[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Weekly Ban Data: 03/30/2017 - 04/05/2017

Comments

• Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    So, keyjamming or keyweighting is NOT allowed, since it makes your character function in Maplestory without your presence.

The fact that the anti-cheat 100-attack limit doesn't work with certain skills doesn't mean they are permitted to bot, just as having an unlocked door in your house doesn't mean taking your stuff is legal. Carelessness =/= permission.[/quote]

That words " behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence;" has so many meanings. Everyone can interpret it differently. not like hacking. Everyone knows what is hacking. That is why i am asking a cler answer from GM. My question is why they didn't clearly state it on the ToS? And also why only several skills were made to avoid keyjamming while skills such as kishin can be keyjammed?. I have been searching and haven't found any links from GM or nexon that clearly stated that keyjamming is not allowed, except the one from maplesea. Automatically itself can be interpreted differently, because in computerisation, using software is considered automatic while keyjamming is manual. You don't do anything auotomatic inside the game itself, but you do it in real world. All i ask is for GMS to put a clear rule regarding keyjamming in ToS. I myself seeing so many kishin everywhere standing there and kishin without the people presence. i believe it is keyjammed. But it seems GMS do nothing about it. Can i have a link from GM that clearly stated that keyjammed is not allowed? because they have made , example, a mercedes skill attack cannot be keyjammed because it will stop after hundreds of attacks but kishin can be jammed for even one hour. It is indirectly saying that keyjammed is allowed as long as the skill itself can be activated for a long time even if we hold it for a long time. in short, why Mercedses attack skill cannot be keyjammed while kishin can?
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited April 2017
    glad to see some things are being looked after. because in scania theres alot of botters running around on maps steal killing and teleporting all over the map then follows u to the next map and different channels (sighs. ) it was hard to find places for my zero to lvl up for awhile xD
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    So, keyjamming or keyweighting is NOT allowed, since it makes your character function in Maplestory without your presence.

The fact that the anti-cheat 100-attack limit doesn't work with certain skills doesn't mean they are permitted to bot, just as having an unlocked door in your house doesn't mean taking your stuff is legal. Carelessness =/= permission.

That words " behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence;" has so many meanings. Everyone can interpret it differently. not like hacking. Everyone knows what is hacking. That is why i am asking a cler answer from GM. My question is why they didn't clearly state it on the ToS? And also why only several skills were made to avoid keyjamming while skills such as kishin can be keyjammed?. I have been searching and haven't found any links from GM or nexon that clearly stated that keyjamming is not allowed, except the one from maplesea. Automatically itself can be interpreted differently, because in computerisation, using software is considered automatic while keyjamming is manual. You don't do anything auotomatic inside the game itself, but you do it in real world. All i ask is for GMS to put a clear rule regarding keyjamming in ToS. I myself seeing so many kishin everywhere standing there and kishin without the people presence. i believe it is keyjammed. But it seems GMS do nothing about it. Can i have a link from GM that clearly stated that keyjammed is not allowed? because they have made , example, a mercedes skill attack cannot be keyjammed because it will stop after hundreds of attacks but kishin can be jammed for even one hour. It is indirectly saying that keyjammed is allowed as long as the skill itself can be activated for a long time even if we hold it for a long time. in short, why Mercedses attack skill cannot be keyjammed while kishin can? [/quote]

And when a GM tells you keyjamming is not allowed, you'll say, "But the ToS doesn't say anything about using steel paperclips to hold a key down, so maybe that is allowed?"

"automatically function without your presence" is a lot more clear than "hacking", actually.
    Ask different people and they might tell you that "script kids" aren't hacking, for example.

The term "automatic" predates computers by a few centuries. Googling "automatic" brings up as first example "an automatic kettle that switches itself off when it boils". I think we all know kettles don't have any software.
    But if you want a technical definition: "Anything that causes keyboard or mouse events to the client without human presence". Is that clear enough for you?

As for people botting - well, you can also see people hacking for days and weeks and months, unpunished. Does that mean it's allowed?
    No. It just means enforcement is lacking.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    have just read this. Keyjamming means whatever means you use to jam your button in keyboards, no matter if you use coins, paperclip, wristwatch, gold coins, or anything. All consider keyjamming. Keyjamming is a clear term. You put something on your keyboard button so it will hold it and keep it pressed.