[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is wrong with support?

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited April 2017 in General Chat
I filed a ticket for an issue, I get told its my drivers, I update my drivers, then I get told its my hardware, I try on a new computer, and get told its a known issue(by another GM), then the first GM says its my system, and I am the only one having the issue. I ask for a phone number so I can file a complaint, and then I get told they do not do that, and I could use the feedback form. I know they are outsourced, but not even giving out a phone number for a complaint?

How many different companies are providing support for you Nexon? Have you ever thought updating them all at the same time on issues, so they all can tell the same story when an issue arises? This is not the first time I have gotten different stories from different GMs during support tickets.
dudki

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    It lacks profit to send updates to their tech support.

"Information given freely profits no one" -Ferrengi Rule of Acquisition #5
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    They have an official feedback form they use, and the previous CM has confirmed that they are:
    1. Sent anonymously
    2. Reviewed

If you have a complaint, you can voice it in that feedback form. I'm not particularly sure why a phone complaint would be more helpful for your situation, though.

As for your actual issue, it would help significantly if we knew what your issue was. The forums and Reddit can both walk you through some technical support issues and speaking with a community often helps get the brain working on a solution.
    Graphics card issues are always a hassle, in my personal opinion. One time I had an issue with Minecraft, and the solution was to update my drivers, but every time I did so there seemed to be a brand new update that needed to be installed. Eventually, after a frustrated night of Googling, I wound up having to perform a full BIOS update. I never want to have to go through that again.
    Long story short it would help significantly if we knew what error you were getting, so we can help with the debugging process.

Please try to be more helpful, if you can.
    JettLuvsU
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    They have an official feedback form they use, and the previous CM has confirmed that they are:
    1. Sent anonymously
    2. Reviewed

If you have a complaint, you can voice it in that feedback form. I'm not particularly sure why a phone complaint would be more helpful for your situation, though.

As for your actual issue, it would help significantly if we knew what your issue was. The forums and Reddit can both walk you through some technical support issues and speaking with a community often helps get the brain working on a solution.
    Graphics card issues are always a hassle, in my personal opinion. One time I had an issue with Minecraft, and the solution was to update my drivers, but every time I did so there seemed to be a brand new update that needed to be installed. Eventually, after a frustrated night of Googling, I wound up having to perform a full BIOS update. I never want to have to go through that again.
    Long story short it would help significantly if we knew what error you were getting, so we can help with the debugging process.

If you had a problem with service, would you rather email, and wait for a reply, or call and talk to a actual human being about it?

Do you not find it sad that the actual users of the game are more knowledgeable about fixing issues, than actual tech support who is paid for it?

This post is not seeking technical support for my issue, as I have already consulted reddit, and all the solutions there also fail.
    JettLuvsUTuba
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited April 2017
    If you had a problem with service, would you rather email, and wait for a reply, or call and talk to a actual human being about it?

Do you not find it sad that the actual users of the game are more knowledgeable about fixing issues, than actual tech support who is paid for it?

This post is not seeking technical support for my issue, as I have already consulted reddit, and all the solutions there also fail.

Email, honestly. In addition, phone support is notorious for being absolutely terrible; it's what started many of the stereotypes about tech support in the first place. Many companies maintain a support forum where normal users as well as official company reps offer their pooled advice; this makes it easier to pool ideas together and come up with solutions. Traditional tech support is maintained for unique issues, or issues involving sensitive information, but isn't necessarily better than the forum.

If none of us can be of any more help, I'm not sure what else to say, however.
    BellamazedJettLuvsUJuly
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited April 2017

thats one greedy man lol
    how ironic one might think knowlegde its not bad... yet its known that "the population shall never attain knowledge"

gen 2:17
    But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
    thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

am agaisnt all of it tho... knowledge its a power beyond measure... yet

"...with great power there must also come -- great responsibility!". amazing fantasy#15{last panel}
    edited April 2017

Email, honestly. In addition, phone support is notorious for being absolutely terrible; it's what started many of the stereotypes about tech support in the first place. Many companies maintain a support forum where normal users as well as official company reps offer their pooled advice; this makes it easier to pool ideas together and come up with solutions. Traditional tech support is maintained for unique issues, or issues involving sensitive information, but isn't necessarily better than the forum.

If none of us can be of any more help, I'm not sure what else to say, however.

This is about getting better support via tickets, not about my issue. If you are going to outsource support, they need to be kept up to date on issues, all employees handling support issues. I shouldnt get a different story for every different person I talk to about the same issue.
    JettLuvsU
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    This is pretty funny. I told them i had a problem with a Kinesis link skill not staying on my character. I linked it and it goes off after reset. They said it was my computer and asked for my computer info. They said it wasn't my computer...gg
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    I'm very satisfied from Nexon support (tickets and live). Most of the stuff I sent got properly treated! Ofc there's two+- issues I sent that still waiting for a fix (permanent skunk pet still broken for a year now, while they aware of this issue :( ) but in general they do a good job :)

Like Neo stated above, sharing your issue here may bring a solution.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2017
    Ive had an issue solved in the past after the GM forwarded it to the game team to test, which is always fantastic (it was fixed quicker than I expected too!). However, I definitely have had my fair share of frustrating ticket experiences, and issues that have gone unsolved simply because the GM didn't know that other people are also having the issue, or because they stuck to the canned response instead of looking into it further. Its definitely frustrating, and really doesn't need to happen.

While it may help you during the time to have an actual human on the phone to complain to about the service, the feedback form provided is much better in the long run for actually improving service. It is easier to collect & analyze the information from feedback that is written & submitted in a form online, rather than trying to compile feedback from people calling over the phone (not to mention the online feedback is is actually recorded somewhere. Even though someone on the phone is listening to you in real time, you never know what will actually happen to phone feedback). Definitely submit your complaints through the feedback form - whoever reviews these will be able to better improve customer service if they see the trend of misinformed GMs being reported.
    JettLuvsU
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    in generall its not eazy to fix some issues
    there are many windows version,drivers,updates, etc etc to go thro but also helps if you give and explain the issue with more info about your sytem
    and i understand sometime GM's(support team) gives no sense as result of the not very clear report of a issue
    also GMS dosnt seem to have the right power to fix or change the things as the korean team are far from us with updates and such
    the more issue is explained it's faster to come to the right solution

as Neospector said
    1. Sent anonymously
    2. Reviewed

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    All I know is that it started getting bad when I sent a ticket over a hacker unleashing Pink Bean upon Henesys in channel 1 and got this

"Thank you for sending in a ticket, We are sorry that you are having an issue with this but the game is working as intended"

I sent a picture of PB killing the noobs left and right and suddenly a GM came on and killed Pink Bean in one shot and vanished.

Evidently 'Problem with monster in town' got RoboGM'd instead of being read fully. But a picture of PB where PB shouldn't have been got thier attention well enough. Funnily enough I put the word 'Cash Shop' in the subject line.
    Tanya
    edited April 2017
    1. Sent anonymously
    2. Reviewed

I see no feedback form either.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited April 2017
    I see no feedback form either.

Check the email associated with the account you used.