[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

REBOOT - What is the difference?

AngelRose59AngelRose59
Reactions: 1,360
edited April 2017 in General Chat
What is the difference between Reboot and the other servers?

I just read that they don't have much of weapons, clothing, etc.

And I also heard that you can learn ALL 5 PROFESSIONS there?

What other differences are there over on Reboot?

I would like to know, because I am seriously thinking of making a Character over there :D

Thank You :D

AngelRose59

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The main differences are:
    1. No trading, which means no way to transfer anything from one account to another. One result of that is that, yes, you can learn all five crafting professions, because you can't buy items crafted by anyone else.
    2. Even within the same account, equipment can't be transfered between characters (but meso, potions, crafting materials, and so on, can be transfered through storage normally).
    3. No advantage can be gained by paying real-world money, with the exception of pets. Cash Shop items that give power in normal servers are either sold for meso or don't exist at all.
    4. Equipment improvement is simpler: no scrolls or spell traces, and no bonus potential. Only normal potential and star force. To compensate for it, characters get stronger as they level up (more so than in normal servers).
    5. Monsters have more HP but give more EXP and drop more meso.

AngelRose59XlGuadalX
  • AngelRose59AngelRose59
    Reactions: 1,360
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The main differences are:
    1. No trading, which means no way to transfer anything from one account to another. One result of that is that, yes, you can learn all five crafting professions, because you can't buy items crafted by anyone else.
    2. Even within the same account, equipment can't be transfered between characters (but meso, potions, crafting materials, and so on, can be transfered through storage normally).
    3. No advantage can be gained by paying real-world money, with the exception of pets. Cash Shop items that give power in normal servers are either sold for meso or don't exist at all.
    4. Equipment improvement is simpler: no scrolls or spell traces, and no bonus potential. Only normal potential and star force. To compensate for it, characters get stronger as they level up (more so than in normal servers).
    5. Monsters have more HP but give more EXP and drop more meso.

I do not think that I will go on that Server than. Thank You for the Insightful thoughts. I want to start a 7th Character, but I think I will do it somewhere else. When you say in the same world, do you mean on the same server? Because I am on Luna, and Khiani and Rhenegades and I can take each character to the cash shop and my NX Credit and all will be there from the other servers, too.

Thank You.

AngelRose59
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Your NX balance is indeed shared among all worlds (and also among all Nexon games; if you start playing Mabinogi now you will see your NX credit there, too).

But the items you bought with that NX are restricted to the world you bought them on. For example, if you have a Xenon on Renegades, and you now make a Demon Avenger on Renegades, you can let your new Demon Avenger use the pet you bought for your Xenon. But if you make the Demon Avenger on any other world, it will not be able to use that pet. (Not all characters on the same world can share a pet, by the way. They need to be in the same "class group". But we won't get into that right now).

Also, people usually make all their characters on one world, because they can then share the meso they earn, any equipment or other items that they find, and even some of their power. This is called "Link Skills". If we use the example I gave above, if you make a Demon Avenger in the same world you have your Xenon in, then the Demon Avenger can give the Xenon a permanent 5% or 10% damage buff. If the Demon Avenger is on another world, it can't do that.

So, I would recommend picking one world and focusing your efforts there. Which one? Wherever you have the best friends or guild, probably.
    AngelRose59