[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add Minibosses/Minigames to Ship Travel

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
DISCLAIMER: I do not intend for this thread to turn into an old maple argument. If you feel the need, go elsewhere and get that thread closed.

I think it's safe to say that most of us remember back when a lot of people used to use the ships for travel. Many of us have a lot of nostalgia for those times. I thought it'd be a fun idea to spruce ship travel a little bit. Bring some appeal to it, because at this point, no one is using it, it's a unneeded piece of content aside from having to leave Ereve or Edelstein as a low level character, but you can even then circumvent ship travel by leveling up to 13 and going to momijigaoka. But that's aside from the main point.

My suggestion is to add a *new* boss, similar but not limited to the crimson balrog. Or add a minigame of sorts to occur during the voyage.

The bosses should occur on flights to and from: Orbis, Leafre, Ariant, Ludibrium, and Mu Lung.
The Minigames should occur on flights to and from: Rien, Ereve, and Edelstein.
(If I missed any, please tell me)

I think that this would be a good way to utilize a piece of content that's not really being used at all. I believe that it could lead to more player to player interactions, and depending what the drops and rewards are, another piece of content for people to enjoy, and benefit from.

Comments

• BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2017
    DISCLAIMER: I do not intend for this thread to turn into an old maple argument. If you feel the need, go elsewhere and get that thread closed.

I think it's safe to say that most of us remember back when a lot of people used to use the ships for travel. Many of us have a lot of nostalgia for those times. I thought it'd be a fun idea to spruce ship travel a little bit. Bring some appeal to it, because at this point, no one is using it, it's a unneeded piece of content aside from having to leave Ereve or Edelstein as a low level character, but you can even then circumvent ship travel by leveling up to 13 and going to momijigaoka. But that's aside from the main point.

My suggestion is to add a *new* boss, similar but not limited to the crimson balrog. Or add a minigame of sorts to occur during the voyage.

The bosses should occur on flights to and from: Orbis, Leafre, Ariant, Ludibrium, and Mu Lung.
    The Minigames should occur on flights to and from: Rien, Ereve, and Edelstein.
    (If I missed any, please tell me)

I think that this would be a good way to utilize a piece of content that's not really being used at all. I believe that it could lead to more player to player interactions, and depending what the drops and rewards are, another piece of content for people to enjoy, and benefit from.

Hmm... Interesting, but maybe add a limit? Otherwise people might just continue to go on flights purely for the rewards... Unless that's your intention?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    How is this better than accessing these mini-bosses or mini-games from, say, the Boss Match system and Party Quest Lobby?

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    Add the Frankenbalrogs >:)

JettLuvsU
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    How is this better than accessing these mini-bosses or mini-games from, say, the Boss Match system and Party Quest Lobby?

It was just my attempt to try to revive a piece of content that hasn't been used in a long time. Though your question is one that could be applied to multiple scenarios. It's not better, necessarily, but not all content needs to be streamlined. I personally doubt that nexon would give this suggestion the time of day, it's more of a suggestion that I wanted to see what others thought of it.
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    I like this idea and think it's a great way to possible increase more socialization. Besides having to use the ship to travel back then, me and other people use to ride the ships for fun because they wanted to see or have a crack at the legendary crimson balrogs. Maybe keep the same random spawn mechanic, but with exclusive and/or sought after drops to make the trip worthwhile.

Although, I feel like something like this would be difficult to implement due to how damage drastically differs from player to player compared to back then, but most importantly wouldn't work because randoms don't like sharing drops with one another.