[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wind Archer vs Wild Hunter

Funimation01Funimation01
Reactions: 1,010
edited October 2016 in General Chat
who do you guys thing is better?

imo i feel that wind archer are better because they are noob friendly and they can get alot of range with low funds
  1. Wind Archer vs Wild Hunter26 votes
    1. Wind Archer
       38% (10 votes)
    2. Wild Hunter
       62% (16 votes)

Comments

• SilverVskySilverVsky
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    Depends on what you're asking
    Are you asking which is cheaper to fund?
  • Funimation01Funimation01
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited October 2016
    SilverVsky

Depends on what you're asking
    Are you asking which is cheaper to fund?
    im just asking in general
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    The one downside to Wind Archers is that you can't move while using Song of Heaven, which is their main single-target skill come 4th job.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited October 2016
    Wind Archers are a fairly easy class to get into due to great movement speed, and they are a lot more durable, also as a bonus you get a good passive trait that benefits other characters and no need for skill books which is a plus.

Wild hunter is a lot more clunky in key setup and it jaguar on off modes takes a while to get used to, but once you get them down you can rip through most anything that stands in your way.

I would say try both for a few days then you can build your own opinion on which style you like more.
  • EatenByBreadEatenByBread
    Reactions: 900
    edited October 2016
    Wind archer is a great first-choice archer for several reasons:
    1) It's skills are simple to use and require practically no micromanagement
    2) They hit hard compared to other archers of the same range
    3) multi-target hurricance (give this to mercedes please c':)

If you're going to fund an archer however, wind archers have lower DPS compared to some other archer classes
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,695
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    i have a WA 211 and i love it!
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited October 2016
    I have to say this the fact that Wind Archer doesn't have a movable hurricane is why i don't use it and it's got terrible dps endgame(Bowmaster has higher dps then you)also Wind Archer doesn't have a bind. TOO me Wild Hunter is almost perfect(Absurd dps 3 line hurricane should i say more, a Bind and the fact that you will make short work of bosses of any kind endgame)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    if your looking for specifically damage then wildhunter is the way to go, if your more of a fan of aesthetics then definitely pick up wind archer.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Wild Hunter has one trait that all other classes with mobile-allowed keydown skills don't have: they can move back and forth while using their keydown skill without changing the direction they are attacking in.
    Other classes who need to retreat need to stop the skill, cutting their DPS down, while Wild Hunter can make their retreat while still firing away.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    I don't care how great you are for new players.

Nothing beats a Jaguar with machine guns.