[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Hiding stuff now, are we?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    So you are referring to a complete merge of topics and not having Child Categories/subforums available, then? How will you preserve old threads and pinned threads that are currently in their own separate subforums? Cash Shop Guides is a full page of pinned threads, if you merge that entirely with Game Guides, none of the Game Guides will be visible as none of them are pinned. Sure you could unpin the CS guides, but then those would be harder to find. It's not really about emphasis, it's about order.

It'll also water down the General Chat with rants, questions, tips, when we've had some pretty decent quality discussions in these sections. I fear it'll become "spammy" if these are all supposed to share space, and rant threads pertaining to Nexon's practices would become locked instead of moved. Activity is great, but we don't have a system like reddit to separate the relevant from the noise aside from repeated bumping, which nobody likes.

Just trying to understand exactly what it is you're trying to do here, and how you will implement it. Because right now it's a half-measure that doesn't serve anyone. The site currently doesn't properly handle the existence of forums within forums, and a full merge of several topics inside one forum would seem unorganized to me.

Let me try to put the question a little differently, Arwoo:
    What's wrong with the forums as they are?

Are threads difficult to find? Do new members have a hard time deciding where to post what? Are the mods complaining that threads keeping having to get moved (and do they agree with what you're doing to resolve that)?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Please help me (and SadVirgin, and possibly others) understand what's broken.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    So you are referring to a complete merge of topics and not having Child Categories/subforums available, then? How will you preserve old threads and pinned threads that are currently in their own separate subforums? Cash Shop Guides is a full page of pinned threads, if you merge that entirely with Game Guides, none of the Game Guides will be visible as none of them are pinned. Sure you could unpin the CS guides, but then those would be harder to find. It's not really about emphasis, it's about order.

It'll also water down the General Chat with rants, questions, tips, when we've had some pretty decent quality discussions in these sections. I fear it'll become "spammy" if these are all supposed to share space, and rant threads pertaining to Nexon's practices would become locked instead of moved. Activity is great, but we don't have a system like reddit to separate the relevant from the noise aside from repeated bumping, which nobody likes.

Just trying to understand exactly what it is you're trying to do here, and how you will implement it. Because right now it's a half-measure that doesn't serve anyone. The site currently doesn't properly handle the existence of forums within forums, and a full merge of several topics inside one forum would seem unorganized to me.

Let me try to put the question a little differently, Arwoo:
    What's wrong with the forums as they are?

Are threads difficult to find? Do new members have a hard time deciding where to post what? Are the mods complaining that threads keeping having to get moved (and do they agree with what you're doing to resolve that)?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Please help me (and SadVirgin, and possibly others) understand what's broken.

I feel that nothing is actually "broken" in the traditional sense, rather it's a new CM trying to leave his mark, so to speak.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Apologies, but I will be locking this thread from further discussions.
    Derailing threads to incite an argument or simply for the sake of causing trouble is not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.

Again, we will be sure to create a outlet for players to give their feedback on the removal of certain sections and addition of a few new ones.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
This discussion has been closed.