[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Should I job change or make a new character? Hmm..

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited April 2017 in General Chat
The scales of disadvantages are equally the same as I want to make a Hero/Dark Knight though not sure if I should job change my paladin or just make a new character.

-If I job change my paladin I will be bothered to change it's IGN to the character I would have made into a Hero or Dark Knight
-If I job change my paladin and regret that choice, I will have to stick with it or pay a huge amount of meso to change back (It's level 212 and job changed several times in the past)

-If I make a new character, I will have to grind all the way back from level 10.
-Will be bothered to buy more appearance items when my Paladin already looks half decent.

-I will probably get bored with whatever choice I make anyways and make a new character that isn't going to end up as an explorer warrior.

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Burning event coming.. 3 levels for each one you grind. I have multiple classes and grind whichever catches my interest
    bumbertyr
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    I don't particularly think the leveling was all too bad.
    I managed to get myself to level 202 with the few hours I have every weekend.

Granted, I was able to put a lot of the time I had coming in to level and get a bit more familiar with the current status of the game.
    Though I'm sure the grind can get to you if you've already done it once before!

If I were you I'd just level another character.

Arwoooo~
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    The scales of disadvantages are equally the same as I want to make a Hero/Dark Knight though not sure if I should job change my paladin or just make a new character.

-If I job change my paladin I will be bothered to change it's IGN to the character I would have made into a Hero or Dark Knight
    -If I job change my paladin and regret that choice, I will have to stick with it or pay a huge amount of meso to change back (It's level 212 and job changed several times in the past)

-If I make a new character, I will have to grind all the way back from level 10.
    -Will be bothered to buy more appearance items when my Paladin already looks half decent.

-I will probably get bored with whatever choice I make anyways and make a new character that isn't going to end up as an explorer warrior.

If you havn't done all the link skills now would be a good time to start, if you have I'd say just make a new char. If you're worried about getting bored with grinding do only quests to level up. Pretty much all the quests in this game have rather engaging stories.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I don't particularly think the leveling was all too bad.
    I managed to get myself to level 202 with the few hours I have every weekend.

Push for more 2x weekends so you can level faster :^)
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2017
    So uh, I ended up creating a Battle Mage whom I named after a character from the game 'Nier'

So far so good and I forgot how much I liked playing around on them.

QYvGmC6.png

(What I'm trying to look like with the resources I have:)
    latest?cb=20100409213941
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    latest?cb=20100409213941

nightmare fuel :o
  • EnepttasticEnepttastic
    Reactions: 420
    edited April 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    latest?cb=20100409213941

nightmare fuel :o

Huh, Jack Skellington's let himself go...