[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

NEXON's investigations

dudkidudki
Reactions: 380
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Lately NEXON's "investigations" became a synonym to their laziness.

It looks like NEXON are taking the players for granted.

A month ago, some very well-known players disappeared from Scania after being involved with level 200 weapons.
Some of them violated NEXON's rules and bought the weapon from hackers and some did not (They were only holding the weapon for few min).

[Personally, I do not know any player that never ever violated any of NEXON's rules].

A company should be consistence with its punishments / reactions to ToS violations. you cannot give a death sentence for stealling a bread.
When players scrolled their Tyrants with duped AEEs 3 years ago, NEXON deleted the items but never banned the players and I have many other examples.
NEXON close their eyes on many exploits and violations of their rules and only permanent ban heavy hackers, those who ruin the economy, or hack accounts.

None of the players that got permanent ban on March 8th was a hacker !

It's not about a "fair game" as the GMs like to say. A fair game would give a fair and consistent reaction to all.

Both GMs and the new CM were providing false declarations to the community saying that they investigated and ONLY HACKERS got banned. 100 % incorrect!

The new CM said that he has a list of players that their accounts will be re-checked, and that they opened "investigation" understanding that they were wrong but nothing has been done. Only deleting the post made by Queen0fNova exposing NEXON's actions / laziness / false claims and getting positive responses from the community.

NEXON are not for free speech and justice.

Accounts without any weapon on them that never went into lucid map are permanent banned for nothing.
The others are PERMANENT banned for 1 bad trade that did no harm to anyone.

NEXON are taking 4.5 months to "investigate" an error with marvel code but only 30 seconds to investigate a false permanent ban and do nothing.

This is what NEXON are thinking about us all. We do not worth their time or attention as long as the gambling goes on and the money keeps coming in.
8Dnothingjustsomeonecarmenpop22

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    This issue has been settled at least three times now.

One - Closed for descending into mudslinging and arguments
    Two - Closed with the response that these bans are being investigated. This is also QueenOfNova's thread, it was not deleted as you so claimed, nor was it even the one receiving large amounts of popular support.
    Three - Closed with the response that these bans are being investigated, and that information regarding these bans is between the staff and the player who has been banned

In addition, I will add that not all responses to this issue were positive. In fact, as time went on, many members of the community (including the former CM, for what that's worth) have voiced opinions that the ban should have been harsher, due to the nature of the particular weapons. Many people believe that because the weapons were clearly hacked (it was impossible to obtain an Arcane weapon given the timeframe of Lucid being released, the weekly boss resets, and the amount of coins needed to purchase a weapon) and so expensive (such weapons would be sold for illegal, real-money transactions), it is impossible to believe the accused are not guilty in some way.
    For the sake of innocent-until-proven-guilty, we will not assume this; I am merely restating a common opinion held on the forums and on the subreddit.

If you believe your ban was false, I encourage you to file a ticket in the support center. Information regarding ban appeals should be handled by the appropriate staff, which is not us forum goers.

Close reason:
    • General FUD and Nexon bashing ("We do not worth their time or attention as long as the gambling goes on and the money keeps coming in.", etc)
    • Duplicate threads on settled topics

Again, if you wish to appeal your ban or if someone you know wishes to appeal their ban, they should contact support.
    JettLuvsUJulycarmenpop22
  • dudkidudki
    Reactions: 380
    edited April 2017
    "If you believe your ban was false, I encourage you to file a ticket in the support center. Information regarding ban appeals should be handled by the appropriate staff, which is not us forum goers"

Why it is the community's concern and this topic should not be forgotten?

This case is a learning case to all of us! Every maple player should be aware of it and care about it. You can be the next one to lose your account / time / money.
    While they say that only hackers got permanent ban and that they are re-investigating, they close tickets after few minutes without spending a second to "investigate".
    Why the place to discuss it is in the Forum?
    1. NEXON permanent ban legitimate accounts that did nothing, it can happen to any maple player that read this forum. The community should know about it when spending time and money on this gambling game.
    2. NEXON are saying one thing to the community and doing the opposite in their support system. They are getting payment for "solved" tickets; so the ticket is closed after few seconds with robot answer and NO INVESTIGATION.
    3. No consistency with punishment / reaction from NEXON to "crimes"

This is a general issue, not personal.

• justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited April 2017
    I am playing an account that was created few months before maple's first birthday.

On March 8th I got permanent ban for nothing. my account never violated any of NEXON's rules.
    After reading a little, I understood that I am permanent banned for holding a level 200 weapon for few minutes !

I never entered Lucid map ever, I never bought anything , all my items are self made, my account has no duped items on it, nothing !

When I contacted NEXON's support system as was advised here this is the response I got :
    "I understand that you would like to have your account unbanned. I have investigated your account's records further and have found out that this account was banned permanently for a very severe violation of our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. Due to the severity of the violation that was committed by this account, please know that we are no longer able to release this account again, nor grant it any further chances of leniency"

This is 100 % incorrect of course. NEXON are being lazy and do not care about all the time and money we spend.

Its time for me to stop playing NEXON's games but you should learn from this case !
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    I will point out that making duplicate topics on subjects is considered spamming. Please don't do it.
    Bans and ban appeals should be handled by the banned user and the support team. I'm just a community member; a level 212 mech in GRAZED who was asked to moderate the forums. The staff that does browse this forum includes the CM staff (Arwoo, OneLetter) and some QA staff (note: not bumbertyr, he's Nexon but not on the Maplestory team, please don't make him a delivery boy :/ ), none of which have a job of forwarding ban appeals (there have been cases in the past where players have treated the CM as a fastpass around the support center, and this is not what the CM is for).

The community is well aware of the situation and has discussed the matter fully in the above three threads I've linked. I'd encourage you to try the subreddit for additional community response, although I cannot guarantee the thread's popularity.
This discussion has been closed.