[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In-Game Clock

Comments

• nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    Maybe a clock CHAIR ? I wish it had the stopwatch and alarm functions too.... if this is not too much to ask.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    xparasite9

Aggraphine

xparasite9

Aggraphine

Because everyone wants to traipse off to the nearest intercontinental station to figure out what time it is at Nexon.
    just like everyone wants even more screen clutter when it's just as easy to google "current time pacific"

It wouldn't be screen clutter if they worked it into a portion of the already-existing UI that's mostly voidspace.
    looks pretty used to me. where's the voidspace?
    it would have to be one of those floating bubble windows like the soul weapon stuff, the mini-map/maple guide/ quick move, the class-special stuff, and it would always pop up on login, and players would be forced to close it every time *if* they were lucky to even have that option.
    imageimage

Heck they could even slip it right next to the job class name if they really wanted, small and not taking up much space

• SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

BUT WHERE WOULD WE PUT IT?
    just implement a /time command in game
    JettLuvsUxparasite9
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I was thinking of displaying it to the right of the text box tabs. Example:
    Sqamp
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I apologize for the double post, I'm still learning how to work these forums. Please delete this.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

I apologize for the double post, I'm still learning how to work these forums. Please delete this.
    Here's a quick lesson for you. There's a gear wheel on the top right corner of your posts. Click that to edit your posts.

Visual aid:
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    Sparkz
    Sparkz said:

KThxBaiNao

just implement a /time command in game
    LOL. The best suggestion I've seen so far.

• SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I have to agree with a /time command, it's probably the quickest and most efficient way to implement this.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

I have to agree with a /time command, it's probably the quickest and most efficient way to implement this.
    Well, I was thinking about this a bit more.... while this may sounds like a good solution, but when I think about the output after typing /time, is this what I really wanted to see? I can just alt-tab out to my computer and look at the clock on my taskbar, right? I guess we'll have to go back to drawing board....
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    Maybe do like the Battle Analyses, you ''summon'' a tab with the clock, chose a time to it to count, and you put wherever you want in the screen.
  • xparasite9xparasite9
    Reactions: 2,000
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Well, I was thinking about this a bit more.... while this may sounds like a good solution, but when I think about the output after typing /time, is this what I really wanted to see? I can just alt-tab out to my computer and look at the clock on my taskbar, right? I guess we'll have to go back to drawing board....
    if you aren't wanting to see the NxA server time, then why in the world do you want an in-game clock???
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Maybe just like in Windows in the right under corner. And remove 2 quick keys? Something like that?

And maybe there can be a possibility to place 2 times if you want like server time and your own time zone. Or the date?
  • FlameWizardBlancFlameWizardBlanc
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited October 2016
    I think having a clock would help especially now with EMS players coming to join GMS we aren't in the same time zone as each other so while ever you guys have hot time events or 2x events etc some players won't benefit from them unless we leave our PC's on over night or stay up until 6 in the morning to play, which for some people isn't viable due to either school or work etc, if there was a clock in place those from different time zones can see what the game time will be and can use it for stuff as simple as waiting for a boss to re spawn if it has one.

Even if you have to put it at the top of the screen or in its own little section that we can pull up or click off it'll help many players out a lot :)
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    edited October 2016
    xparasite9

nenenenene

Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

if you aren't wanting to see the NxA server time, then why in the world do you want an in-game clock???
    You completely missed the point. Here's an example:
    ^^^ is that (/time) what I really want to see?

Or as I mentioned before... a real-time clock chair.... like this ? (excuse me for my lazy examples here)
     image image
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yeah looking back at the "drawing board" I'm starting to think this would be easier to plan with the release of the new 5th job UI because it has far much more space to work with. We'll have resize-able windows and such... image
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Sorrow
    Sorrow said:

Yeah looking back at the "drawing board" I'm starting to think this would be easier to plan with the release of the new 5th job UI because it has far much more space to work with. We'll have resize-able windows and such... image
    I mentioned that back on the first page lol. Shelve the idea til 5th jobs hit and we get the new UI.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    yes clock so i can stop converting the different times including aussie, london, and est times!
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    I think /time command wins.
    Sparkz
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

I think /time command wins.
    eh a small window we can customize would be better.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

I mentioned that back on the first page lol. Shelve the idea til 5th jobs hit and we get the new UI.
    Not like it could happen before we got the new UI, anyway. It's not something so urgent that it would bypass the entire update queue/pipeline.