[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Steamed Bun event: Bun Buxx count keeps reverting

pommepouffepommepouffe
Reactions: 1,660
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Event issues

Brief bug summary:
Bun Buxx keeps reverting back to 2000

More details:
My Bun Buxx count resets to 2000 after each day reset relogging, despite having completed all 10 quests each day.
I had completed the first two days before the March 23 minor patch. After everyone was given 2000 points in the minor patch, I completed all 10 quests anyway (before turn of the next day) to be safe.
Day 3 was then completed fully, but I noticed earlier (prior to reset) that my count had dropped back to 2000. To confirm this was happening, I finished the 4th day's quests and waited for day reset/my next relog. As of right now, I am back to 2000 points again (day 5 of the event).
In case this means anything, I have also had this quest accepted and completed once before on another character.

Steps to reproduce:
- Complete 'Finding Ingredients' event quest 10 times for 1000 daily points
- Wait for UTC reset Log out and log back in
- Check 'Steamed Bun Shop' event quest and find previous day's progress deleted; points have reverted to 2000

Character name/level/job:
xoxo/250/Marksman

World name:
Zenith/GRAZED

Date and time of the incident:
Since 24th March 2017

Please fix this soon and extend the event. There are only 14 days available in the event and all 14 need to be completed for the medal reward.

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Odd. Every day, the point upper limit should shift upwards, but it sounds like it isn't doing so for you so it keeps pulling back to the other limit. Have you submitted a ticket as well?
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited March 2017
    Odd. Every day, the point upper limit should shift upwards, but it sounds like it isn't doing so for you so it keeps pulling back to the other limit. Have you submitted a ticket as well?
    Not yet, I wanted to post first and see if this was an issue for others as well, and I'm really hoping it isn't specific to me since I haven't heard of other people with this issue so far.

Update though, upon checking again today, I realised the count doesn't drop after reset - it's dropping after every relog. I did 5 of the 10 quests earlier today after reset, logged, and just now began the remaining 5 only to see that my count is back to 2000 again.

I'll log a ticket but my hopes for that working out aren't high. :I
    JettLuvsU
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited March 2017
    So I got what I was fearing most from submitting a ticket: having it handled by someone who clearly doesn't understand the game, event, or my issue at all.

"Thank you for contacting us again.

I would like to thank you for providing me with the information that was requested from you. I have gone ahead and made a thorough investigation for this concern and I would like to advise that the reason as to why you only had 2,000 Bun Buxx after the Scheduled Minor Patch last 23rd of March, 2017 was becaused all of the players who participated in the said event had their Bun Buxx reset in order to resolve the issue pertaining the event. However, a compensation was made to all the affected players in the form of 2,000 Bun Buxx that was given after the maintenance. For more information regarding the Scheduled Minor Patch, please click on this link.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. "

I submitted the same content as this original thread, as well as a short video (timestamped by the Event List function) and screenshot of the next day showing exactly what happens.

Further update: it has continued to glitch each day, but yesterday I noticed the number it reverted to is now 2,600 instead of 2,000. I don't know where it suddenly decided to keep 600 points, but now after completing the dailies it will reset to 2,600.

I hope someone who understands this event can look into the issue soon.

EDIT: And it has reverted to 2000 again instead of keeping the extra 600.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited March 2017
    So, am I really the only one experiencing this issue?

The latest response I received makes me feel like I will not be able to receive the rewards I worked for in this event, unless other people have the same problem:

"I completely understand that you are upset regarding my previous response and I would like to apologize for that. An investigation was made regarding your issue and this has also been checked by our Game Development Team and I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to find any form of problems with the event as the said event is working as intended. Due to this, I am sorry to inform you that we will be unable to add Bun Buxx's for your character as we are unable to locate any form of problems with the said event."

(Note that "upset" is an overstatement - I corrected the GM's wording in the previous ticket which showed he evidently did not understand the problem. Furthermore, nowhere did I ask for Bun Buxx to be added to my account; I literally asked them to please fix the issue for me and extend the event.)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, unfortunately that's their form response that means, "It doesn't happen to our testers and we haven't gotten a critical mass of tickets about this, so what you are describing can't possibly be happening to you." In other words, "either you're an idiot who doesn't understand how to do the event, or you're lying in order to get the event rewards without working for them, or you've encountered a really rare glitch that our team is not going to waste time trying to fix."

:-(

• pommepouffepommepouffe
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately that's their form response that means, "It doesn't happen to our testers and we haven't gotten a critical mass of tickets about this, so what you are describing can't possibly be happening to you." In other words, "either you're an idiot who doesn't understand how to do the event, or you're lying in order to get the event rewards without working for them, or you've encountered a really rare glitch that our team is not going to waste time trying to fix."

:-(

That's what I was most anxious about with tickets. I thought it was clear that in sending a ticket, I had outlined an account-specific issue rather than a general event issue. In that case, obviously they would not find a mistake in their own testing of the event, and need to log onto my account to identify the error, which they refuse to do.
    So yeah, basically the third point you mentioned.

I guess since they've closed my ticket and refuse to investigate any further, I will leave these two screenshots here for proof that I am not lying and trying to get rewards without participating (which would be obvious if they looked at my character logs anyway, and see that I've completed all 10 quests every single day since the event started).

First screenshot: proof of completion for all 10 quests
    http://imgur.com/a/RKKu8

Second screenshot: showing what happens the next day
    http://imgur.com/a/kAC1u
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited April 2017
    My count isn't resetting but one night my Buxx dropped by 100 for no reason. I've done the quest 10 times a day but because of this glitch I'll be 100 short of the medal I really wanted on the day the event ends -_-
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Archeryi wrote: »
    My count isn't resetting but one night my Buxx dropped by 100 for no reason. I've done the quest 10 times a day but because of this glitch I'll be 100 short of the medal I really wanted on the day the event ends -_-

You can do the bun collecting on two characters. That will enable you to catch up.