[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot get shafted by Sengoku High :(

Drakeos99Drakeos99
Reactions: 1,625
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Since we limited once a day and then we have 5 for maple reward (for entire event and doesn't reset) which kinda seems unfair for those want to get badge/title and pocket item mean while on non-reboot can get them for 22k NX .Is it possible we could pay meso's for actual entry ticket so we can be par with non-reboot servers ? i wouldn't mind paying 100m for 10 entry for sengoku ... least ill able to get decent upgrade for my main
Dark20

Comments

• ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited February 2017
    Honestly, even in non reboot, giving such an advantage to those who pay compared to free players is horrible. I haven't counted yet, but I'm not sure I'll even be able to get the badge without NX, and if I get it, it will still be the only thing I'll manage. Getting stuff in the cash shop already gives a big advantage, with cubes and all; making even an event completely geared towards paying players, I don't like it at all.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    You wouldn't mind paying 100m for 10 entries? How generous of you.
    A more realistic price would be 100m for 1 key, considering the NX:Meso rate in other servers.

But, no. The event is a pay2win event, and Rebooters don't want to pay2win, so... they have to pay with time. You can get one item each time the event returns (which, I think, is twice a year on average).
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The event typically returns every so often. You might not be able to get the badge on every character, but it should be possible to get the badge on one (people have calculated it), and the event should be back in the future (save your coins).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    ShakaAlek wrote: »
    Honestly, even in non reboot, giving such an advantage to those who pay compared to free players is horrible. I haven't counted yet, but I'm not sure I'll even be able to get the badge without NX, and if I get it, it will still be the only thing I'll manage. Getting stuff in the cash shop already gives a big advantage, with cubes and all; making even an event completely geared towards paying players, I don't like it at all.

It's easier to do it if you can dump $$ into the game, but I'd call this more a case of "pay to win faster" than pure "pay to win".
    It's a recurring event, and you do get enough time to get one good item without paying, every time it returns.
    Also, there are other recurring events that give similar or better totems and pocket items (Red Leaf High, Hunter's Club, egg hatching) and the free (but time consuming) title from the Pink Bean event, which may return.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited February 2017
    So u give non reboot players an advantage by spending real money. So since reboot is a non pay to win, why not let us spend mesos on passes instead of nx?.. makes no sense. Your making reboot players have to go through 2-4 sengoku events in the spam of 1-2 years probably, while non reboot can get it in 1 event? Think about it.. @nexon
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited February 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    So u give non reboot players an advantage by spending real money. So since reboot is a non pay to win, why not let us spend mesos on passes instead of nx?.. makes no sense. Your making reboot players have to go through 2-4 sengoku events in the spam of 1-2 years probably, while non reboot can get it in 1 event? Think about it.. @nexon

Isn't this the idea behind Reboot? Slower progression?

Since when? lol i seem to get more range faster in reboot than regular worlds.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The reasoning being put forth here can also be used to say "reboot shouldn't have cubes"
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    The reasoning being put forth here can also be used to say "reboot shouldn't have cubes"

If Reboot didn't have cubes, Nexon would have to rescale all mobs and bosses accordingly.
    But if Reboot doesn't have the ability to get all Sengoku High goods in one year, it does not make it unplayable, nor any boss unbeatable (that would be beatable with said items).
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Most players get "shafted" as the NPC is in lag hall still.
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited February 2017
    Drakeos99 wrote: »
    Since we limited once a day and then we have 5 for maple reward (for entire event and doesn't reset) which kinda seems unfair for those want to get badge/title and pocket item mean while on non-reboot can get them for 22k NX .Is it possible we could pay meso's for actual entry ticket so we can be par with non-reboot servers ? i wouldn't mind paying 100m for 10 entry for sengoku ... least ill able to get decent upgrade for my main

I agree with you. These passes are nothing more than cash grabs. Don't fall for nexon's traps.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    ShakaAlek wrote: »

It's easier to do it if you can dump $$ into the game, but I'd call this more a case of "pay to win faster" than pure "pay to win".
    It's a recurring event, and you do get enough time to get one good item without paying, every time it returns.
    Also, there are other recurring events that give similar or better totems and pocket items (Red Leaf High, Hunter's Club, egg hatching) and the free (but time consuming) title from the Pink Bean event, which may return.

I didn't know the event returned, it's the first time I see it, this makes it somewhat better, though not to my liking. It is still geared towards paying players, and I'd prefer if at least events were equally accessible to everyone. If it was only a question of needing more time to grind coins I wouldn't mind.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    chooz wrote: »

If Reboot didn't have cubes, Nexon would have to rescale all mobs and bosses accordingly.
    But if Reboot doesn't have the ability to get all Sengoku High goods in one year, it does not make it unplayable, nor any boss unbeatable (that would be beatable with said items).
    They'd have to rescale the new ones, but the old ones that die in a fraction of a second and never get a chance to attack even once would finally have their time to shine.