[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

And another day bites the dust

AntroxiousAntroxious
Reactions: 870
edited March 2017 in Rants and Raves
I understand that there's a need for a weekly server update, as many games have this. What I don't understand, is that they always manage to take at least 4 hours (in this case 7), yet the only thing that really gets changed is one or two bugs out of the mentioned few, some NPC removal and some other stuff...Yet as we all know: Even though it's a scheduled maint, there is always an 'unscheduled' maint after it that lasts another 2-3 hours. Needless to say that a lot of bugs that were 'fixed', weren't actually fixed.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Normal weekly maintenances are only 3 hours and only include stuff like database backups and Windows updates (you know how your computer at home keeps telling you it needs to restart because Windows Update?), and a few bug fixes each time that are either very urgent or very easy to install.

This big maintenance is a "game update" (patch), and those are usually at least a month apart. The main thing that makes them take 7 hours instead of 3 is testing all the new content to make sure it works in the live servers as it did in the test server.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20967/

And you're right that even with all that, things often break after a patch. But that's Nexon. Can't be helped. At least there is no event going on right now that requires daily participation. Worst we miss out on is regular daily bossing/grinding.
  • AntroxiousAntroxious
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I remember the dreadfull times during the V-event daily hunts. It got extended like...3 times? But yeah. I know it takes longer due testing, but that's why it saddens me to always see the unscheduled notice after about 1-2 hours server running time.