[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.218 Awake: Ascend to Mastery Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I guess I'm done with Maple now

MrsCuteMrsCute
Reactions: 790
Posts: 33
Member
edited March 2017 in Rants and Raves
Just a little rant but...

I really, sincerely, and with a passion, hate the fact that they're forcing us to use the Nexon Launcher. I am not going to download another launcher to add to my already 5+ launchers (Steam, Aeria Ignite, My, Battlenet, ubisoft, etc) that I have in my current taskbar, half of which I don't even use consistently. I really don't understand why so many games have their own individual launchers. If I want to play 5 different games, I need to download 5 different launchers, all of which are for some reason set to automatically launch as soon as you turn on your computer, and some of which update and consume your bandwidth/RAM without you even realizing it/inconvinience you with update alerts... and I really don't have the mental capacity to right click and exit every single launcher on a daily basis.

I mean, I understand that I can set the launcher to not open on startup, but the problem is that whenever I want to play a game, I have to open the launcher again and it will stay there until I manually close it. "Oh boohoo, you're just lazy that you don't want to just click a few buttons." Okay yeah sure, I am lazy, but when there's like 5+ launchers going on at the same time because I like multi-tasking games, it gets pretty ridiculous. At least make it so that the launcher dies on the start of the game, or when the game is terminated instead of making linger for the entire duration that it's not being played :/

But what does Nexon (or some cases, you guys) care. They only want money, even if it's at the expense of the consumer's convenience.
*shrug*



Anyways, that's my rant. While I did enjoy playing maple since cbt, and I still did enjoy getting on- even if the fun slowly deteriorated over the decade- this seems to have triggered my last straw. Time to quit once more, and take my .. 8th hiatus? (LOL) and hopefully my last. Was fun while it lasted but I really have no intent on downloading the nexon launcher.

Comments

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,923
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You can't launch Maple from Steam?
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    Posts: 33
    Member
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    You can't launch Maple from Steam?

    Unfortunately not. Apparently there's some problem with launching it from steam where I get a constant black screen followed by a runtime error after leaving it there for a while. Maybe it has to do with a conflict on my old files or reg? I have no clue, but it's been persisting for years. I've sent tickets about it, only to get a lack of proper responses. Steam help didn't really do much either. At this point, steam isn't really an option for me.
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Not to mention you can't use more than one account with steam - unless this changed? That's why I ditched steam, it was locked to a single account :(
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,923
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Bellamazed wrote: »
    Not to mention you can't use more than one account with steam - unless this changed? That's why I ditched steam, it was locked to a single account :(

    They really need to add the ability to link accounts together if they really want this to not be an issue.
    or
    Make the launch into Maple much faster, aka remove the Content Select Screen, I'm not 100% sure why the launcher can't just launch into a preset region.

    The region is not the issue. Client startup is the problem.
    GameLauncher didn't launch significantly faster before the European migration.
    However, once you launched the game with GameLauncher, you could keep switching accounts (and later, even regions) without having to relaunch the entire client.
    This relaunch is what is so incredibly annoying. It makes switching accounts take 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds or less (depending on how quickly you could type your user ID and password).
    Bellamazed
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    Posts: 85
    Member
    edited April 2017
    This is forwarded already by @yaboyoliver on 31st march.
    @chaoscauser

    Glad to hear you are able to get in the game.
    As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.

  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited April 2017
    This is forwarded already by @yaboyoliver on 31st march.
    @chaoscauser

    Glad to hear you are able to get in the game.
    As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.

    @SesomSlayer
    To be clear, the suggestion I relayed was an in-game region swap over. (Not an in-game account swap like in the direct launcher.)
    So, I will relay player frustration where swapping between accounts is taking unreasonable amount of time.

