[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

@Forum mods

TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
Reactions: 1,430
edited May 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Nilrem wrote: »
With the rise of afk events, having to wait a week for rebirth, and a certain physical condition I have at the moment, I have ended up with a lot of time on my hands. I won't get into the details of it, but in short, I was thinking of playing a game alongside mabinogi for a while.

Since I have not touched maplestory in years, I decided to see what it was up to, and decided to visit their forums. There, I found out that forum IDs are apparently separate, although when I went to make one, my name from this forum popped up.

Alongside this was a notice for general new users, saying one could not post until approved, and that the wait should be 24 hours or so.
It was a bit strange to see this, since I can post here, but I decided to go along and wait.

That was may 1st. Far more than 24 hours have passed.

I decided to ask helpdesk if this was normal, and got told to contact the moderators of that forum about being unable to post there.
Thing is, because I cannot post on the maplestory forums, I also cannot send messages there, and to that extent, cannot contact anyone there.

So I am here with a request: If someone is able to post and send messages on that forum, could they send a message regarding such for me?

This is a post from the mabinogi forums from someone who is unable to post directly on the maple forums since their account was not approved.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    @Nilrem should be approved now.

Approval is a manual process but it's rather heuristic. I used to decline obvious gibberish names, and that worked for a while, and then bots switched to selecting a combination of real words. Then it was based on something else, and bots bypassed that too now, I think.

Long story short, it's difficult to separate who's real and who isn't. It's by far the most annoying thing to do.
  • NilremNilrem
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited May 2017
    After 1000 years I'm free!!!

...to ask questions and learn about the game I have not touched in literally years.
    JettLuvsUShadowParadox