[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Class Suggestions

VirconaVircona
Reactions: 745
edited April 2017 in General Chat
I'm trying to decide on what class to main in the Reboot server and was curious about others' experiences. I'm looking primarily at very high end-game bossing ability assuming basically unlimited funding, but also considering things like good mobility and mobbing so I don't hang myself on the way to end-game. I'm currently playing a Dawn Warrior and it's pretty fun; decent mobility, mobbing, damage, etc. it seems like.

My current finalists are:

-Shadower
-Xenon
-Evan
-Kaiser
-Kinesis

That said, it's been years and years since I've played; I've never actually played any of these classes. I'd appreciate any feedback on these classes with respect to what I'm looking for, or if anyone has another class suggestion based on that criteria, I welcome the feedback.

Thanks!

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    my opinions on the classes chosen

Shadower: it's an extremely fun class, very mobile fun to play. It's downside is definitely it's damage, it's a pretty hard class to fund HOWEVER if you do fund it you can dish out some insane amounts of damage.

Xenon: Xenons a interesting class, takes spin2win and turns it into spin2level. It's fairly easy to fund and has a pretty fun story-line to boot.

Evan: With the revamp that Evan received it's definitely a force to be reckoned with, the class definitely excels in bosses like lotus and Damien. If he has a revamped story line now i haven't done it yet, so i couldn't tell you if it's any good, the original story when he came out though was rather fun.

Kaiser: All around just a cool class, the ability to transform and demolish everything as a giant half dragon knight is incredibly fun, though the recent change to the kms version of him is a little clunky. It takes some getting used too, but all around the class is really fun and easy to play once you figure it out!

Kinesis: https://youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw nuff said

i've gotten Kaiser Xenon and Shadower to 200

Evan to 127

and Kinesis to 176

If i had to choose a favorite the winner would be
    latest?cb=20121126055604

Kaiser!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Shadowers are considered very powerful, but I don't have personal experience with them.

Xenon is also considered powerful. Personally I find the tri-stat and mode-change systems to be difficult to manage if you're a casual player.

Evan deals high damage but requires management of both Mir and Evan to use properly. Vertical mobility is better than most mages, but only when Mir isn't attacking. Also, due to fusion skills, Evan will receive four new 5th job skills in the upcoming BEYOND update (other classes only receive one or two).

Kaiser is a faster-paced warrior than most, although I have found horizontal mobility clunkier than what I'm used to. Vertical mobility uses a grappling hook skill, which works well for me. Also, due to latency and issues, the Dragon Link system isn't efficient at all, so you'll be using key-bound attacks instead.

Kinesis is heavily story-oriented, and requires management of buffs to utilize properly. Mobbing is good enough, but mobility is rather low, especially vertical mobility. Probably not best for a beginner class or for a returning player unfamiliar with the current mechanics, although I wouldn't discount it because the important thing is that you have fun playing it.

Overall, I'd say Shadower if you're looking for simpler mechanics or Xenon if you're looking for more complex attacks.
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017
    Sweet -- thanks for the feedback, guys!

Final question, then: Out of all of the listed classes, are any of them UNABLE to reach such high damage levels to do some of the ridiculous sub-minute chaos horntail runs you see videos of? Or are all of these classes able to blow some bosses up given enough funding?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Vircona wrote: »
    Sweet -- thanks for the feedback, guys!

Final question, then: Out of all of the listed classes, are any of them UNABLE to reach such high damage levels to do some of the ridiculous sub-minute chaos horntail runs you see videos of? Or are all of these classes able to blow some bosses up given enough funding?

Any class is capable of speed-running bosses, given enough funding. It'd just be a matter of cubing your gear to that point.
  • VirconaVircona
    edited April 2017
    Perfect. I think I've got enough information to make my choice, then. Thanks for the help!
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Kaiser is really fun.
    Bellamazed