[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disconnecting when picking a channel

iBrosiBros
Reactions: 300
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Hey, Yesterday I came back from a long break... Started a Kanna in Reboot server and it was all fun and etc, I had a mission with the water gun So I just stood up in Henesys and spammed it on some guy I was about to finish the mission and then I got a MSG bar from a GM that I was banned for hacking... I was laughing at the start but when I try to log in Its impossible, I log in through the launcher, I pick Reboot server and pick a channel, then it loads the channel like 2minutes and close maplestory... I've tried all worlds and all channels, I've tried with my Brother's account and same thing, It happens since yesterday... help would be extremly nice :(
Edit: Im trying to search my player *( iBros )* on the ranking site and he doesnt exist there (he's level 45)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    If you are on the Cygnus Knights team, you might have gotten auto-banned due to a bug.
    Try exiting the Nexon Launcher and using the file GameLauncher.exe (should be somewhere like C:\Nexon\MapleStory\appdata) to log in to the game. If it tells you that you can't login for 30 days, create a Customer Support Request (ticket) or try contacting Live Chat to get unbanned.
  • iBrosiBros
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

If you are on the Cygnus Knights team, you might have gotten auto-banned due to a bug.
    Try exiting the Nexon Launcher and using the file GameLauncher.exe (should be somewhere like C:\Nexon\MapleStory\appdata) to log in to the game. If it tells you that you can't login for 30 days, create a Customer Support Request (ticket) or try contacting Live Chat to get unbanned.
    I have no GameLauncher.exe :( I'll try to make a ticket for support
  • iBrosiBros
    edited October 2016
    Problem solved thanks to the Live chat thanks alot :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Bug type: Stability

Brief bug summary: The client is far more likely to disconnect within a minute or two of changing channels, than at any other time.

More details:
    By "channel" I mean not just game-world channels but also "private channels" (such as Dimension Invasion or Magnus), Cash Shop, Monster Life, Star Planet (which even has separate channels for the game arena and the area outside it), and cross-world PQ.
    Whenever we log into the game, or move from one channel to another (either on our own initiative or automatically due to boss tele or entering certain portals), the client must form a connection with the new channel server. Sometimes this fails, but that is outside the scope of this bug report.
    Sometimes, the connection seems to succeed: the character is in the new channel, and can use skills and items, go through portals, interact with NPCs, monsters, and other characters, etc. But then, a minute or two later, "MapleStory has stopped responding" (or, in Windows XP, the client simply closes).

In my experience, if I don't suffer this disconnection shortly after changing channel, my connection remains stable for hours at a time. My client very rarely crashes except within a minute or two of logging in or changing channel.

To me this seems like there are two connections that need to move (possibly the client and the NGS?), but sometimes only one does, and the server kicks it out when the second doesn't join it within a set time limit. But this is pure speculation.

Steps to reproduce:
    Repeatedly change channels until it happens.