[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited February 2017 in Tech Support
I downloaded it but it's not prompting me about importing my nexon file from the storage device or computer into the nexon launcher library.

Comments

• XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited February 2017
    You will have to download the complete game again. There should be an MapleStory icon on the top left, which will direct you to where it offers to download the game. At least, that was what I had to do. I have been using the gamelauncher and had the game already installed. Nonetheless I needed to re-download it.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Did you, by any chance, have Maple stored on a secondary hard drive or a flash drive?

It should be possible to just move the game files into the folder located at C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata, I think that's all the import is doing. You don't need to download the whole game again.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited February 2017
    Thanks, just understood now that I do have to have the game files in the hard drive of the computer for the nexon launcher to read them. Cant play from a storage device anymore.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Nexon always reminds me of a a joke that has been around since the '80's. Specifically the line "'Mandatory defaults' has a nice ring to it." (Google it).
    Who, in this day and age, writes programs that only work if they're installed on the C: drive?
    Or that pop up a html page always in Internet Explorer?
    Or a game where you can set your preferred NPC chat key - but the new dialogs completely disregard it?
    Yup, Nexon.
    Is it a wonder their game won't run properly on computers that don't have the exact same hardware and ping to the servers as their testers'?
    arveitDarkPassengerCarlYamiNL
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon always reminds me of a a joke that has been around since the '80's. Specifically the line "'Mandatory defaults' has a nice ring to it." (Google it).
    Who, in this day and age, writes programs that only work if they're installed on the C: drive?

The instruction page itself is scanning an E drive:
    3st4fty54.jpg
    Many programs tend to have a problem with secondary hard drives.
    Thanks, just understood now that I do have to have the game files in the hard drive of the computer for the nexon launcher to read them. Cant play from a storage device anymore.

You can adjust the launcher's file location in the settings. Click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile and select "Settings", then scroll to "Games installation location" and set it to the path of your choice.
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

The instruction page itself is scanning an E drive:
    3st4fty54.jpg
    Many programs tend to have a problem with secondary hard drives.

You can adjust the launcher's file location in the settings. Click on the drop-down arrow next to your profile and select "Settings", then scroll to "Games installation location" and set it to the path of your choice.

That's why youre a forum mod. thanks a bunch

Neospector
  • EMS4EVERktnxbyeEMS4EVERktnxbye
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    hey regarding this issue do i have to paste the MapleStory folder in to appdata ( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata)
    right now (Before maintenance) was in ;D as MapleStory folder
    so i need to copy this in to appdata folder as following ( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata)
    so it will end as (( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata>MapleStory) ?
    HELPPPPPPP
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2017
    hey regarding this issue do i have to paste the MapleStory folder in to appdata ( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata)
    right now (Before maintenance) was in ;D as MapleStory folder
    so i need to copy this in to appdata folder as following ( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata)
    so it will end as (( C>Nexon>Library>maplestory>appdata>MapleStory) ?
    HELPPPPPPP

Copy the Maplestory game files themselves (the content of the folder) into the appdata folder.
    edited March 2017
    L3paBhf.jpg
    0IBPDOA.jpg
    like this ?
    edited March 2017
    it keeps download still ;((((( i did press default path again

zohhb3n.jpg
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2017
    In the settings, in game launcher, I alocated it to the right folder in the D: hard drive and it still downloads the whole game ...
    edited March 2017
    Mek wrote: »
    In the settings, in game launcher, I alocated it to the right folder in the D: hard drive and it still downloads the whole game ...
    yea same i had in D: but default its C as they said i imported all the files to the C and the same path as they said and still i think
    the nexon launcher finder its broken i mean it dosnt make any scan

btw my game worked fine before maintenance but so far not posb from nexon launcher i just hope they dont removeeeeee game launcher before they fix this ;((((((((
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2017
    it keeps download still ;((((( i did press default path again

zohhb3n.jpg

You had it correct, it's just weird that it doesn't detect the files. I suggest the following:
    • Cancel the download
    • Delete the files located in C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\patchdata
    • Completely exit the launcher, and perform a full shutdown, restart
    • Start the launcher, select the gear icon, and then select "repair installation"

Some of these may be unecessary or extra, but better safe then sorry.
    edited March 2017
    2WUq6k9.jpg
    maybe am missing around 700mb ?( but the game works from game launcher) but you right i try the things you said to restart
    and i dont have patchdata folder either its just appdata
    should i create emty patchdata folder ?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited March 2017
    2WUq6k9.jpg
    maybe am missing around 700mb ?( but the game works from game launcher) but you right i try the things you said to restart
    and i dont have patchdata folder either its just appdata
    should i create emty patchdata folder ?

That might help. I'm not sure what might be happening specifically, the instructions I gave typically work in most cases.
    Worst case scenario you might have to complete the redownload. It wouldn't be ideal, but it would work.
    edited March 2017
    awhhhhh :(( well i hope game launcher works for a bit longer now untill this gets fix

also for example
    the download 150mb /9.7
    and instaled 500mb/9.7 means it finds the missing files ? or its just normal full download ?
    edited March 2017
    awhhhhh :(( well i hope game launcher works for a bit longer now untill this gets fix

also for example
    the download 150mb /9.7
    and instaled 500mb/9.7 means it finds the missing files ? or its just normal full download ?
    You shouldve redownloaded the entire thing throughh nexon launher today since there was the update and the extended down time.
    edited March 2017

also for example
    the download 150mb /9.7
    You shouldve redownloaded the entire thing throughh nexon launher today since there was the update and the extended down time.

the problem is that:
    game worked fine and i dont need nexon launcher but i heard reward and some things that they will remove game launcher so i will have to get nexon launcher
    got a bit slow net and game its hugeeeeeeeee 9.7gb
    no idea why nexon force us when it works fine ;((((((((((
    they sould make clear and better import way
    edited March 2017
    Try just clicking the c file and nexon / maplestory for the import, not the app data file. I have my game on a ssd and installed in it, i have nexon launcher in there too, no problems with it. If that doesnt work just try c file and nexon, same thing the moderator said to do, but i have it just like that

Another thing is make sure there arent two nexon files in your c drive, the one time i had it like that it didnt import it, when you start a download it creates a nexon folder in the c drive, if you already had maplestory nexon file, the launcher tries to import the recently created one, if you have two, delete the empty one and try again.
    edited March 2017
    FIXEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    omg HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE now hope it dosnt break after this new update
    the thing i did was complete remove(unisntalll nexon launcher)
    took new one from site and instaled
    now there wasnt maplestory anymore
    so i pressed download and it showed slow (5min) verifying
    then it done and now its ORANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PLAY BUTTON ~ and says maple its undermainteannce
    so now after update hope all goes WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL