about regular quest voice acting, like with Lucid? (can't think of any other voice-acted quests atm).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    I've also been wondering for a while, does the "Skills" option also affect boss voice acting (i.e. Empress)? Or is that under SFX? How about regular quest voice acting, like with Lucid? (can't think of any other voice-acted quests atm).

Skills only affects the volume of skill voiceovers(Demons, Xenon, Heroes, Hayato, Kanna, Kaiser, Angelic Buster). Everything else is through SFX.
    Fennekin
  • BXLBXL
    edited March 2017
    Ahhh... ok. I see. Thank you! And thank you to everyone who looked at/replied to this thread. :D