[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Increase the Drop Rate of Ancient Guardian Chairs

AsylumAsylum
Reactions: 880
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
It's been almost a week and only a small handful of players in the entire game have managed to obtain this through sheer luck. I understand it's supposed to be rare, but this is excessively so. Players have killed hundreds of unearthed artifacts in excess of 4x drop with no luck. Also Rhinojinns are supposed to drop them as well, but I only encounter 3 or 4 of them max before I hit the daily artifact point limit (at which point they stop spawning).

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    @AKradian had an idea a ways back of a diligence backstop for events, much like this one, where getting certain things is 100% reliant on RNG.

Which is an utter load, let's be honest.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    @AKradian had an idea a ways back of a diligence backstop for events, much like this one, where getting certain things is 100% reliant on RNG.

Which is an utter load, let's be honest.

Not sure I'd apply it in this case, because most of the rewards from this event are not random. This chair is like a lucky bonus on top of all the guaranteed (if you work for them) rewards.

But yes, I think the drop rate for the chair could stand to be improved considerably. The event is half over and not even 10% of the people doing it have found the chair yet.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited March 2017
    Agreed, the rest of the event is great but the grind for the chair is mind numbing. Would be dumb to have people grind for hours to get nothing in return by the end of the event.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    They should make it obtained like in the 12 day so everyone could get it, but not so easily, needed to put effort in the event; yet not like the 14 day, since it's would be easy to lose the chair.