[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Very Easy Solution To Elite-Boss-Farming Bots

FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
Reactions: 670
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Swap loot tables from Inferno Wolf/Fritto and Pollo bounty hunter portals with elite bosses.
Tanya

Comments

• RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    They give indeed good rewards, Monster Collection Exploring also gives nice rewards.
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    edited April 2017
    RikNL wrote: »
    They give indeed good rewards, Monster Collection Exploring also gives nice rewards.

the point is they swap what's tradable and can be botted with untradable, while still rewarding players tradable for training.
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    not sure how great this would be since i know legit players that are new and moving up lvs that sell the elite boss drops for meso since its pretty hard when you're starting out to get meso.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    not sure how great this would be since i know legit players that are new and moving up lvs that sell the elite boss drops for meso since its pretty hard when you're starting out to get meso.

What FoolsPlay is saying is that those players would get the css and epot from Bounty Hunter and Inferno Wolf pouches, instead of from Elite Bosses.
    The assumption is that bots can't be programmed to use the portals.
    Bellamazed
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

What FoolsPlay is saying is that those players would get the css and epot from Bounty Hunter and Inferno Wolf pouches, instead of from Elite Bosses.

not quite sure how good this mechanic would be if it was like e.g. kill elite boss and then enter a portal to get drops and then exiting portal to get back to the map i originally was at. Because if you're leaving stuff on the floor or have a slow computer, then you'd be wasting time just going in/out portals especially loading in to a map filled the drops. If it was something like e.g. kill elite boss, random spots are on the map and press up key or something for loot, i think i'd be pretty supportive of that since its pretty close to the current system and i wouldnt really see the differences between the two. I think most players wouldnt mind this actually if it was meant specially to combat botters.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

not quite sure how good this mechanic would be if it was like e.g. kill elite boss and then enter a portal to get drops and then exiting portal to get back to the map i originally was at. Because if you're leaving stuff on the floor or have a slow computer, then you'd be wasting time just going in/out portals especially loading in to a map filled the drops. If it was something like e.g. kill elite boss, random spots are on the map and press up key or something for loot, i think i'd be pretty supportive of that since its pretty close to the current system and i wouldnt really see the differences between the two. I think most players wouldnt mind this actually if it was meant specially to combat botters.

You're still not getting it.
    The idea doesn't involve elite bosses at all (their rewards are to be nerfed or made untradeable).
    Just the Bounty Hunter and Inferno Wolf portals we have today. Add CSS and epot to the list of prizes in the reward pouches they currently give.

I agree that going into those portals interrupts one's training, leaving drops on the ground, having to leave party, possibly even losing the training map.
    Bellamazed
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    edited April 2017

You're still not getting it.
    The idea doesn't involve elite bosses at all (their rewards are to be nerfed or made untradeable).
    Just the Bounty Hunter and Inferno Wolf portals we have today. Add CSS and epot to the list of prizes in the reward pouches they currently give.

I agree that going into those portals interrupts one's training, leaving drops on the ground, having to leave party, possibly even losing the training map.

then thats a pretty negative update...it damages new players too much tbh =/ because if the drops are nerfed/untradeable then they cant sell it for meso which is kind of important in the beginning.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    then thats a pretty negative update...it damages new players too much tbh =/ because if the drops are nerfed/untradeable then they cant sell it for meso which is kind of important in the beginning.
    The tradeable CSS and E-pots aren't getting removed; they're just getting moved to the Bounty Hunter/Inferno Wolf pouches. Which would actually be more beneficial to new players looking to earn mesos, since those portals are WAY easier to find than elite bosses.

BellamazedFoolsPlay
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    edited April 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    The tradeable CSS and E-pots aren't getting removed; they're just getting moved to the Bounty Hunter/Inferno Wolf pouches. Which would actually be more beneficial to new players looking to earn mesos, since those portals are WAY easier to find than elite bosses.

yeah this update would help players, new or old, and hurt bots. not much a downside to it