[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Post content from OUR community

KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
Reactions: 11,690
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Almost all the art that has been posted to social media has been from PIXIV which is full of JMS players.

I'm sure there are at least one or two artists or musicians here, on the subreddit, on Tumblr, Instagram, and other places that would love for their art and other creations to be shared.

Tl;dr Stop sharing art from the other service's communities and share art from our own
JettLuvsUAggraphineHHG1FennekinUzumeLilyflowerDaxterbeerforumsareannoyingTanyaPetalmagicand 5 others.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    The JMS stuff is all well and good, but showcasing GMS and EMS players' artwork should be considered over another service's.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Although Basilmarket is mostly dead or dying, people still post a lot of their fanart here and it is still one of the official fansites.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Although Basilmarket is mostly dead or dying, people still post a lot of their fanart here and it is still one of the official fansites.

This is a matter of the CM electing to showcase fanart, but sourcing it mainly, thus far, from JMS players.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Aggraphine, yes, so I offered an alternative from our community that has been largely overlooked. I agree entirely, pixiv is fine and all, but I know we have some really talented artists among us. Saw a couple of commission threads on reddit too that were top notch.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I'm sure if there were more GMS Angelic Buster fanart, he'd be all over that.

There was a lot of actually decent Lucid fanart posted on Reddit for a while, too (even though most were kinda on the ecchi side).

A quick reddit search showed this (clean) one: linky which I think is from someone in GMS? The guy also seems to post some nice drawings from time to time.

I prefer the style of the japanese dude's AB stuff though lol. Soooo cute. I even went to Pixiv to browse the rest of his work. I was wondering why they required an account... then I got to his profile page and I'll uhh, stop there lol. I wonder who they pay to browse his pixiv for MapleStory pics. Seems like an *ahem* "fun" job.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    I'm sure if there were more GMS Angelic Buster fanart, he'd be all over that.

There's an idea.

Let's have AB art contest, and at the same time let the entrants post links to their albums. The albums won't count towards the contest itself, but the links will help Arwoo familiarize himself with GMS fan artists and the platforms they use. Save him the trouble of combing through reddit, basil, these forums (and the internal Nexon backup of the old forums), fb, tumblr, DeviantArt, etc, etc. (Which combing is, tbh, part of his job, but, well, maybe if we help him with that part, he'll have a bit more time to talk to us about game issues).
    Fennekin wrote: »
    I wonder who they pay to browse his pixiv for MapleStory pics. Seems like an *ahem* "fun" job.

Quoting a friend who shall remain nameless: "He's just posting stuff from the same place he goes for his h****i."
    Fennekin
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Quoting a friend who shall remain nameless: "He's just posting stuff from the same place he goes for his h****i."

The maplestory R-18 tab on pixiv is... an adventure.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2017

I'm not afraid to reveal my love for h3nt@i

Tuba
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I'm not afraid to reveal my love for h3nt@i

Nobody cares.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Ahoy! We appreciate your concern with the content we're sharing on our social platforms, but do understand that acquiring permission from artists takes time. Currently, we've only been able to receive confirmation from a select few artists so our selection has been very limited.

When it comes to featuring MapleStory fan creations, it's a great feeling to know that MapleStory goes beyond GMS. We'd like to feature artwork from all over the world. I am fully aware that Pixiv comprises mostly of foreign artists.

On top of having a Pixiv account to request permission from artists, I have a Deviantart account as well.
    Please contact me either here on Deviantart: http://cm-arwoo.deviantart.com/
    Or here on Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=13533720

I'd love to meet more creative peeps from within our community!

Additionally, our Tumblr is also a great resource that appears to have been neglected for many years. I am currently working to revive our official Tumblr for the very purpose of reaching out to artist and write engaging blogs! I will be adding a submit button very soon so artists can reach out to us on Tumblr in the near future.

MapleStory Official Tumblr: http://maplestory.tumblr.com/

Again, this was all in our initial plans to feature Maple content from all over the world. When it comes to community, it's the players that make it and our joy in spreading it.

Thank you,

Arwooooo~
    Nyara