[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Switching between accounts and regions easily

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Updated as of 24.02.2017

First of all, I was aware about the ending of support for direct launch as it was described in the news 10 days ago from today:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/20725/maplestory-direct-launch-ending-march-23

As I see, it feels it's even more complicated and longer time to switch between accounts or between regions using the Nexon Launcher.
It's simple to do so using the Desktop Launcher (Direct Game Launch) by being able to return to the Region Selection Screen and using the In Game Login Screen.

As a player who uses both direct launch and nexon launcher, I believe it will hurt my ability to swtich between accounts and/or regions quickly and easily.
I would like to ask to consider adding the Back to Login Screen/First Page/Login Page button in order for players like me to be able to switch accounts quickly and easily after launching the game client from the Nexon Launcher.
This is good for players who own an old PC with slow performances (ex: 2GB RAM) who switch between accounts/regions for many times and it takes time for the game client to be loaded for them.

After launching the game / disconnecting from a character for changing one, the first screen to appear to players will continue to be the World Selection page, but simply the Back button (next to the Quit Game button) will be included.

For me and other players have multiple accounts for the game - please allows these options and we will not have the close the game client and relaunch it just for doing these switches of accounts and/or regions.

World Selection Page with back button
0PzHnVv.jpg

Login Page (available today only using the Dircet Launch, but not Nexon Launcher)
SPEweQG.jpg

Thank you for your attention.
  1. Do you want or need to switch between accounts and/or regions inside the game client?22 votes
    1. Yes, it's essential for smooth playing and it saves a lot of time!
       91% (20 votes)
    2. No, it's needless.
       5% (1 vote)
    3. I don't care about it.
       5% (1 vote)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I have a Bishop and Hayatoginner on a separate account because there's not enough character slots...

41 classes and only a maximum of 40 character slots per world. Great thinking, nexon.

41 classes and only a maximum of 40? That seems very grasping-at-straws of a thing to complain about. Not to mention that you would need two accounts for your Bishop and Hayato anyway, as you can't run two characters on the same account simultaneously.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    If Nexon doesn't want us to have multiple accounts, they should just say so, instead of making it harder to switch and incidentally forcing everyone to use a clunkier and more bug-prone method of launching the game.
    And if Nexon thinks that removing the direct launch will somehow stop hackers from switching accounts or even multi-clienting, they're wrong.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    If Nexon doesn't want us to have multiple accounts, they should just say so, instead of making it harder to switch and incidentally forcing everyone to use a clunkier and more bug-prone method of launching the game.
    And if Nexon thinks that removing the direct launch will somehow stop hackers from switching accounts or even multi-clienting, they're wrong.

It's not really "not allowing", it's just "not benefiting"; they don't have to explicitly deny them service, but they don't have to cater to them either.

That having been said, I really don't have an opinion on the subject myself.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Please put attention to the fact that it is really important for many players who own multiple accounts and use to switch between them quite often.
    This is why I preferred the Desktop Launcher for many times.
  • WillowRosenbergWillowRosenberg
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2017
    I came here to complain about this very thing. I just switched to the launcher and I can see what a nightmare it is. Shortsighted thinking by Nexon, yet again.

Do they even play this game over at Nexon?!

Anyway, I'm going back to the desktop launcher for as long as I can. It's amazing how Nexon wants our money but jumps through hoops to make us hate this game more and more.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I really hope the game team will take seriously this request to enable switching regions/accounts without restarting the game client for each time. For many cases, it feels that nothing is assured to be adopted and handled into the game. This may take several weeks/months for things to appear, if so...
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Please consider this subject seriously, espcially now that the Direct Launch was retired.

This is really not comfortable to switch accounts/regions right now when we are forced to launch the game using the Nexon Launcher.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It's impossible to know if Nexon took this in consideration.
    I believe players should reply and tell their opinion regarding this even more for this to be seen as high prioritiy to handle.
    It's user experience for those who use to switch regions/accounts!
    :#
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Region selection in-client was passed on by yaboyoliver on March 31st:
    As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.

He also forwarded on the issue of account swapping in-client in this thread:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11147/i-guess-im-done-with-maple-now#latest
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    This is also a feature we should have it's a hassle to switch between accounts.