[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mastery not applied to range

comeprecomepre
Reactions: 240
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
unknown.png

Like....

Bug type: in game
Brief bug summary: mastery effects not applied to range
More details:
look at the picture

Steps to reproduce:
Play JETT

Character name: AznSecretX
Character level:216
Character job:Jett
World name:Windia
Date and time of the incident:03/01/2017 11pm pst

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Do you have a gun equipped?
  • comeprecomepre
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    yes...jetts can only equip guns
    Kylehell007
  • comeprecomepre
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    nekson where r u
    JettLuvsU
  • NoProspectNoProspect
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2017
    Having the same problem as well hopefully they can fix it this weekend. Does it only apply to jetts??
    -NoProspect-211 Windian jett
  • UBreakIFixUBreakIFix
    Reactions: 340
    edited March 2017
    Can someone please give details in a bit more detail, other than "play Jett"? I'd like to reproduce this. Thanks.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    UBreakIFix wrote: »
    Can someone please give details in a bit more detail, other than "play Jett"? I'd like to reproduce this. Thanks.
    Apply points to Gun Mastery(2nd job) and Giga Buster(4th job)?
    There's not much else to it. The skill just doesn't apply itself.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Have you tested your damage to see if this is merely a visual bug?
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    Have you tested your damage to see if this is merely a visual bug?
    Yes. I did that immediately after testing if SP reset scrolls made a difference.(They don't.)
    It's not just visual.
  • UBreakIFixUBreakIFix
    Reactions: 340
    edited March 2017
    Submitted. We now play the waiting game. Sorry :(
  • comeprecomepre
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    i bet there won't even be any compensation for this
  • JohnnySquareJohnnySquare
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    comepre wrote: »

I bet they won't even fix it. Ever. Based on how dismissive and impersonal the responses from support have been I can only assume that the GMS team doesn't have access to the coding for Jett and it's stuck. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.
  • JettJett
    Reactions: 410
    edited March 2017

I bet they won't even fix it. Ever. Based on how dismissive and impersonal the responses from support have been I can only assume that the GMS team doesn't have access to the coding for Jett and it's stuck. That's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

think they realised that jett is broken or naah they dont give a about us anymore. since jett is a pretty bad class overall....and yea i doubt there will be compensation i mean all we lost was a fk ton of range which basically equated to us to be unable to solo most bosses, miss the x2 event after over a month with no x2 and prob will make me lose like 10 x2 exp coupons since they expire in a week or so since if i use them i cant even farm properly as i have to 3 shot mobs now instead of one shotting them
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Remember that Customer Support is probably outsourced, an in any case has little contact with the GMS development team in Korea and no idea of their priorities.
    Customer Support just work off templates.
    Customer is complaining that their class got weaker after the last patch? Copy-paste response "all classes are carefully balanced and working as intended."
    Customer keeps complaining? Give them generic "The team is looking into the issue. Keep an eye on the website and forums for updates" response.
    From what I have seen in the past, I can conclude that Customer Support responses have little to no relation to what Nexon knows or is doing about any issue.

Specifically for this mastery bug, my guess is that it is very easy to fix. Mastery skills for all classes work the exact same way, so they must either use the same function or have it copy-pasted for each class. Someone must have accidentally changed the weapon type it works for (possibly to a non-existent weapon type) or the %mastery it gives (but not the text). All they need to do is revert that segment of the source code to its previous value.

The only question is whether the team is, in fact, aware of the issue. And we can't know that until it appears as a specific "known issue" on the support site. So, bottom line, Jetts need to keep making tickets or talking to live support, until someone takes notice.
  • HelloimJoshHelloimJosh
    Reactions: 215
    edited March 2017
    Made a video on resetting my sp and putting it back into the mastery sent it in as a reply ticket for more information. So hopefully they send it to the devs
    JohnnySquare
  • NoProspectNoProspect
    Reactions: 840
    edited March 2017
    I sent them a ticket yesterday and they said to specify what skills aren't working. I said it was Gun Mastery and how it's not applying to our range, after a little bit i got a reply saying Gun Expert doesn't apply to damage and whatnot and if i need more help and contact them. I then sent a more detailed ticket with images an links to specify what i was talking about and they haven't replied back. (it's been over 6 hours since i sent it)
    JohnnySquare
    edited March 2017
    Thank you guys. I guess we just have to keep trying. Been a week now and still not even a word from Nexon. I've pretty much quit the game at this point and not by choice :/ I just can't reliably farm. I've put too much work into this gear to have any interest in starting a new main at this point. Hopefully we get some word from them soon.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Thank you guys. I guess we just have to keep trying. Been a week now and still not even a word from Nexon. I've pretty much quit the game at this point and not by choice :/ I just can't reliably farm. I've put too much work into this gear to have any interest in starting a new main at this point. Hopefully we get some word from them soon.

Not a word?
    It's in the maintenance notice for today:
    Jett skills, Gun Mastery and Giga Buster will be fixed.
    edited March 2017
    Yeah I posted that before the patch notes. Get on your knees for Nexon some more.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Yeah I posted that before the patch notes. Get on your knees for Nexon some more.

No, you didn't.
    You posted about two hours after the maintenance notice went up.
    I made my response to you one minute after you posted. How would I have been able to do that if the notice hadn't been up already?
    (Tip: you can hover your cursor over the post's date to see the exact time it was made).

As for your second sentence: I'm one of Nexon's biggest critics on these forums. But I try to keep my criticism true. People who exaggerate or fail to check things before ranting, give us all a bad name of whiners and liars who can never be satisfied, so there's no point listening to us at all. So yes, if people make baseless attacks on Nexon, I will defend the company.

The proper response you should have posted (if you felt it so necessary to respond a week later) is, "Oh, right, didn't notice that." That's it. Don't even need to thank Nexon for fixing the bug, or me for telling you they're going to. Just don't lie and don't make personal attacks.
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The proper response you should have posted (if you felt it so necessary to respond a week later) is, "Oh, right, didn't notice that." That's it. Don't even need to thank Nexon for fixing the bug, or me for telling you they're going to. Just don't lie and don't make personal attacks.

Thank you Nexon for creating game breaking problems and then fixing them a week later without giving a single word to address the issue in the meantime. THANK YOU BASED NEXON. You're like a mother that doesn't want to believe their kid is a **** up so you always find a silver lining. Sorry, but your child is a Re***d..