    @AlexF
    We will relay your 2 suggestions:
    1. Account linking
    2. Region-preset

    Please continue to share your experience (negative and positive) as they will only help us improve the Nexon Launcher.
    AlexFchaoscauserBellamazedNyara
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,340
    Posts: 592
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    This is forwarded already by @yaboyoliver on 31st march.
    @chaoscauser

    Glad to hear you are able to get in the game.
    As for the in-game region swap-over, we will pass down your suggestion and see if it's feasible.
    Thanks for writing back.

    @SesomSlayer
    To be clear, the suggestion I relayed was an in-game region swap over. (Not an in-game account swap like in the direct launcher.)
    So, I will relay player frustration where swapping between accounts is taking unreasonable amount of time.

    @AlexF
    We will relay your 2 suggestions:
    1. Account linking
    2. Region-preset

    Please continue to share your experience (negative and positive) as they will only help us improve the Nexon Launcher.

    It's so unstable compared to the game launcher and slower at launching..... I have to try so many times to get on.
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    Posts: 46
    Member
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Make the launch into Maple much faster, aka remove the Content Select Screen, I'm not 100% sure why the launcher can't just launch into a preset region.

    Exactly this.
    Most other online games with different regions have done this, so i assumed it would have been the same here in maple too; was a little surprised it didn't happen this way though.

    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1, i really want this to happen.
    AlexF
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 1,655
    Posts: 142
    Member
    edited April 2017
    half of which I don't even use consistently
    Why don't u delete them and leave the ones you use? Your argument is rather...childish? " Oh, i have sooo many launchers occupying my bar but i only use one of them" And who's fault is that, may i ask?
    I don't have any sort of problem with the launcher. More so, i like it better than before. I don't know how u cry about taking long to get in the game. Takes me roughly 1.5 mins to get in game from double clicking on the nexon launcher to the actual gameplay. Either u are using an ancient pc, either u have sht internet connection.
    There are hundreds, thousands of subjects to rant about when it comes to nexon. But this? This ain't one of them.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    Posts: 173
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    half of which I don't even use consistently
    Why don't u delete them and leave the ones you use? Your argument is rather...childish? " Oh, i have sooo many launchers occupying my bar but i only use one of them" And who's fault is that, may i ask?
    I don't have any sort of problem with the launcher. More so, i like it better than before. I don't know how u cry about taking long to get in the game. Takes me roughly 1.5 mins to get in game from double clicking on the nexon launcher to the actual gameplay. Either u are using an ancient pc, either u have sht internet connection.
    There are hundreds, thousands of subjects to rant about when it comes to nexon. But this? This ain't one of them.

    Everyone has different problems with the Nexon launcher, you just so happened to get lucky. Don't fault people for problems they have with the launcher just because you have no problems. That's called anecdotal evidence.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited April 2017
    can someone please close this thread cause its getting out of hands.
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,465
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm back from my "quitting" on Nexon launcher :l still can't fathom the fact they chose this over game launcher....... i decided to move to reboot for some reason though :o
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited April 2017
    I have no issues with the launcher on initial launch, but swapping accounts is definitely frustrating. Closing and re-launching the client aside, I often find my launcher gets stuck thinking I'm currently in-game and I need to shut down the entire launcher to be able to re-launch the client :(

    Glad this has been forwarded, hopefully something is done to address it.
  • yaboyoliveryaboyoliver
    Reactions: 660
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Bellamazed wrote: »
    I have no issues with the launcher on initial launch, but swapping accounts is definitely frustrating. Closing and re-launching the client aside, I often find my launcher gets stuck thinking I'm currently in-game and I need to shut down the entire launcher to be able to re-launch the client :(

    Glad this has been forwarded, hopefully something is done to address it.

    Hi Bellamazed,
    While I have forwarded user feedback on optimizing the general speed of the launcher;
    In our test runs we are getting pretty good results, the "Currently in-game" takes about 1~2 seconds to refresh in our minimum requirement settings.
    In order to hasten the process, would you be able to provide us your dxdiag information?
    You can PM me it to me.