[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

RIP ship travel

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Rants and Raves
Omg why dod they had to mess it up with that stupid panthenon gate.
I miss it when i was flying to orbis with a lot of people but now its just ded.
I also miss how we all got slayed by balrogs.
Raw

Comments

• GirthquakeGirthquake
    Reactions: 350
    edited April 2017
    get with the times, old man. no one cares about your dumb ship travel
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Girthquake wrote: »

Wow Rude*grabs megumins staff*
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    edited April 2017

if you wanna keep wasting your time taking the dumb ships between places, have fun. meanwhile the rest of us with actual brains will enjoy instant travel from pantheon
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Whilst the rudeness of the replies are unwanted.

But the option is still there to travel by ship, maybe grouping up with friends to take a nostalgic trip would be a nice thing to do on occasion =]
    foussiremixJettLuvsU
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »

But the option is still there to travel by ship, maybe grouping up with friends to take a nostalgic trip would be a nice thing to do on occasion =]

Yaa i sometimes use the ship when i am bored or want to explore. I used to have many friends through the ship travel.
    And the EQ that got dropped.
    It was fun going outside while the balrogs where there and than try to survive .

if you wanna keep wasting your time taking the dumb ships between places, have fun. meanwhile the rest of us with actual brains will enjoy instant travel from pantheon

Whats the heck is wrong with you and your hostility.
    If you would have played maplestory in the older times you would know how awesome there were.
    Also keep trying to be rude, its going to take you nowhere and is gonna let you look like a bully.
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    edited April 2017

Yaa i sometimes use the ship when i am bored or want to explore. I used to have many friends through the ship travel.
    And the EQ that got dropped.
    It was fun going outside while the balrogs where there and than try to survive .

Whats the heck is wrong with you and your hostility.
    If you would have played maplestory in the older times you would know how awesome there were.
    Also keep trying to be rude, its going to take you nowhere and is gonna let you look like a bully.

nothing says awesome like waiting 20 minutes for a ship to arrive, then 15 for it to actually start going, and then another 30 where you go inside the ship then walk off and do something else while it's going
    Bellamazed
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Nothing says awesome like the pre-bb days. But alas, gaming is an ever changing industry, and has to deal with impatience of players wanting end game at level 1...
    JettLuvsU
  • AMagicLieAMagicLie
    Reactions: 925
    edited April 2017
    Nothing says awesome like the pre-bb days. But alas, gaming is an ever changing industry, and has to deal with impatience of players wanting end game at level 1...

And then complain that there's not enough content. The gaming community is truly the best.
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    I would honestly not play if I had to travel via ship. Worst part of Maple for sure. I have limited time to play between working a full-time job, studying and general home duties - I don't want to spend 30 minutes moving from Elinia to Orbis and then wherever else I need to go.

Before you start shouting "but nostalgia, nostalgia!" - I've been playing since 2005.... I have NEVER enjoyed wasting my time with those ships.
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    edited April 2017
    Bellamazed wrote: »
    I would honestly not play if I had to travel via ship. Worst part of Maple for sure. I have limited time to play between working a full-time job, studying and general home duties - I don't want to spend 30 minutes moving from Elinia to Orbis and then wherever else I need to go.

Before you start shouting "but nostalgia, nostalgia!" - I've been playing since 2005.... I have NEVER enjoyed wasting my time with those ships.

people have been avoiding the ships for as long as its been possible to. even if it means going through four different regions, it's still faster
    Bellamazed
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017

people have been avoiding the ships for as long as its been possible to. even if it means going through four different regions, it's still faster

Agreed - I've been one of them. The ships are just ridiculous and add absolutely no value to the game whatsoever.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I mainly liked the ships because they were gathering places. There just aren't enough of those nowadays. Henesys and Nameless seem like the only ones. I preferred the ships though, cuz they were a part of the gameplay, whereas Henesys/Nameless is just like a chat room or lul Second Life.

Another thing I liked about the ships was that they made the game world feel bigger. AKradian summed it up pretty nicely - without the ships, the game would seem less like a world and more like a bunch of dungeons. I sometimes forget that Maple World is actually pretty big lol. Doesn't help that there're only a handful of maps worth going to. Can't even remember the last time I actually had to set foot in Ludibrium, and I only ever end up in Orbis cuz the Free Market/Dimensional Mirror glitches and sends me there. Edelstein? What's that? Ereve? What's a Riant? Are those even actual places?

They'd probably be hella annoying today though lol. Especially cuz GRAZED is pretty ded. Even if we were forced to use the ships again, I probably wouldn't see anyone :/ so it'd be nothing but extra time that I'd be giving to Nexon.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017

Well each to their own opinion, but at least you wasn't so rude about putting across your opinion.
    I use a teleport rock to get to and from places as I work odd hours, so to go about my daily routine, a tp rock is much better for me.

But as I said, for when I have time to do so, a nostalgic trip is a nice thing to do. But I agree, it's not for everyone.
    Bellamazed
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited April 2017
    R.I.P Orbis, and Ludi ships
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited April 2017
    I think ships sucked as the ONLY option. I agree back in the day was super fun and funny when someone new went outside and had to waste another hour boarding and shipping themselves, more carefully this time, to wherever.
    Maybe they should shorten ship times, wait times, etc. Also maybe adding a few rewards that people can make minor money on would probably get people riding it. I'm not one to shoot down ideas but this would be the best of both worlds. I think both sides of this argument are right in some sense, but why not add some mini game to ludibrium? Or a strengthened Balrog to Orbis, with better rewards? Maybe a revamp would help a bit.

Having said all that, I think Nexon has other eggs in their basket in terms of shtuff to do. Ship travel has to be relatively low on the list.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited April 2017
    Lol I remember the old times where there is so many players on the ship going to orbis but a Balrog appeared and everyone is shocked lol best moments.